A Flase Claim for Young Motorcyclist

Hazel2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

The bike belongs to the take away chain. I have rang the police for advice and they have said I will need to contact my insurers to ask them to check for his insurance details. Honestly - he did not understand the road set up. But surely my insurers would have checked this first with the other party, before proceeding?

Not necessarily if they don't think is relevant. The Insurance will be the takeaway chains name, but they should have checked that their employee has a licence and CBT if relevant.

I think it is highly relevant, if the bike rider did not understand the UK road set up. There are very different standards of driving in parts of Asia. If they have not passed a UK CBT or have a full licence, then that will be highly relevant to the situation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the fast food chain would have a legal obligation as stated on the drivers licence status, CBT, ETC

it all comes uner the management of health and safety at work act 1999 let alone the road traffic act

the fast food chain would have a legal obligation as stated on the drivers licence status, CBT, ETC

it all comes uner the management of health and safety at work act 1999 let alone the road traffic act

The employer would also have responsibility for checking that all employees are elligible for work in the UK. If they are not a UK national, then they have to have a work visa. This is not totally relevant to the accident claim, but obviously they might not want to proceed with any legal claim, if there is any issue that might be revealed as a result.

In regard to the bikes Insurance details, if you have the reg no. you can check the Insurance on the Askmid site, but it cost £4 to get their details.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CGAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fownvehicle.askmid.com%2F&ei=xtQcULCOI9Cb1AWbpIDwBA&usg=AFQjCNG3P-eFzPHFeZMrgKRR-W0Fqdi6EA&sig2=NajkkmI_VVWQkoIKt4AYwQ

their is no cost

i checked my motorcycle entitlement yesterday

will they reveal through the £4 cost (if applicable) address details etc due to the DPA 1998 ????

it will be like a ppc contacting DVLA for address details

their must be safe guards to release this data otherwise you will be able to find anybodies address just through a £4 fee and quoting a reg number

DCA heaven that would be

The date of the accident and the registration details of the other vehicle are required to search on askMID. If the registration is found on the MID, you will receive on screen the insurance details: policy number, name of insurer and the claims contact details to help you progress a claim.

http://www.askmid.com/askmidenquiry.aspx

What the OP could do is phone the third parties Insurers and muddy the waters. Make them aware of the accident and what has happened. Perhaps they may make enquiries, if they are not aware of the accident.

[url=http://www.askmid.com/askmidenquiry.aspx][/url]

The employer would also have responsibility for checking that all employees are elligible for work in the UK. If they are not a UK national, then they have to have a work visa. This is not totally relevant to the accident claim, but obviously they might not want to proceed with any legal claim, if there is any issue that might be revealed as a result.

In regard to the bikes Insurance details, if you have the reg no. you can check the Insurance on the Askmid site, but it cost £4 to get their details.

Thank you. I have checked the website an the bike is insured, as it is owned by the take away chain. The question really is the motorcylist himself insured? I have contacted me insurers to ask. Thanks again all for your help. This is reassuring.

Is the motorcyclist licensed?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you. I have checked the website an the bike is insured, as it is owned by the take away chain. The question really is the motorcylist himself insured? I have contacted me insurers to ask. Thanks again all for your help. This is reassuring.

If the bike is insured, so will the driver.. though the insurer may not cover any claims if the takeaway has not checked CBT, license.

Hello renegadeimp,

The check only shows the bike is insured by a third party insurance. Not specifically to the motorcyclist. I suppose any of the employees could use any of the company’s bikes.

Thank you.

Yes, i understand that, but does the cyclist have any kind of a license? Provisional etc, or even a CBT, without which, by UK law, he/she is not allowed to operate that bike.

I hate to sound racist and that certainly isnt my intention, however with takeaway chains, even where i live in a major city, they employ a lot of migrant workers. Most of which have no kind of driving license or entitlement ( those type of cases are always in the local newspapers around here).

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hello,

I rang the police last week as the motorcyclist did not pass on his details at the time. The police advised that my insurers should be perusing if the motorcyclist has a licence/CBT. I contacted my insurers on Friday.

Thank you for your help.

Good luck and hope you get the outcome you want hazel. Keep us informed of your progress if you want :) Your experience could help someone else in your situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm only coming in half way on this thread as I am replying to the original post.

If it were me, I'd have pictures of the front of my car showing no damage, or referencing EVERY stone chip, crack in the number plate etc (To show that I haven't had it repaired).

If he's accusing you of knocking him off, he has to prove it. Your story sounds solid to me and therefore I wouldn't be worrying too much.

Seriously, I hate people creaming off other peoples insurance, I've made one claim for a rear end shunt and it was one hell of a shunt... A grazed knee and a ripped pair of trousers is taking it TOO FAR!.