Samsung fridge freezer - fridge not cooling.

Bang!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went through for a drink there, and the temperature display for the fridge is showing 14C, although the freezer is still fine.

Its one of these big side by side things, frost free and made by Samsung, with a drinks dispenser (at a push big enough for 3 bodies! :-).

I am in Glasgow just now, but will be away from tomorrow afternoon, then back again about the weekend or perhaps a bit earlier.

There is close to little food in either side as there is a take-away within a five minute walk, so I can just kill what's in it and unplug it.

Can anyone recommend someone for repairing Sumsung FFs in Glasgow (preferably who can be very specific about the time they will arrive)?

Not good so far - called a few places after the guy who repairs electricals in Glasgow for me said he could not do it. All others I called said the same too.

Hi

This is a common problem with the Samsung side by side fridge and can be fixed by yourself.

It is usually the thermo fuse that causes the problems which can be bought off eBay.

There are guides on eBay on how to test all of the components with a multi meter,just do a search for rs21.

Hope this helps

Bigboj

I went through for a drink there, and the temperature display for the fridge is showing 14C, although the freezer is still fine.

Its one of these big side by side things, frost free and made by Samsung, with a drinks dispenser (at a push big enough for 3 bodies! :-).

I am in Glasgow just now, but will be away from tomorrow afternoon, then back again about the weekend or perhaps a bit earlier.

There is close to little food in either side as there is a take-away within a five minute walk, so I can just kill what's in it and unplug it.

Can anyone recommend someone for repairing Sumsung FFs in Glasgow (preferably who can be very specific about the time they will arrive)?

I have one of these machines which has been repaired repeatedly by Samsung but keeps on breaking down. They use a sub-contractor (G max) who replaces all the working parts, fan, temp sensor etc., The last repair lasted 4 weeks. You can access a video of how to DIY it on youtube as it's a common problem. I'm told the parts are available on e-bay, at a cost of about £70., though I think you're putting good money after bad.......