Credit Report doesnt add up, am i a victim of identity fraud?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really need some advice before heading to the bank tomorrow.

I wanted to get a loan for a new car so i thought id better check my credit rating first,

ive recently finished university so have moved around a bit on the electoral register,

but have been registered at my dads for the past year and have always had my main bank account, phone bills etc and all inland revenue letters go there.

I opened a lloyds account in 2006, which had an interest free overdraft of £500,

i never made this my main account as i had an account at abbey which my salary went into,

it was a platinum account costing £10 a month i just opened it for the perks really.

i used the overdraft sometimes and always payed it back.

The last time i recall using the card i believe was in 2009/10, at which time i registered the card to mums address in london

as i wanted the correspondence going there due to me going off to university.

I am pretty certain once i cleared the overdraft i cut up the card, along with the credit card that came with that account as i didnt want to take any debt to university with me.

But i checked my credit report on 'noddle' today and there is default against my name for this account!

The account opened in 2006, and up until february 2011 the account was 'green'meaning 'OK'

i did use the overdraft during this period but as i said i never went over the limit and always cleared it.

In January 2011 the balance on it was £0 and then in february 2011 it went up to £557.

and precede to go up every month until April 2012!

And from february it shows up as 'orange' until april meaning it was over the limit and 'agreed repayemnets are up to 2 months late and standing orders,

direct debits or cheques have bounced'!!!!

Then in May its in the 'red' meaning 'agreed repayments are now three months late and you have agred new repayments with the lender',

it stays like this until Januray 2012 by which it then goes 'red' meaning 'DEFAULT', consecutively until April 2012!

I have NOT used this card, i am pretty certain i destroyed it along with the credit card

but it was a few years ago so i cant be 100% certain but i mean i am 95% sure.

I am So worried, i am distraight that i now have defaults against me,

i have worked really hard all during university to ensure i kept good credit,

and have never ever had a default before and that with having taken out 2 loand previosuly

and never missing a payment on one, and paying the other back early,

im good with my finances. this has taken me for 6,

im scared for my credit score now, and dont know where to begin with fixing this,

i havent got the card anymore as i said earlier pretty certain i cut it up with c/card.

(the c/card btw was also with lloyds tsb and thats been inactive since 2008 with nothing outstanding)

and got rid of the paperwork, the only paperwork i have is of the c/card.

On the noddle report in a tab called search history,

it shows up my mums old address and a search was done by moorcroft debt recovery on th 02/02/2012..

..which is a month after the first default on the account,

is this who i need to get in contact with?

or do i go straight to the bank?

please any advice i would greatly appreciate.

very lost right now and scared!

*****UPDATE******

i have just been to Lloyds, they have printed out all statements that they sent out to my mums old address in London.

It appears that i had not cleared all the overdraft before i destroyed the card, due to my mum using it.

she used the card in london, paid money back into the account,

took money back out and never paid it back in,

my mums memory is ridiculous and i do believe it was a genuine mistake on her part,

but we did destroy the card

as far as i or she was concerned the account balance was clear. so i admit i have some responsibility here.

Lloys have now closed the account and passed it on to Moorcroft, and they are the ones that have defaulted me every month this year!

i spoke to Lloyds in branch and told them i didnt want to deal with moorcroft

but they said i had no choice now, and that its in my best interest to get in contact with moorcroft and settle it immediately.

HOWEVER, i questioned why they hadnt tried to track me at any other address..

.and they said that isnt protocol,

i find this strange considering when looking into my account, they had letters sent back to them by royal mail and i presume the occupant now at my mums old address.

It had on there files that they sent out a new card to that address and it had been sent back, so surely they must have known i was not there?

that along with the fact ive been on the electoral register at 3 other addresses since 2009.

Do i have any ground to fight it with Lloyd?

im just worried as everyone has told me not to contact moorcroft,

but if i dont another defualt will go up against me this month and continue to do so?

any advice?

im happy to pay the balance to clear it, i just wnat to stop any further damage to my credit :-(

Hi everyone,

can someone please advise me on this, as im feeling lost and confused.

ran a credit check on myself yesterday (with intention of applying for a loan), and saw that i had FOUR defaults consectuively from January this year,

linked to an old bank account with LLoyds.

It appeared that the account was fine from 2006 (when it opened) until February 2011, when the balance exceeded the o/draft limit (£550)

and from then onwards it has gone from 'early arrears' to going into the 'red' and finally in January 2012 i have defaults.

I have not actively used the account since August 2009, when money was paid in, and then some taken out.

I left the account £430 in the overdraft, now i am to blame to an extent as i genuinely thought i had cleared that account,

even cutting up the bank card and c/card before going off to university.

The card was registered to an address in london (my mums old address) which i lived at briefly before heading out to university.

I have been to Lloyds bank this morning, they have explained that the amount has now gone up to £662 due to bank charges on the overdraft,

but as far as they are concerned my account is closed and they have passed it onto Moorcroft Debt.

Lloyds claim to have tried to make contact with me, and they did, i fot them to print all the letters out at the bank

but ALL of these went to the old address,

from sept 2009 to Decemer 2011 the account was not in use, but £437 o/drawn.

HOWEVER, they notified me at the bank that letters sent to the old address,

and a new bank card was sent to the old address and got returned, by royal mail

(clearly the present occupant sent them back so they would have been fully aware i wasnt at the address,

furthermore i was registered at both addresses at university, and have been registered at my dads house since 2011

(which is the address i first opened the account with).

Do i have ground to argue with Lloyds as they didnt actually bother to track me down?

i want to know what to do,

ive spoke on the phone also to lloyds collection department and they have told me theres nothing they can do,

and that i HAVE to deal direct with moorcroft.

but from reading on this site,

im scared to they sound awful!

But if i dont, im going to continue getting defaults and they havent got an address for me?

have to ring them, everyone on this site says send letters but i dont want to wait for a reply by which time ill have another default....

....i just dont know how to approach it with them?

im really upset i had perfect credit before this,

and worked hard to keep it good during university and now its screwed. any advice would be greatly appreciated please

if its penalty bank charges

i'd try reading up on BCOBS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are these 4 separate default entries or just

monthly updates on une entry?

My guess is the latter and Moorcroft have

just updated the entry when the aquired the

debt from the bank.

You need to make a Subject Access request under the

Data Protection Act 1998 to Lloyds this will provide all

the data that they hold on you and the account.

There is a statutory fee of £10 for this and the creditor

has 40 days to comply.

There is a template letter in the CAG library for this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

never ever pay a debt where a discount is offered!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...