style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35687[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35686[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35685[/ATTACH]

I have a PCN from parking partially on the non obvious double yellow lines shown above. The lines look as if they have been partially tarmaced over, therefore everyone in the street assumes that part no longer applies. I wouldn't and have never parked on the obvious yellow lines which are there due to a junction. I'd appreciate opinion on whether I have a case (the council rejected the initial challenge, even with photographs), and also information on what regs to quote to support my case.

Many thanks for your help.

Lisa

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hi and welcome to CAG

Can you give us the location please? Is it in a CPZ (Controlled parking zone)?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Hi, thanks for responding.

It is in Milton Keynes. One side of the street (the side I was parked) is no restricted parking. The other side of the street has a single yellow line restricted no parking 8-6 Mon to sat. At either end of the street are double yellow lines in order to restrict parking too close to the junction.

Lisa

Sailor Sam meant what road, not just the area.

Not trying to be difficult, but as the street is the one I live on, I'd rather not give that much personal information unless absolutely necessary - does the exact street have relevance?.

The photos are very clear of the lines in question.

, but as the street is the one I live on, I'd rather not give that much personal information unless absolutely necessary

How exactly would anyone have known that.........until you told us, doh!

does the exact street have relevance?.

Yes because then it can be viewed on Google Streets.

On what basis did the councl reject your informal challenge?

How exactly would anyone have known that.........until you told us, doh!

Yes because then it can be viewed on Google Streets.

On what basis did the councl reject your informal challenge?

Google streetview has cars parked over the partially tarmaced lines in question, so wouldn't help much, I'm afaid.

They said the lines were obvious and legal. Which I believe the photos show clearly they are not, and show obvious tarmac over part of the yellow lines,.

uksi_20023113_en_126.gif

There you go. Take that to the adjudicator with the third pic of yours. The vital part is 4 (Permitted Variants (NONE)). The council may see sense if you send them a copy with a formal appeal.

Edited by dw190

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Google streetview has cars parked over the partially tarmaced lines in question, so wouldn't help much, I'm afaid.

They said the lines were obvious and legal. Which I believe the photos show clearly they are not, and show obvious tarmac over part of the yellow lines,.

Well your third pic certainly shows that they are very iffy to say the least. If your car was parked on that part, I would certainly challenge it.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.