Barclaycard/CapQuest threat-o-grams

Ros1609
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmmm it would seem MKDP have put a default date on the Barclaycard of March 2014. Looking at my credit file I can see the last green square was October 2010 but fairly sure the card was paid off a bit before that. Barclaycard defaulted the card in early 2011.

So if I end up running the statute barred clock which date am I going from? Default or date of last payment? And if its default which default? Barclaycard or MKDP?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect they have just updted the debt

they CANNOT change the OC's org default date.

whatever else they put mark say makes not diff

All references to a defaulted debt must be removed from your credit files after 6 years

has passed from date of default, whether paid off or not.

the WHOLE ACCOUNT WILL VANISH, never to return.

however, this does not mean the debt itself is not still owed

consider a CCA request.

This is so that someone who continues paying something even after 6 years from default should not be at a disadvantage to someone who pays nothing after default and ends up with a clean file after 6 years.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Got the contents of my SAR today. Massive pile of paperwork to go through later. Had a quick flick through the statements tho and currently it looks like I'm right - the balance is made up of unwanted PPI and charges. Thing is how do I go about proving I didn't want PPI on the card in the first place etc?

dunno did you ask for it

is the box on the agreement pre ticked.

phonecall you never made?

you can ofc ourse now start filing in the PENALTY fees spreadsheet use 24.9%

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Ros,

Did you normally ask for PPI or agree for it to be added. If not, then that's the first part of your argument.

Check in the papers for the credit agreement or mention if PPI was selected or ticked.

Then, as DX says, get to work listing all the penalty charges.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 year later...

Ok, firstly I admit I did nothing about the PPI/penalty charges. Life has been pretty hectic in the last 12 months (both kids diagnosed with Autism etc) and this got pushed to the back of my mind. I had a few statements from MKDP but no more contact about paying the balance. Last week I got a letter from HOIST/Robinson Way saying it has now been passed to them and I need to call them etc. Am not going to call, in all honesty I chucked the letter in the bin!

Niggling thought. Are Robinson Way/Hoist the type to make doorstep visits? Also I'm pretty sure I made the last payment to this card in January/February 2009. It was before my son was born and he turned 6 last August. Would that make this statute barred? If so is it up to me to write to them to tell them?

Hi Ros,

If you look around the Barclays/BC forums, you'll see quite a few other case where Hoist and Robinson Way have become involved with accounts.

If you think the last payment was Jan/Feb 2009, then the debt may already be SB's.

You don't HAVE to write to tell them it's SB'd but, if you are certain about the dates you can use the SB letter from our Library.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Yes they must have been 'sold' in batches as quite a few got passed to MKDP around the same time mine did. Will have a look through a bit later. I'm about 90% certain on the dates but its just occurred to me I remember where I put the SAR information so will have a look through and see if I can find statements before sending a letter

Even if they make a visit

Tell them to leave your property else call the police

A dca is not a bailiff

And have no such legal powers

Dx

and they

Even if they make a visit

Tell them to leave your property else call the police

A dca is not a bailiff

And have no such legal powers

Dx

I know that. If they tried to visit they'd soon be told where they can shove it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ros,

Did you find the statements you mentioned in post #133 to clarify the last payment date ?

I did but I can't remember the date. I will have another look after the school run, I know where they are

Edited to say I'm fairly sure (as in 99.9% sure) that I made the last payment in January/February 2009. I was pregnant with my son and me and my ex husband had borrowed a lump sum off my dad to pay off our card debt before I went onto SMP