Head teacher doesn't want me to park on zig zag lines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can see both sides - if the school bus is there to allow the children access without having to cross roads or (more likely) because there are so many parents parked down the road it's impractical for it to park elsewhere then I understand. If it's parked there despite suitable safe access elsewhere, that's a different story.

The school bus that dropped of kids at my daughters old junior school used to park on the zig-zags to let them off, but if you saw that road during the school run you'd understand why they did it. The whole street was an accident waiting to happen.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, the law is the law.... the zig zag lines are there so that children crossing the road are able to see a good distance in both directions to avoid traffic... NOT for the school bus to park on.

Either everyone can park there.

Or no one can.

And

that

is

that

Nope, the law is the law.... the zig zag lines are there so that children crossing the road are able to see a good distance in both directions to avoid traffic... NOT for the school bus to park on.

Either everyone can park there.

Or no one can.

And

that

is

that

What law would that be then?? There is no law that states you cannot park on school zig zags.

The Highway Code says " Many of the rules in the Code are legal requirements, and if you disobey these rules you are committing a criminal offence. You may be fined, given penalty points on your licence or be disqualified from driving. In the most serious cases you may be sent to prison. Such rules are identified by the use of the words ‘MUST/MUST NOT’. In addition, the rule includes an abbreviated reference to the legislation which creates the offence."

Section 238 says " You MUST NOT wait or park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers, on school entrance markings (see 'Road markings') when upright signs indicate a prohibition of stopping. "

However, germish has said there are no signs indicating prohibition, which means in this particular case it is not illegal due to non-conformity as I see it.....which brings us back to the moral stance.

:bored::bored:

Last comment from me on this, I would suggest that Germish concentrates his energy on prehaps volunteering at an advice centre or similar where his obvious enjoyment in reasearching and looking for legislation etc will be of use to the wider community.

He appears to have made his mind up on the issue of parking by the School and it will make no difference what anyone on here says, he appears to be entrenched in the situation now whether or not anyone else in his village agrees with him or is bothered by the situation.

It would seem that neither common sense, lack of interest , critizism or making light of the situation will change either his opinion or attitude and therefore he has no need of help or assistence from this forum as nothing will alter his opinion.

• Haha 1

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Germish I suppose you dont have much support from other local parents and have you thought of how difficult you can be making the situation for your children at the school, dont supposed you have but most children especially in a small local school will soon become aware of their parents falling out with the teachers/head teacher and it can make things very uncomfortable for them. In my opinion we could all spend time looking at regulations and challanging things but most of us save our energies for important things. You are coming over in your posts as arrogant and argumentative not the best way to sort anything out, if you keep on like this you will probably find that you are fairly much oustracised by the school and other parents and this will affect your children. if you want support for you campaign i would suggest you contact some loony far left extremists, sadly for you, most people on this forum are decent normal human beings with a modicom of common sense, somthing you appear to be lacking. this is my last comment on the matter as I feel there is nothing that any rational person can say to you to make you see the ridiculous nature of this argument.

Thought this was your last comment blondie on 29th March??

:lol::lol::lol:

:confused::confused:

It was but i got wound up again Chaddywol, then again I am blonde and it is assisted (not natural) and I was probably having a senior moment !! your time will come Ha Ha x

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

:confused::confused:

It was but i got wound up again Chaddywol, then again I am blonde and it is assisted (not natural) and I was probably having a senior moment !! your time will come Ha Ha x

already has I think! Lol

:lol::lol::lol:

• 10 months later...
Zig Zags, painted pink with yellow spots, signed or unsigned, if there is a school there and children are crossing don't park there! Why do we need the wrong or rights of any traffic regs when common sense should tell you not to park where it may make it difficult for children to be SAFE!

PS: that goes for the school bus as well!

I agree! So much so I started my own campaign to hopefully put a stop to the selfish and lazy idiots that do it at the primary school near me...

[edit]

Edited by ims21
no external ilnks without permission - dx siteteam

why do newbies keep posting here

its almost a year old thread now...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Saw a guy getting done on the zigzags this morning, quite right to.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

why do newbies keep posting here

its almost a year old thread now...

dx

"Newbies" keep posting here because they find it while searching in Google and it is perhaps relevant to an issue they are currently experiencing?

Does it matter if the thread is 1 day or 10 years old? The matter is still a topic of debate because zig zag lines still exist outside schools.

If you don't want "newbies" posting then close the thread.

Edited by markwilla
Typos