Please Help With So Called Traffic Offence!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

AARRGGGhhh!

This evening after a party at 11pm I had noticed on my window a PCN stating that 'I was Parked In The Prescribed Time!'

I cannot see why as I arrived after the prescribed time which was clearly marked as: 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM MON - SAT! sign posted clearly!

I arrived at 19:25 and left the car. I can offer witnesses and give evidence pertaining to this fact; so does this mean I DID NOT violate any contravention of the RT Act?

Also what gives the Traffic Wardens rights to issue a ticket at 21.10 at night?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated and a template letter so I can send to the stinking Council!

Edited by TONY7

Write an Informal Challenge saying "The sign says '8:00 AM - 6:30 PM MON - SAT' and the PCN was issued at '21.10' [if that is the time on the PCN and not the time you found it]. Therefore there was no contravention and the PCN should be cancelled."

If they do not accept your Informal Challenge you must wait for a Notice to Owner then send a written Representation which will say the same!

Include a photo of the sign if convenient.

Can you give some more precise info?

What is the contravention as stated on the PCN (including the contravention number)?

What sort of parking place were you parked (resident's bay, pay & display bay, yellow line, etc.)?

Can you tell us the street name and town?

Code 01 is traffic warden speak for yellow lines. From Google, it looks like most of that road is single yellow, but there are some stretches of double yellow. Were you on the double yellows at all - even one wheel?

Ok! What about if I parked near a Double Yellow - weather was bad I

may have parked upto the start of the double yellows.

CCTV in operation on that street!

As a DYL is "At all times" should it have been a different contravention to the description given if the OP had been on, or overhanging, a DYL?

If any of the car was on the double yellow lines then the PCN was correctly issued. I would stop messing about with 'what ifs' and send in an informal challenge within 14 days of the incident, the Council will then either cancel or explain fully why you got the PCN giving you the option to either pay or make a formal appeal.