PCN - entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would appreciate some guidance please.

Have received a PCN for our car entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited (camera enforcement).

There are 3 lanes of traffic able to enter the box junction - left, middle, right.

We entered the box junction in the middle lane, safely and sensibly, when the car in front in the middle lane was just coming out of the box junction - so clear and safe to do so.

However, whilst we were then driving through the box junction which was 100% clear in front  - with no other traffic in the junction aside from a car on our right also entering the box junction - a car that was in front and no longer in the box junction (which was clear for us to enter) decided to stop suddenly which prevented us from being able to exit the box junction fully, leaving 2 foot of our car just on the edge of the box junction as we had to break.

we were unable to move to the right lane to keep going as another car was parallel with us going through the box junction, and we were unable to live to the left lane as we made the decision it was dangerous to do so as a large car had already entered the box junction behind us and we were concerned it would crash into us.

obviously we could have moved forward an extra two foot to be 100% outside of the box junction for the 3 seconds we were having to wait, but this would have meant a potential accident as we would have hit the car in front.

Please advise on your professional view.

can you attain the film it will give those that can help a better understanding.

if its clear the box was vacant upon your entry and shows your exit had enough room for you to completely exit then you should be ok,

however if you followed thru in a line of traffic entering the box then you had no guarantee you could fully exit.

the video will confirm

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i guessed  right then, you followed a car thru the box assuming you would both continue and cleanly exit, 

you should not be entering the box if your exit is not clear enough for you to fully drive out of the box.

see what other say but i wouldn't appeal, much cheaper to argue afterwards whilst payment is discounted.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

From the highway code...

You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear. However, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right.

Following another vehicle into the box is simply a gamble.

I traverse two or three of these on my commute and ALWAYS stop before the box to ensure the vehicle in front leaves a gap after the box, so I can exit. (I have also been honked at a few times by morons behind me.)

Looks like you're bang to rights.

On the video, when you actually entered the box, your exit wasn't clear.

As dx says, pay up now, then if you think you're in the right (I don't think you are) then fight it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service