• Tweets

• It's a GR Yaris - Finance is with Alphera, who are part of BMW I believe. I'm sure the unit is very expensive to repair, I have even told them I would be happy with a refurbished/reconditioned unit, in trying to be reasonable as well.
    • Without seeing this envelope, document and sticker it is impossible to advise properly. However, just going on what you have told us, there are two ways you can deal with this: !. The easy way. This has the lowest risk but the guarantee of a penalty for speeding.  You can respond to the SJPN by pleading “Not Guilty” to both charges. In the “Reasons for pleading Not Guilty” box you can explain that you responded to the request for driver’s details but it was recently returned to you, seemingly not actioned. However, you are willing to plead guilty to the speeding charge providing, and only providing, the “Fail to Provide Driver's Details" (FtP) charge is dropped. You could also ask the court to consider sentencing you at the fixed penalty level (£100 and 3 points) as this prosecution seems to be the result of an administrative problem outside your control. 2. The not so easy way with higher risk. This could see you convicted of the FtP charge but has the possibility that you escape with no penalty whatsoever. You can do the same – plead not guilty to both charges. If you go down this route the speeding charge cannot succeed as they have no evidence you were driving. This comes from your response to the request for driver’s details which the police say they have not got. You can mention in the “Reasons” box that you returned the request for driver’s details as required. You will then face a trial for the FtP charge and you can produced your response together with the envelope and sticker showing it had been returned to you. The risk with this is that if your defence fails you will be fined a week and a half’s net income, pay a “Victim Surcharge” of 40% of the fine, pay prosecution costs of around £650 and have six points together with an endorsement code (MS90) which will see your insurance premiums rocket.
    • Probably very expensive to replace what car and model who is your finance with ?   Andy
    • Topic moved to Financial legal Issues forum in view of the claim form. Topic title updated Please continue to post here, Andy   .
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mackenzie Hall Demanding repayment of a debt that isn't ours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

My wife had a letter from Mackenzie Hall demanding repayment of £1344 debt to a company called the Lending Stream.

Now this was the first time we'd ever even heard of this company and the only debt we have is the Mortgage for our house and a loan for our car.

This debt is simply nothing to do with my wife.

I was quite happy to ignore the letter, but my wife wan't.

She went onto Equifax and Experion websites to check that her credit was OK and that she hadn't been the victim of identity theft.

As I expected it was all fine, with Experion giving her the highest 999 rating that you can get.

my wife wanted to send a letter to them telling them this debt wasn't her's and to basically go away.

after some digging I found this very website and forum, which has been of great help.

I downloaded the Prove It letter template from the Self Help Sticky, put my wife's details in and sent it off.

Thinking that would be the end of it.

Today my wife has received another letter from Mackenzie Hall stating the following:

"I can confirm we that we have undertaken an investigation into the issue raised in the above referenced correspondence

and we have concluded that your complaint has not been upheld.

The reasons are detailed below.

I have obtained and enclosed a copy of your electronically signed agreement with the Lending Stream along with a statement which shows a breakdown of the balance,

I have highlighted the signature part of the agreement"

Firstly the address on the statement has one line of the address wrong, it says Stirlingshire when we live in the West Midlands.

The highlighted signature is just my wife's name typed onto the bottom of the statement.

As you can imagine my wife is getting quite upset about this and I'm getting increasingly annoyed.

I just can't believe people can go around doing this, just making things up and demanding money from people.

So my question to you good folk is what should my next move be?

I mean the debt is simply not my wife's and is nothing to do with us.

Thanks in advance for any help

Dave

really I would ignore it, Muck Hall are very well known for being muppets (sorry for offending Kermit and crew) others may help as tp how to legally deal with it but I would suggest you contact local trading standards and complain

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

No signature = NO CONTRACT.... you say you have sent them a letter was this in the form of a CCA request ? oh and what was the date on the Alleged contrct ?

I would send them a CCA request and a SARs Request !! get the ball rolling so to speak.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Hmm, this is very worrying I agree.

I guess you need to send them an even sterner letter confirming that your wife is not the person they are pursuing and should they not heed your warning and remove your details from their data base and send an apology immediately you will be forced to a) advise the the OFT b) make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman or c) in the alternative seek an injuction from the court.

I would also suggest that you request, along with a suitable apology an amount in compensation for the stress caused by their harrassment. I believe such awards have attracted between £50-£300 from the Ombudsman for similar offences.

Make your letter an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT - send it to their Head office by special delivery and require them to respond to you within 7 days.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Send a letter to MacKenzie Hall Director of compliance Rob Sands, advising them that they have traced the wrong person. Your wife has never lived at an address in Stirlingshire and has never had any dealings with a company called Lending Stream. Ask them to look into how they have made this mistake, as it has caused unnecessary anxiety.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

time for a CCA request me thinks.

but dont get stressed over them.

they have no legal powers to do anything to her

end off

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

time for a CCA request me thinks.

but dont get stressed over them.

they have no legal powers to do anything to her

end off

dx

I agree Its there responsibility to prove it NOT your Wife's, Please don’t get stressed out, play the game and have fun along the way.. If you don’t owe the money the ball is in your court.

No Court would uphold there claim without evidence, get a CCA request sent off and send it recorded, keep a file off all the

Correspondences as it may drag on.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

What utter clowns, Muck hall are at the very very bottom of the barrel, they only chase statute barred or unenforceable debts, the worst thing you did was enter into any kind of dialogue with them, they think they have their target now and will be able to bleed you dry of money you don't owe.

IMO if you keep pulling it's tail, they will keep sending you rubbish. Just send a letter of complaint as suggested, and make a complaint to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

How old is the alleged debt, MH are currentl chasing

a portfolio of stat barred debts or debts on the edge

of SB, therehas been a lot of ''pick a name any name''

and go for it even if none of the other details match.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Why not get a phone recorder and give them a ring, what they say will be completely different from anything they put in a letter. You don't have to tell them you are recording the call.

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all your responses. It's great to know we're not alone with this.

I've just this second got off the phone to a lovely lady at the Financial Ombudsman Service. I explained our predicament and she said that she'd get a letter of complaint off to both Mackenzie Hall and the The Lending Stream asking for the details of the agreement and that they will both be investigated over it. So that's put me and the wife in a better mood :)

So do you think I should just leave it now and let the FOS do their thing? As far as I'm concerned the less I have to do with the idiots at Mackenzie Hall the better.

Cheers

Dave

Leave in the hands of the FOS, if they will be writing to those concerned.

Mackenzie Hall are pains in the *ss. For a relatives debt they kept writing to my address, even thought I repeatedly told them they did not live there. They did stop eventually after I complained to Rob Sands who is Mucky Halls compliance director. But before he stopped it, they kept phoning and writing to my address. They even sent around a doorstep collector and phoned a neighbours to see who lived at my address. So it is up to you. The FOS are very busy, so they might not get the letters sent for a while. Based on my experience, I would send a letter to Mr Sands to inform him of the situation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all your responses. It's great to know we're not alone with this.

I've just this second got off the phone to a lovely lady at the Financial Ombudsman Service. I explained our predicament and she said that she'd get a letter of complaint off to both Mackenzie Hall and the The Lending Stream asking for the details of the agreement and that they will both be investigated over it. So that's put me and the wife in a better mood :)

So do you think I should just leave it now and let the FOS do their thing? As far as I'm concerned the less I have to do with the idiots at Mackenzie Hall the better.

Cheers

Dave

Well this is positive news - were you given a reference number from the FOS - if so, then leave it in their hands for the time being. However, if you receive any further hassle from Mucky Hall, then just quote the FOS ref number and tell them to go bother someone else.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi SBD

This may help add some weight to your complaint against Mack Hall and give you an idea of just how thick they really are

Back in 2009 the OFT imposed "Requirements" on them for continuing to chase disputed debts, with luck this link will bring up the PDF doc . . http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/requirements.pdf (If it doesn't copy/paste it in your search bar or Google Mackenzie Hall OFT)

They love to chance their arm in the search of a quick £

Regards

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi Everyone,

Again thanks for all your help and links.

Citizen B, Yes they gave me a reference number for both the complaint against The Lending Stream and Mackenzie Hall, so all good there.

Revenant, Why doesn't that surprise me! Just goes to show what sort of low life we're dealing with!

Cheers

Dave