Welfare Reform Bill, a review. I agree with.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't take everything you see on TV at face value, because you end up falling into the same trap that many of the general public do when It comes to how they view the disabled and the unemployed and the 'millions' they supposedly get.

People love to jump into 'look at what they're getting!!' mode' far to easily these days If you ask me. For everyone who may end up exploiting the system, there are thousands who don't. You only have to spend a little while on this board to find that out.

Also half the time you don't know the full picture of whats really going on there. Program makers are they to make great telly, and not really bother about little details called the truth.

Edited by sadone

Yeh I guess you're right. Although I think the cancer patient was on the news though, not a program. But the morbidly obese do seem to be getting their homes adapted for free, & moved into adapted homes when the rest of us have to have 2 teens of opposite sex in a 2 bed house & be grateful!

I mean, if they are on benefits unable to work, how would they pay for these adaptions? And the home help they get too. Just to have someone come in & clean my home & do a load of washin for me for one day would be a luxury! lol It does make you tempted to pig out?!

Personal care? Who pays for that then?

And the personal carer this obese woman had certainly was doing her washing. The whole program was so upbeat & cheery, I swear they have made that show to cheer us all up in these happy times! :|

If someone needs help with their personal care they are entitled to it, means tested as to whether the state helps fund that. Yes many carers do throw washing in a machine or hang it up but the state wont fund that. Nowadays OT's visit and time the carer doing what is needed and they literally say how many minutes will be funded for the necessary personal care and meal prep, so more and more people will be choosing whether to have their proper wash or get their washing done as they ask their carer to prioritise jobs in the time given. Of course service users can use some of their own money for cleaning and laundry but that isn't funded by the state any longer.

Just to have someone come in & clean my home & do a load of washin for me for one day would be a luxury!

But you're physically capable of doing that yourself. Someone who is obese normally has other problems on top. They don't get their homes adapted for free - there's a lot of criteria to meet. As for moving to a suitable place - that can take ages. I am currently looking at moving out and it's impossible to find somewhere not too far away from my parents that's suitable for me.

I agree Nystagmite, so many posts about 'what other people get' is just jealousy and no one knows what life is like in that other persons shoes. People with disabilities and addictions would rather not have them and be living a full active life. I would swap my benefits for health any day of the week.

Don't take everything you see on TV at face value, because you end up falling into the same trap that many of the general public do when It comes to how they view the disabled and the unemployed and the 'millions' they supposedly get.

People love to jump into 'look at what they're getting!!' mode' far to easily these days If you ask me. For everyone who may end up exploiting the system, there are thousands who don't. You only have to spend a little while on this board to find that out.

Also half the time you don't know the full picture of whats really going on there. Program makers are they to make great telly, and not really bother about little details called the truth.

+1 on that

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Agreed. It's even worse when other disabled people and carers do it.

The article isnt 100% accurate however the government have been lying out their backsides so I see it as a balance.

eg. they lied about benefit fraud figures, multiple times from osborne himself.

they have lied about job creation figures to make it look like the jobless are been lazy.

they lied about the mandatry requirements of job schemes at places like tesco and even silently edited on line DWP documents to pretend it was never compulsory.

cameron lied in parliment about cuts to disabled benefits.

now although someone with over 6 months to live can be in the support group, there is no garuantuee they will be put there and if they not they could be put in work related activity.

Thank God that someone has actually found the courage to write and publish this article, it is a pity it was not in the hard copy of the Mail and only online.

I also read all the comments 102 in all, only 9 being negative about it surely that speaks volumes......................

I hope my posts weren't included in your 9 negatives count, my comments are solely about the way it was written and not the article content, I'm on your side. :)

You're safe :)

Dilizjo is refering to the comments on the DM web site.

I agree Nystagmite, so many posts about 'what other people get' is just jealousy and no one knows what life is like in that other persons shoes. People with disabilities and addictions would rather not have them and be living a full active life. I would swap my benefits for health any day of the week.

Of course its jealousy.

Just about everyone I have read/heard moan about welfare is normally someone who adds a comment about them not getting the help and fending for themselves. If it wasnt jealousy they wouldnt make those comments. They of course dont know what its like to have the health issues needed to qualify and probably just assume its the same as having a common cold.

Now if the daily mail are only printing these sort of articles on their website and not in hard copies then it means hardly anyone is reading them and the mail I guess still remains generally anti welfare.

I am also curious how papers etc. get their stories, I have contacted many papers and news channels and I rarely even get a reply, 90% of the time I get nothing back the other 10% is a polite rejection.