Very and isme

tricia44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have 2 catalogues of which I owe approx £3500 to each,

the company I worked for went into liquidation on 1st November leaving me with no job and in a situation where by I cant make the minimum payments of £160 each per month,

I have contacted both to be told,

I have to make the payments and they cant make a payment plan for me

Im so worried the payments are due on the 3rd of March and I cannot meet them,

I did offer £50 to each but this was refused,

can anyone help

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Thanks for the reply, Im not sure what PPI is ive looked in the abbreviations on here and cant find it, I did the catalogues on-line so I dont think there was any paper work involved, do I ring them and tell them my offer of £50 each, Thanks again

PPI is insurance, if you have any statements it should show on them.

do I ring them and tell them my offer of £50 each,

No write to them and offer what you can reasonably afford, do not go without just to pay a non priority debt. Also do not speak to them on the 'phone ever, everything must be in writing, in that way you will have a nice paper-trail of what has occurred. Besides telephone monkeys have a habit of agreeing to all sorts & then reneging + they are quit adept at being threatening. Just refuse to discuss anything, tell them everything must be in writing if they 'phone & refuse to answer their 'security' questions.

i have managed to get shop direct to accept my proposal with interest frozen for 12 months - once you send your inital offer of payment they will prob refuse if so come back and will help with your response

also you can claim back those stupid £12 debt telephone call etc to help reduce the debt but lets get them to accept your payments first

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I know it's easier said than done, but don't let it worry you to the extent it's affecting you sleeping. At the end of the day it's a non-priority debt & they way things are come at the back of the queue behind your priority debts. There really isn't a great deal they can do about it if you cannot afford to make the full repayments & as much as you'd like them to they cannot kidnap and hold to ransom your firstborn either. ;)

I got the same and replied with:

Thank you for your quick response but I am not wanting to call as I get talked into committing to pay more than I can afford.

I can only afford £10 per week and with current climate I would have expected a company of your stature would try to help your customers.

I was on the understanding that with you being holders of a consumer credit license that you are required to be compliant with codes of practice, fair business practice and observe guidelines as set out by the office of fair trading.

I am very disappointed that you will not even consider my offer and stop interest and charges to bring the balance down in which I believe is a breech of the office of fair trading guidelines.

I would ask to you reconsider my offer of £10 per week and stop interest and charges,

and had a reply within 7 days that interest had been frozen for 12 months and my offer was accepted.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Hi

I have just received the following:

Thank you for your email.

As advised for further options regarding possible reduced payments you would need to contact on 0844 822 4646.

Kind Regards

Dominique Boyle

Very.co.uk customer services team

Any advice would be welcome

Many Thanks

hiya,

I did it with isme, but maybe send respons reiterate that you are unwilling to call as you feel you get intimidated into paying more than you can afford and that can they please reconsider your offer in writing and if written responses are unacceptable for them caould they please explain why so you can forward this to the OFT.

Hi Thank you for the advice, I have emailed them both and told them there is no point in me ringing, I have made the offer and nothing can change that, I am so worried, I feel like there emails are already intimidating me

Don't go down that way, if you have it in writing contact the OFT immediately, telling you to use a dmp is wrong, you can do it yourself with far more efficiency.

These companies are taking the proverbial here and you need to let them know you know your rights, are handling the situation to the best of your ability and prefer everything in writing.

As people have said telephoning is no good, you get told to do things and then they deny it, they will also want your bank details.

Try and get another bank account set up for paying these people so your main income is protected and they don't have your main bank details.

Thanks for the response, I have emailed them again with the offer and refusal to ring or use a dmp, I will update you when I hear from them, although I am only hearing back from VERY not ISME, so I am hoping they have accepted there offer

Well good news ISME have wrote to me accepting the offer and not charging interest, but very are still refusing

Hello,I have been reading your thread and I wanted to know who are you e mailing at very?because everytime I have e mailed them I get an automated response telling me to call customer services??thank you

Oh Hi, what I did was log in to my very and isme account and went to the " Contact Us" section and selected email filled in the form and told them what the problem, let me no how you get on and good luck

Hello

I am new to the site, and welcomed the information on this thread re Very. I too am in a similar situation. Lost my job and could not afford the repayments. I have offered an amount and paid it but they still won't say that is acceptable they insist that I ring, to which I cannot afford to do. I have been a customer for many years and always paid, now this situation has arisen and they are being un- reasonable. They too told me to go to a debt management site as they would not consider anything unless I did. I do not need to go to one of these as I feel that if they accept my offer as well as looking at the interest and £12 charges I can manage the situation. I feel harassed by them, which makes me worry as to whether what I am doing is the right way.

Hi and yes It sounds Like we are in the same situation, this site was a life saver to me as, like you I was so worried and anxious, all I have done is follow the advice I have been given here, one of my catalogues ISME accepted my offer more or less straight away, its Very that are refusing, but I am going to continue following the advice given from ppl here, which I am 100% sure is the right way forward and if I was you I would continue to do the same. Its a horrible feeling of intimidation and even bullying, but I'm going to stay strong if ISME accepted the offer why not Very ? What I haven't got they cant have and until my circumstances change there is little else I can do. Please let me no how things go for you and like me, try not to worry