'Fraud' arrests at government contractor A4e

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's the front page story in today's Daily Mail as well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2104539/Emma-Harrison-4-staff-David-Camerons-work-tsar-arrested-fraud-inquiry.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

It'll be interesting to see what developments follow. In 2009, A4e lost a DWP contract following a fraud investigation, and in 2010 they were fined £60,000 for losing the unencrypted personal data of more than 25,000 jobseekers.

Judging by their adverts on job websites they only will employ people who will get them the money from the government. I don't fit that profile so they wouldn't employ me.... even though I have 40 years experience as an administrator at mostly senior level!

A complete farce and another example of private initiatives taking the proverbial.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The A4E fraud arrest-count now stands at 6. This time, its someone from their Milton Keynes office

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17792718

How many different offices will need to be investigated before it can be called 'systemic'?

(Incidentally, I notice that all the posts on this topic are all dated on the 22nd of the month...strange)

I have my doubts that these arrests will effect A4e too much, no one in the higher echelon of the company has been implicated, Emma Harrison is a personal friend of Cameron, on his dinner invite list and all that, hands will be shook, agreements made, certain people with influence will find their bank balance has had a healthy injection of cash, some foot soldiers will be scapegoated, and it will be business as usual.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.