tescogate

leasky32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are back tracking saying it was a mistake, it should have been work experience with a guaranteed interviews, but still for jsa and expenses, they also said in the last few months they have used 1400 people through this scheme but took on 300 people

Sadly it isn't just Tesco who are part of this scheme. The Poundland store in my town hardly ever has to recruit paid staff now as they have a steady stream of people working for 4 weeks at a time as 'work experience' and several other retail chains also take JSA Mandatory Work Activity candidates.

The whole thing stinks, even though some people have been converted from JSA to full rate paid work at Tesco as jobs have arisen.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Why do you think Tesco are the 'best' supermarket out there for profits? Sainsburys don't even go near the job centre at the moment when advertising their jobs, they only advertise on their web site. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they started doing this too!

Why do you think Tesco are the 'best' supermarket out there for profits? Sainsburys don't even go near the job centre at the moment when advertising their jobs, they only advertise on their web site. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they started doing this too!

Well they were advertising through MY local job centre only last year - I got rather angry with my "advisor" who kept telling me to go for jobs in fashion and shoe shops (I'm a big lady, I have no interest in working in New Look!) yet wouldn't put me forward for the new Sainsburys stores that were opening in my area!! I could do those jobs standing on my head, but she didn't tell me about them or recommend me to them!!!:-x

"When Conservative backbench MP Philip Davies suggested [last year that] disabled people should work for less than the national minimum wage, he was castigated, but it now appears to be government policy."

I know, lets get all the people on benefit working for nothing...that'll get the country back on its feet again.:x

yip these work experience schemes have conditions, say you say no at the first time your mandated to go on it, your tune it down no money for three months, do it again for a second time no money for 6 months, do it for a third time 3 years

Complete. And. Total. Lunacy.

So who is currently signed up for this scheme? Just Tesco's and Poundland?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops: