• Tweets

• Thank you very much for your letter in regard to the above mentioned shipment.  Due to the high volume of parcels coursing through the courier network each day, undergoing continuous processing and handling, certain packages may experience delays or even can get lost in the course of this journey. Please note that due to the time that has passed, this shipment has been declared as lost.  I have today processed the claim and made offers to the value of £75 as a goodwill gesture without prejudice. I do acknowledge that you have mentioned in your letter that the value was higher, however, you did not take out any protection to that amount. The protection for this shipment was £20 and we will not be increasing our goodwill offer any further.    Please log into your account online in order to accept our offer. Once accepted, our accounts department will process the claim accordingly. The claim payment will be processed and received within 7 working days.                                  In addition, a refund of the carriage fee will be processed as a separate payment and will be received within 3 working days.  If I can further assist, please feel free to contact me.   I have also just noticed that yesterday afternoon they sent me an email stating that "after my request" they have refunded the cost of shipping. I did not request the refund so will mention that in my letter as well.
    • Hi I had to leave Dubai back in 2011, during the financial crisis. And only now have I received a letter from IDRWW. Is this anything to worry about about as I have 2 years left until it’s been 15 years(statute barred in Dubai). Worried as just got a mortgage 2 years ago. Could they force me in to bankruptcy? Red lots of different threads on here. And unsure what true and what isn’t. 
    • Not that TOR will see this now he's thrown in the hand grenade. Rayner has plenty of female supporters on X, for a start. As for the council and HMRC, fair enough and I thought Rayner was already in touch with them. That's where it should be dealt with, not the police force. @tobyjugg2 Daniel Finkelstein thinks the same as you about tax. The Fiver theory. How the Fiver Theory explains this election campaign ARCHIVE.PH archived 28 May 2024 17:36:51 UTC  
    • Often with the Likes of Lowells/ Overdales that 'proof' doesn't stand up to scrutiny.   Think about it like a game of poker, they want to intimidate you into folding and giving up as soon as possible, and just get you to pay up and roll over, that is their business model, make you think your cards are rubbish. What they don't expect, and their business isn't set up for it, is for a defendant to find this place and to learn that they have an amazing set of cards to play. Overdales don't have an infinite number of lawyers, paralegals etc, and the time / money to spend on expensive court cases, that they are highly likely to lose, hence how hard they will try to get you to roll over.  Even to the extent of faking documents, which they need to do because the debts that they purchased were so cheap, in the first place. Nevertheless it works in most cases, most people chicken out, when they are so close to winning, and a holding defence is like slowly showing Overdales your first card, and a marker of intention that this could get tricky for them. In fact it may be,  although by no means guaranteed that it won't even go any further than that.  Even if it does, what they send you back will almost certainly have more holes than Swiss Cheese, and if with the help you receive here, you can identify those weaknesses and get the whole thing tossed in the bin.
    • So Rayner who is don’t forget still being investigated by the local council and HMRC  is now begging to save her seat Not a WOMAN in sight in this video other than Rayner  Farage is utterly correct this country’s values are non existent in her seat   Rayner Pleads With Muslim Voters as Pressure From Galloway Grows – Guido Fawkes ORDER-ORDER.COM Guido has obtained a leaked tape from inside a meeting between Angela Rayner and Muslim voters in Ashton-under-Lyne...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

NCO Europe KEEP calling!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I hate it that genuine good people are losing jobs (construction, retail, etc) and these coyboys keep theirs. But then again generally the people who work at these places have no ambition or can not get a job where a skill is required. Oh well they will have no debts to collect on soon the way the banks are going!

For some reason my post yesterday is not there:

I sold a laptop last year for £110. I sent it parcelforce or some other method which did not have a signature. I withdrew the money from my paypal account and used it thinking nothing of it.

At a similar time I sold a digital camera on Ebay for £57. The camera was 3 years old and was described as 3 years old but in decent condition. Then around 6 weeks later the guy had come back off holiday and said that the batteries do not last long on the camera and he deemed it as faulty. I disputed this and said I used lithium batteries and got at least 200 pictures per set. He said he got 100 per set. Basically not my problem because I described it as 3 years old and did my part. Even for example if the camera broke 3 weeks later it would not be my fault or problem because there was no warranty or anything like that. But the fact is it worked and just didnt last long in "his" opinion.

So he did a paypal claim which i rejected. Paypal awarded in his favour anyway, which is against UK Consumber law so I was told by CAB. So then the buyer sent the item to a fake address and to this day it says on the royal mail website something like:

"this item is being held at depot 0000000 and we have attempted delivery at 0000" Some weird thing like that which does not confirm delivery or anything, to me it looks like he has sent it to a fake address.

But yet paypal issue HIM a refund. I have no camera and he gets his money, and probably has the camera.

The same then happened with the laptop, the buyer claimed he did not recieve it and because stupid me didnt use a signed for method, I can only prove that it was sent and not recieved. I contacted royal mail who have nothing in any depot, I put a returns address on it.

I then closed my paypal account with the minus balance and refused to pay it. Around 6 months later I had a letter from a debt collection agency and I called. I forgot to put 141 and they had my telephone number, so I had to change my telephone number because they were calling at least 5 times per day.

I told them to take me to court and I will prove that firstly I do not have the camera back so how they legally think they can take money off me for that and secondly I have proof of sending the laptop. The balance I "owe" is £250 or something, which is not the actual amount either.

So I got a card last week from "P.BROWN" which says:

"I CONFIRM I WILL BE CONTACTING YOU". It does not say a date and time (they cannot contact me because they have no phone number for me) and below that it says "If this is inconvenient please call me on (0870) 903 2341 quoting the reference number on the address side of the card. Regards. P.BROWN"

I might write on it "return to sender, no one at this address". But then I would be as bad as them. If they have proof and want the money, why don't they just take me to court? Because they know they do not have a toe to use the foot to use the leg to stand on!!

It is really annoying how they can get away with tactics like this, if I didnt change my telephone number I would be getting harrassing telephone calls. If I ring the 0870 number and do not press 141 then they would have a system to record my number I bet! I want them to stop with their little cards (I only had 1 letter) or either take me to court.

What I do not get is how paypal flout the law. They can close your paypal account or freeze it for up to 6 months without even having to explain why! So if for example you was stupid enough to leave a balance of £100 or more in there for purchasing purposes or you load money onto it to use, you can have it frozen for no reason. I read about them freezing thousands of dollars worth of charity money for hurricane Katrina back in 2005. I hate having to use paypal. I have to use them for my business too because they are the cheapest option and cannot afford another company at the moment. When I do get paid subscriptions from people for my villa website, I take the money out straight away.

Any advice? Is there a body I can complain to? Maybe companies house?

Or shall I just let paypal take me to court over this because I am not being scammed. If they want to give [problematic] money then that is their choice, but not me.

As usual the DCA trolls disappear under their stones when challenged (I think they are all challenged anyway) by the law. As Mr Ton says we must really be hitting the threat monkeys where it hurts, in their wallets. They will just have to spend less on WKD at the weekends.

As usual the DCA trolls disappear under their stones when challenged (I think they are all challenged anyway) by the law. As Mr Ton says we must really be hitting the threat monkeys where it hurts, in their wallets. They will just have to spend less on WKD at the weekends.

Yea, and the people who owe money to DCA clients hide under their stones when they realise they owe money, spend less on WKD you say? gosh, someone has really ''rattled your cage'' aint they;-)

Yea, and the people who owe money to DCA clients hide under their stones when they realise they owe money, spend less on WKD you say? gosh, someone has really ''rattled your cage'' aint they;-)

Hmm,

I rattled the cage of a well known DCA today,

sad thing was,

i had a court order for £27893.00 in costs against them as they had acted unreasonably, threatened my client with all kind of nasty things (which they would never be able to do anyway)

so took clients instructions, issued proceedings, they defended but actually as they knew their position was indefensible, and we got judgment at a summary judgment hearing with costs on indemnity basis

the debt is declared unenforceable by order of the court, s142 CCA 1974 and the DCA now have to pay our client more than they paid for the debt let alone our costs

so, im more than happy for the DCAs to commit corporate suicide as it just adds to my profits

Hmm,

sad thing was,

i had a court order for £27893.00 in costs against them as they had acted unreasonably, threatened my client with all kind of nasty things (which they would never be able to do anyway)

so took clients instructions, issued proceedings, they defended but actually as they knew their position was indefensible, and we got judgment at a summary judgment hearing with costs on indemnity basis

the debt is declared unenforceable by order of the court, s142 CCA 1974

Ahhh well done sir, hate to tell you this but your claim is a little drop in the sea to be honest, DCA's collect stupid amounts of money to make up for that, and break the rules all the time to be honest, but you won't close down DCA's, they are simply too big.

Let me guess, you live tax payer as well:roll:

Ahhh well done sir, hate to tell you this but your claim is a little drop in the sea to be honest, DCA's collect stupid amounts of money to make up for that, and break the rules all the time to be honest, but you won't close down DCA's, they are simply too big.

Funny, RBS used to say the same, before they got caught out

Hmm,

sad thing was,

the debt is declared unenforceable by order of the court, s142 CCA 1974 and the DCA now have to pay our client more than they paid for the debt let alone our costs

so, im more than happy for the DCAs to commit corporate suicide as it just adds to my profits

Please feel free to rip into me as much as you like, i work for BAE systems now and i suppose consumer action group have something to say about them as well, im dammed if i do and im dammed if i dont, its like being the Prime Minister:roll:

I think NCO are a long way from commiting corporate suicide, a long, long way.

" and break the rules all the time to be honest, but you won't close down DCA's, they are simply too big."

Heard of a DCA called 1st Credit by any chance?

(The OFT have) :D

The Office of Fair Trading: OFT imposes requirements on 1st Credit over debt collection practices

Very good, but 1st credit isn't NCO is it, do you know how many times NCO have been found to be in breach of such rules? i think you will be pleasantly suprised.

Hmm,

sad thing was,

the debt is declared unenforceable by order of the court, s142 CCA 1974

Let me guess, you live tax payer as well:roll:

Maybe you should read the Dummies Guide to the forum, it shows you how to quote posts correctly,

anyway

i hate to tell you but it is not, we have a large quantity of claims on the go currently with DCAs

now sooner or later, the ratio will tip in favour of the debtor if these unscruplous companies dont get their houses in order

lets look at my case for example today

Debt £7K

Purchase price £2.4K

Cost to DCA through their own stupidity= £370000 (approx) including damages etc

so, any business will suffer if they keep losing more than they make and that is what we are doing currently with many DCAs. and BTW we are a major law firm so trust me, we WILL cause waves:wink:

Maybe you should read the Dummies Guide to the forum, it shows you how to quote posts correctly,

anyway

i hate to tell you but it is not, we have a large quantity of claims on the go currently with DCAs

now sooner or later, the ratio will tip in favour of the debtor if these unscruplous companies dont get their houses in order

lets look at my case for example today

Debt £7K

Purchase price £2.4K

Cost to DCA through their own stupidity= £370000 (approx) including damages etc

so, any business will suffer if they keep losing more than they make and that is what we are doing currently with many DCAs. and BTW we are a major law firm so trust me, we WILL cause waves:wink:

So as an expert pencil pusher can you tell me how many successful claims you have had involving NCO?

Ive got some news for you.

We wont be paying & never will be paying, unless a county court orders ortherwise.

You have no legal powers whatsoever - why cant DCA's just accept that simple fact?

We all know it costs you money to take us evil debtors to a county court so thats why you rarely go near the places.

Threatening is the only thing you can do...well guess what, the police/government/OFT/trading standards/information commissoner...everyone for that matter, is cracking down on you.

How does it feel to be such a targeted industry now like you are? ;)

#

So you basiclly borrowed the money from the bank,spent it and now you dont want to pay it back? So this is exactl why people like yourself, get phone calls and letters everyday - and it would lead to further action. Fair enough all we do is ring you every day, but by burying your head in sand wont resolve your issues :lol:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks