Parking Eye PCN and my poor father in law - advice pls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I sometimes help my in laws out with paperwork and the like.

Anyway - my Father in law is in a real state today. He received a parking charge notice from Parking Eye.

Now he is late 70s and does not understand when I say to him the difference between a parking charge notice and a penalty charge notice so he thinks he will end up with a bailiff and a tow truck who will take his car away!

The notice shows a photo of his car arriving and leaving the entrance of the car park. You cant see the driver and the best bit is he overstayed by a mere 9 minutes hence the reason for the charge - which is oooh £70!!

My gut instinct with this is to do abolsutely nothing! i could probably persuade him that it is not enforceable in the way he thinks because if I understand this correctly it is a civil matter based on contract law?

But I do know that eventually they will likely hike to price up in charges to a couple of hundred pounds and then send a solicitors letter or something like that.

I am fine with that and will happily help him but I really do not want him to pay this because frankly it is an outrage and I am mad at the way the letter scared him.

Is there a line of defence on this if it does end up at county court??

tyep in parking eye in our search top right

they lost very recently

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have had a good look through and it seems that it is all a [problem] and some poor people pay as they know no better.

I had some concern as I did see that if parking eye have details on their system you have an outstanding parking charge and you overstay somewhere else then they clamp you.

Then some one else says clamping is illegal so I am confused I mean its ok saying its illegal but you have to pay them to take it off surely then have the hassle of dealing with it afterwards!

I need to tell my F in Law to be more careful just in case x