Unicom court proceedings

Biglgh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm looking for some advice,

I recently sold my business, in which I had Unicom supply my telephone and broadband service, I sold the pub with 12 months remaining of the contract, at the time I asked them too cancell the contracts. They new owners took out new contracts, with them. I'm now being asked to pay more than my cancelation charge due too loss of my contract, but the have had a replacement contract,

Can they take money from two contract on one property?

Thank for your help in advance

you say court proceedings - i bet it says may, might, should could not WILL

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Check your credit file (DX's sig has some links) If there is nothing adverse on there, I don't think they can do anything against you.

Regarding ending a contract early, they're on shaky ground anyway. The maximum they can charge for a breach of contract is their "reasonable out of pocket expenses". The remainder of the contract is dubious, any extra is a definite no-no.

Also, how long was the minimum term of the contract? Ofcom banned 3 year contracts. There is no way they'd consider any "court action" if you were contracted for that length of time.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Their are 2 valid ways of dealing with this.

1st way. ANY debt collection activity just write and tell them you dispute the legality of the contract, as it is unfair. If they want to prove its fairness you welcome the opportunity to see them in court.

2nd way ignore them, they will eventually go away. Let them rack up a phone bill trying to phone you, waste stamps writing to you. Providing this doesn't harm your credit rating, (again get your £2 credit report from DX's signature) there is no more they can do, except threaten more debt collection activity.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 5 months later...

Hi biglgh,

I too came out of a pub in March this year after 2 and half years of a 3 year contract with unicom! I have a £344 termination charge with unicom and after emails and letters from them and Universal debt services I appear to be at a stale mate with them. Offered them 50p a month as they are at the bottom of the pile of debt I came out of the pub with but they have refused saying they will take me to court. Just wondered where you are at with them now? The last guy I spoke to this week said they wont deal with me in writing only phone and I insisted I will only deal in writing. Complete bully boys, very aggressive!

Hi AD

Check the good advice on this link that deals with Unicom's collection strategies

[edit] - please do not publicise fee paying dmp co's - dx siteteam

Edited by dx100uk
please do not publicise fee paying dmp co's - dx siteteam

Unicom and UDS are the same company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 7 months later...

Hi there i am in the very same boat after the collapse of my pub in April 2012.

I had a contract with Unicom which started in June 2011 and was told by the adviser that if anything was to go wrong with my business

it would not be a problem in canceling my contract so i was happy to take them up on there offer.

As soon as my pub went under i contacted Unicom and now have a bill for £977.16 and rising with interest every month.

This morning the 14th of March 2013 i have the third threatening letter of Court proceedings against me

With threats of Bailiffs attending my home to remove goods etc.

I gave up two months ago talking to these IDIOTS on the phone because they are so aggressive.

I wrote them a letter last month with offer of a monthly fee but no response only phoning me up to 3 times everyday and leaving messages.

I have now today sent them a letter Threatening them of Harassment and to only contact me by letter.

This company are nothing but bully's and no its my turn to get nasty. Watch this space. :mad2::mad2:

Hi biglgh,

I too came out of a pub in March this year after 2 and half years of a 3 year contract with unicom! I have a £344 termination charge with unicom and after emails and letters from them and Universal debt services I appear to be at a stale mate with them. Offered them 50p a month as they are at the bottom of the pile of debt I came out of the pub with but they have refused saying they will take me to court. Just wondered where you are at with them now? The last guy I spoke to this week said they wont deal with me in writing only phone and I insisted I will only deal in writing. Complete bully boys, very aggressive!

no bailiffs can do anything

its not been to court yet.

dca's are NOT BAIIFFS

and have no such legal powers

STOP using the phone too.

pers i'd totally ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes i know that its all to frighten you and many people fall for it. i have told them the only way i will communicate with them now is by letter and they dont like it because its all proof of what they are doing

Hi,

A little known avenue to complain about companies who are acting fraudulently, or against the public interest is the Companies Investigation Branch of the Insolvency Service. I have copied and pasted below the following 2 paragraphs from their web site.

The Insolvency Service does not only investigate the affairs of companies that are subject to insolvency proceedings. It can also investigate companies that are actively trading, or which have ceased trading without entering into insolvency proceedings, using powers of investigation under the Companies Acts. There must be reasonable grounds to suspect fraud, serious misconduct, material wrong-doing or significant irregularity in a company's affairs for us to investigate.

Investigations are fact finding in nature. They are not criminal investigations, although they may address conduct which could amount to criminal behaviour. Our approach is to take a proportionate and realistic view of issues brought to our attention, and to investigate aspects of corporate behaviour which might harm both the business community and the public generally. With this in mind we wish to know about the activities of any company which appears to be causing significant harm to consumers, trade suppliers, service providers, investors etc., who have had dealings with it. Also where there is any strong indication of serious misconduct in the management or affairs of a company.

If you feel that Unicom are being overly aggressive with their debt collection strategies, it might be worth contacting the Investigation Branch of the IS for advice.