Cabot/morgan Claimform fast track - old Cap1 Card Debt

simongee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So my Allocation Questionnaire form submitted with draft order for directions to both the court and a copy sent to Morgan's Solicitors before the deadline date.

On the weekend, I received a copy of Morgan's completed N150 form too. Absolutely nothing in it whatsoever other than the fact that they have listed an 'Ajay Mitha' as the Witness name. They have left the Other information area blank. Is there anything I should be preparing for the case right now? Does anyone know anything about Ajay Mitha?

All help/advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

• 2 months later...

I wonder whether you can advise/help me.

I am fighting a claim by Cabot Financial and my case has been allocated to the fast track (despite the value being in excess of £10,000) for May 2012.

In the notice of allocation to the fast track, the judge orders that myself and the other parties prepare for trial as follows:

1. Allocation to Fast Track.

2. Standard disclosure by lists together with copies of the documents relied upon by each party by 12 January 2012.

3.Any requests for inspection of documents by 19 January 2012

4. Simultaneous exchange of witness statements by 23 February 2012

5. Listing questionnaires (Pre-Trial Checklists) by 3rd May 2012

At this stage, I am focused on Points 2 & 3 above. When I completed the allocation questionnaire I listed Draft Order for Directions. Can anyone advise me what I need to send to the court, in particular by their deadlines of 12th January 2012 & 19th January 2012?

I really appreciate your help and advice.

Kind regards

simongee

Hi rebel11

Thanks for replying so promptly.

There isn't a PPI situation with this unfortunately. Not sure about penalty charges - probably have had some in the past. I can have a look at the old statements.

simongee

Hi Ford.

Yes it is.

I attach some information from a letter sent to Morgan's Solicitors that they didn't reply to and a copy of my Draft Order For Directions on the Allocation Questionnaire.

Any help really appreciated as I need to write to the Court for 12 Jan.

Simongee

Morgan Solicitors Page 1.jpg

Allocation Questionnaire page 2.jpg

Allocation Questionnaire Page 1.jpg

Morgan's Page 2.jpg

Fast Track.jpg

maybe get this merged/continued into that thread with a bump, so anyone posting knows the background straight off. andyorch etc were on your thread? so hopefully they'll look in also

Edited by Ford

simon

attachments too small to read

in the meantime have a look at civil procedure rule part 31 and associated practice direction for eg. you'll need to do a list of any docs in your possession whch you rely on etc to send to them in time. and when in receipt of their list make a request to inspect, if required, by the given date.

Edited by Ford

Hi Simon

Your uploads are to small too decipher.You will have to reload or type out the Allocation Notice/Directions and dates verbatim.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ok Simon

Standard directions for FT. Firstly your disclosure download here :-

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n265(cc)_1005.pdf and complete with the relevant documents that you have referred/relied upon.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Next you will have to prepare your WS and exchange simultaneously with the Claimant by the dates stated.

Andy

Hi Andy

So firstly I need to complete that qustionnaire and send it into the court with copies of my letter to morgan's and also a copy of the Draft Order of Directions. Is there anything else I need to fill in and return to the court by 12 Jan? A lot of the form asks whether I have found certain documents, etc...

There is really only one section for you (defendant) to complete, section A after signature.Its more for the Claimant as your disclosure will be limited.

You forward this to the claimant not Court and then await which documents they wish to see (if any) and visa versa any they list that you would like to see.

This exchange happens as per the Allocation dates.

Andy

What would I write in that section A and what would I send copies of?

I really appreciate your comments on this.

Anything of use or damage to their claim.Anything you have referred to in your defence and are reliant upon. (not Directions ) as I would assume you would have already served a copy with your AQ to the Claimant.

Andy

Andy

I have printed off the N265(CC) Standard Disclosure Form to be completed today and sent registered to the court for receipt tomorrow as per your suggestion in your most recent thread.

I have to say I am very confused. My case is based upon the fact that until receipt of court action, I had not received any documentation from Cabots or Morgan's Solicitors prior to that date, nor been advised by Capital One that they had assigned their debt to them. I sent Morgan's Solicitors a letter requesting they forward me copies of the deed of assignment, bill of sale, notice of assignment, notice of any changes to the T&Cs of the original agreement, monthly statements, 2 notice of arrears, default notice and letter of impending legal action however they didn't reply.

With the form you attached to the thread, do I fill out all sections? Your comments about 3A is a little confusing as I do not have any documents to send in unless you are referring to a copy of the letter in the upload I sent dated 3 October 2011 to Morgan Solicitors.

Sorry if I am being thick but I could really use a little more detailed help if you have time.

Kind regards

Simon

Andy

I have found a slightly more straight forward N265 form to complete:

http://www.oup.com/uk/orc/bin/9780199609369/01student/case_docs/andrew/andrew_n265_ch17.pdf

With regard to the 'Standard disclosure by lists together with copies of the documents relied upon by each party by 12th January 2012', I'm not 100% sure I actually need to send anything in other than signing it.

With regard to 'any requests for inspection of documents by 19th January 2012', I presume that is when I request copies of deed of assignment, bill of sale, notice of any changes, etc...

Would you agree with this and is this slightly easier to navigate form OK to use?

Finally would I send copies to both the court office and to the Claimant or just the court?

Thanks

Simon

Andy

I have found a slightly more straight forward N265 form to complete:

http://www.oup.com/uk/orc/bin/9780199609369/01student/case_docs/andrew/andrew_n265_ch17.pdf

With regard to the 'Standard disclosure by lists together with copies of the documents relied upon by each party by 12th January 2012', I'm not 100% sure I actually need to send anything in other than signing it.Then just sign it and type nothing to disclose.

With regard to 'any requests for inspection of documents by 19th January 2012', I presume that is when I request copies of deed of assignment, bill of sale, notice of any changes, etc... Only if they list them on theirs

Would you agree with this and is this slightly easier to navigate form OK to use? yes whichever

Finally would I send copies to both the court office and to the Claimant or just the court? Just the Claimant standard disclosure is between you and the Claimant

Thanks

Simon

Andy

Alex

Thank you for your comments and advice. I have completed the N265 disclosure form and posted for next day delivery to Morgan's Solicitors. If I receive their N265 form and correspondence I will advise you immediately.

Simon

Alex ????:???:

Thank you for your comments and advice. I have completed the N265 disclosure form and posted for next day delivery to Morgan's Solicitors. If I receive their N265 form and correspondence I will advise you immediately. If you don't report it to the Case Manager.

Simon

Andy