• Tweets

• Honestly you are all amazing on this site, thank you so much for your help and time. ill keep an eye out and only return when i receive a claim letter for sure also, i updated my address with amex and tsb before i even missed payments. the initial address was my family home but i dont reside there. to avoid a bombardment of letters there i have now updated my address, will they send all threats etc to the new address? Or old address?   do you reccomend i send both tsb and amex my update in address via a letter?
    • Your point 4 deals with that and puts them to strict proof .....but realistically they are not in a position to state that within their particulars they were not the creditor at the time of default but naturally assume the OC would have...so always worth challenging and if you get a DJ who knows his onions on the day may ask for further evidence from the OC internal accounts system. 
    • I see, shame, I think if a claim is 'someone was served' then proof of that should be mandatory. Appreciate your input into the WS whenever you get chance, thanks in advance
    • Paper trail off the original creditor often confirms the default and issue of a notice...not having or being able to disclose the actual copy or being able to produce a copy less so. Creditors are not compelled to keep copies of the actual default notice so you will in most cases get a reconstituted version but must contain accurate figures/dates/format.     .    
    • Including Default Notice Andy? Ok, I think this is the best I can do.. it all makes sense with references to their WS. They have included exhibits that dates don't match the WS about them, small but still.. if you're going to reference letters giving dates, then the exhibits should be correct, no? I know I redacted them too much, but one of the dates differs to the WS by a few months. IN THE ******** County Court Claim No. [***] BETWEEN: LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L CLAIMANT AND [***] DEFENDANT ************ _________________________ ________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF [***] _________________________ ________ I, [***], being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim. 1. I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much-reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimant’s witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 2. The Claim relates to an alleged Credit Card agreement between the Defendant and Bank of Scotland plc. Save insofar of any admittance it is accepted that the Defendant has had contractual agreements with Bank of Scotland plc in the past, the Defendant is unaware as to what alleged debt the Claimant refers. 3. The Defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 24/12/2022 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order, to which the defendant received a reply from the Claimant dated 06/02/2023. To this date, the Claimant has failed to disclose a valid agreement and proof as per their claim that this is enforceable, that Default Notice and Notice of Assignment were sent to and received by the Defendant, on which their claim relies. The Claimant is put to strict proof to verify and confirm that the exhibit *** is a true copy of the agreement and are the true Terms and Conditions as issued at the time of inception of the online application and execution of the agreement. 4. Point 3 is noted. The Claimant pleads that a default notice has been served upon the defendant as evidenced by Exhibit [***]. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 5. Point 6 is noted and disputed. The Defendant cannot recall ever having received the notice of assignment as evidenced in the exhibit marked ***. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 6. Point 11 is noted and disputed. See 3. 7. Point 12 is noted, the Defendant doesn’t recall receiving contact where documentation is provided as per the Claimants obligations under CCA. In addition, the Claimant pleads letters were sent on dates given, yet those are not the letters evidenced in their exhibits *** 8. Point 13 is noted and denied. Claimant is put to strict proof to prove allegations. 9. The Claimant did not provide a true copy of the CCA in response to the Defendants request of 24/12/2022. The Claimant further claims that the documents are sufficient to pursue a Judgement and are therefore copies of original documents in their possession. Conclusion 10. Without the Claimant providing a valid true copy of the executed Credit agreement that complies with the CCA, the Claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt. 11. The Defendant was not given ample evidence to prove the debt and therefore was not required to enter settlement negotiations. Should the debt be proved in the future, the Defendant is willing to enter such negotiations with the Claimant. On receipt of this claim I could not recall the precise details of the agreement or any debt and sought clarity from the claimant by way of a Section 78 request. The Claimant failed to comply. I can only assume as this was due to the Claimant not having any enforceable documentation and issuing a claim in hope of an undefended default judgment.   Statement of Truth I, ********, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in it’s truth. Signed: _________________________ _______ Dated: _____________________
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sainsburys out of date food

Kerrie78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I always do my weekly shop at Sainsburys but I thnk that may be about to change.

3 times out of the last 4 weeks I have had an out of date product.

The first time it was 2 joints of pork. Both were in date and stored in the fridge until we came to use them, upon opening the packet they smelt awful so ended up in the bin.

The week after I defrosted some chicken fillets ready for tea, got the Spanish chicken sauce out of the cupboard and that too was out of date. It was Sept 6th and the sauce was out of date end of Aug so that went in the bin aswell. I know it wasn't much out of date but we don't eat anything like that once the date has passed.

Last week I came to make some ready brek for my baby girl and I opened the box, then spotted the date. Best before July 06! 2 months out of date. That was the final straw, luckily I had the receipt so I took it back but the girl did not even apologise. She said i could have my refund of £1.85 and she would get the guy off the section to look at it.

I think the stock rotation system seriously needs looking at. Such a big supermarket should not be selling stuff that is 2 months out of date.

I know I should probably check the dates myself but getting round the supermarket with the kids in tow is bad enough without having to scrutinise each item!

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

No excuse for Sainsbury's, but you would save yourself a lot of money if you didn't fall for the "sell-by date" ploy, especially when it comes to packet/tinned/dry stuff!

The sell-by date was introduced to stop unscrupulous retailers/manufacturers stocking stuff for years on end. It is NOT an indication that the stuff is not fit for consumption.

It is a SELL-by date, not CONSUME-by.

TBH, even when it comes to fresh food, you should trust your nose, not the date on it. Chicken don't come with a eat-by date naturally tattooed on their backsides.

It makes us wonder how our species managed to survive for millenia...:rolleyes:

It amuses me when fruit & veg have sell by dates on. It's pretty easy to tell if an orange or a potato is no good (it's mouldy or green and sprouting!). I love buying reduced fruit! My best buy was a big punnet of kiwis for 20p that weren't ripe for another three weeks...

I also go a couple of days with meat/fish/chicken - as Bookworm says, you can really easily tell when they're not fit for consumption.

I agree to an extent, but when it comes to stinking pork which you can smell as soon as you open the packet you know it's bad.

The sauce I could probably have eaten yes but I have a picky husband. But the ready brek was for our baby and I take absolutely no chances with her. It wasn't a sell by date that was on it. It was best before, so it's obviously 'best' eaten before the date has expired, not 2 months after it.

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

:D My sell by date passed years ago..Bu Im Still here..:D

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

IBut the ready brek was for our baby and I take absolutely no chances with her. It wasn't a sell by date that was on it. It was best before, so it's obviously 'best' eaten before the date has expired, not 2 months after it.

Your baby will be eating mud, her own bogeys, and far worse things than slightly out of date porridge very soon, if she isn't yet, lol.

Picky husband? Honey, don't tell him, he won't know! :-D

Guest littlesally

Sell by date is a legal requiremen to remove on that date. It usually means eat within a day - Best before date is a suggestion, shops do not have to remove product from the shelf as it is perfectly safe to eat.

When complaining, it is better to complain to head office, as they are more concerned about their reputation than people on the shop floor and will probably send you £20 voucher.

I worked in a shop and frankly was not bothered about Best Before Date at all.

Your baby will be eating mud, her own bogeys, and far worse things than slightly out of date porridge very soon, if she isn't yet, lol.

Picky husband? Honey, don't tell him, he won't know! :-D

Ahhh you Mean McDonalds Burgers ?...lol:D

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

I always check the dates of stuff like meat, milk etc before I buy it....

Halifax

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 30/1/2007

Prelim letter sent asking for total of 1571.52 - 15/3/2007

LBA sent 30/3/2007

court papers filed

Offer letter received - £1495.13

Guest littlesally

I do too, having worked in a shop I know better than not to. Always take from the back!

Milk goes off before it's use by date.

yeah, I worked in both Sainsburys and Asda so I always take from the back and check dates of things that could be dodgy.....and I dont buy fresh chicken from asda anymore cos I've just had too many bad packs of it!

Halifax

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 30/1/2007

Prelim letter sent asking for total of 1571.52 - 15/3/2007

LBA sent 30/3/2007

court papers filed

Offer letter received - £1495.13

If it's a well known brand contact the company the tins, cartons, bottles and bags in most cases have a customer service line. Tell them what the problems is, be nice and don't raise your voice.

Have the details that you will find on the product, it's usually around the barcode or on the bottom, and the place you got it from.

In most cases they will send you vouchers to buy products from their range. I've done this a few times, and I've always found that they are grateful to you for letting them know.

I went into Sainsburys once with some rotten fruit that I had bought the day before. The staff member took it off me, it was still in the original packing. Looked at it and said "You should have looked after it better","That's why it's gone off". I pointed out that it had not been removed from their packaging and it had been kept over night if a fridge. She grunted and walked off saying she would get me a refund.

All I can say was she was sadly lacking in people skills.

I haven't shopped there very much since. Give me M&S Food Hall any time.

If you get food that's off and the company will not listen, Trading Standards and Public Health will, and they have the power to shut them down.

• 4 weeks later...

I frequently find, especially at my local Sainsbugs or Co-Op, that the best time to go in is mid/late-afternoon. With bread and milk especially, it's that day's delivery that's on the shelf and not the "left-overs from the day before" that you find in the mornings.

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

I had an experience in Asda, whereby the vacuum packed cheese I bought had a sell by date of 2 months ahead. The packaging had a hole in it somewhere causing the cheese to go mouldy. Of course by now I no longer had a reciept but the Customer Service desk in store willingly refunded the money and I got a new one free as well. No relevance but thought i'd share it with you all ;-)

In Insurance, thinking "It wont happen to me" could mean you dont have the cover you want at a time when you want it! - Dont always reject a Courtesy Car or Legal because you find the cost too much! Whats more valuable? YOU or the Policy Premium?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add to my reputation if my reply was informative to you. (click the scales);) Replies offered by me are not linked to anyone, and is from my own personal experience.:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Yep - I have to say my experience iwth ASDA is the same, a problem is usually resolved immediately with an apology, a refund, a £2 gift card for my inconvenience and (occasionally) a replacement pack of the same item without charege. As to Sainsbury't a lot of the customer policy is decided at shop level with managers deciding how to handle a particular problem, but since Asda was usually cheaper, I stopped going there!

• 10 months later...

ha thats a thought! go to a refund and replace supermarket, scan all the aisles for damaged food, buy it, then return it! all your items replaced for free and a refund for them all also!!! lol (this is intended as a joke)

My biggest gripe is when shops cover up the use by date (and I once spotted a staff member actually changing one)- criminal! My local Tescos hate it when I come in because I will have a go at them if I come across anything which should not be on sale.

The thing to remember about durability markings is that

best before is an indication that the quality may not be as good as it could be, but the product is not necessarily harmful. Products can be sold after the best before date has expired, but an offence may be committed if the food is not of the nature, substance or quality demanded. The exception is eggs which must not be sold within seven days of the best before date (to do so is an offence).

Use by dates indicate that the food may pose a health hazard if consumed after the date indicated, and will be found on products such as fresh meat. It is a criminal offence to sell (includes exposing, having or offering for sale) food past its use by date.