spoof Photoshoot - won a competition - DCA now chancing

burmafriday
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All,

thanks so much for all your support.

sorry i have not been able to come on line as my PC went down.

i am taking all the advice you have given me.

The DCA are still sending threathening letters and a final notice etc.

I am ignoring their letters but would it make sense to write back to them and

say that we do not agree and that there is no debt. - which I had already done ?

They are also phoning the house but I have not taken their calls.

thanks again to all. A

thanks/BF

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

continue to ignore everything

we are working on it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they are now phoning you, you can send them this letter, still trying to find the disputed template

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Seanamarts, Hi DX

sorry for the delay in posting the letters but finally - here they are.

It occurred to me whilst posting these letters from DCA that they are all pretty standard. one of two of their letters do not even include the our names.

its been ongoing since 2008 and they hv basically been writing once a month - and gave a 14 day notice a couple of times.

i wrote to them a couple of times, denying the agreement and debt.

Anyway, in case we forget, the Studio London, the client of DCA is actually in Liquidation. i do not know if they have been liquidated as yet. I have asked companies house to confirm but i have not received their reply for some reason and will chase it up tmrw.

BTW - i can only attac 5 dox per post. So if these are not enough i will attach some more in a new post.

Again, pl forgive my delay in posting these letters. Lets just say i had difficulty with my scanner.

Many thanks again for all your help so far.

all the best, BF

o10001E.jpg

o30001E.jpg

o50001E.jpg

o70001E.jpg

o80001E.jpg

Hi Seanamarts, Hi DX

sorry for the delay in posting the letters but finally - here they are.

It occurred to me whilst posting these letters from DCA that they are all pretty standard. one of two of their letters do not even include the our names.

its been ongoing since 2008 and they hv basically been writing once a month - and gave a 14 day notice a couple of times.

i wrote to them a couple of times, denying the agreement and debt.

Anyway, in case we forget, the Studio London, the client of DCA is actually in Liquidation. i do not know if they have been liquidated as yet. I have asked companies house to confirm but i have not received their reply for some reason and will chase it up tmrw.

Again, pl forgive my delay in posting these letters. Lets just say i had difficulty with my scanner.

Many thanks again for all your help so far.

all the best, BF

as advised in the guide

you need to convert them to pdf

and blockout pers details

cant read postage stamps

dx

and they

hi every one

my sincere apologies for taking so long to post these dox. Blame it on my stupididty - its quicker and very precise!

I went out and bought a new all in one unit and then Scan/rub out and Scan again to post. so there u go.

thanks/BF

Hi All,

Well i had another call from the DCA today but i did not speak with them as i had written to them as suggested by Seanamarts. May be they did not receive my letter....

Are there any comments or views on the letters i posted - anything would be welcome. I am just sitting tight. Will advise if i hear any thing more.

Merry Christmas to all and thank you very much for all the support.

All the best/BF

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

i hope you had a great Christmas.

I had another letter today from the DCA.

Basically it says:

Notice of Debt recovery

Outstanding balance :

Dear Sir/madam

You should be aware that your account is now with the Debt recovery department. We have confirmed your residency at the above address, yet have still received no response to previous reminders.

Our Client has advised that this balance has been outstanding for a considerable length of time , therefore needs to be dealt with as a matter of urgency.

please contact us on....

thats it.

Its just a reminder. i am ignoring it.

Would you all agree that they are not going to do anything significant and i should just keep ignoring the letters?

I think if they were going to do anything, they would have done it by now.

I like to wish you all a very Happy New Year and thank you all again for all your help and support.

All the best. BF

yep well read

its just a std PC produced automated letter

designed to frighten you or designed to make you contact them

no human is involved

std phishing trip

have a good xmas

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Happy New Year, dx and Seanamarts. thanks for yr msg. dx. sorry i took a few days off.

We recevied yet another letter, this time addressed to my daughter.

it says that we have failed to give a valid reason for not paying the outstanding balance and gave a number to contact them.

but it added that if we fail to contact them within 14 days they will pass our account to their doorstep collection partner which will involve a visit to our address.

i saw (in another thread in CAG) a template letter regarding doorstep callers

"...should it be your intention to make another “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you. ..."

may be I should send them a letter like this. What do you think?

thanks/BF

just anotherletter designed to gain a response

you know what to say if they do come dont you!

dx

and they

Hi burmafriday

Ive had a call from these people because I supposedly won one of their photo shoot.

I asked them how I had won, they couldnt tell me, apparently I was put into a competition and My name was drawn.

Well thats funny, as I know how I won, the day before I added my details on the site, the competition had expired by the 31st of January.

I asked a few questions.

How much is this going to cost me...... The whole photo shoot is free, you only pay for the photos that you have chosen and printed. You also have a choice of having them on disc at no extra cost in case you wish to have other photos printed at a later date. The disc with come in a presentation box.

Do I have to pay a booking fee..... yes the booking fee is £50, however you get this refunded to you when you turn up for the shoot.

How much are the photos... £20 each.

What if I cancel the shoot.... you will lose the booking fee and would have to pay £150 to cover costs of the photographer and make up artist.

She then went on to tell me what their packages went up to... It starts of at £20 per photo and depending the size, the biggest if £80, some people pay up to £500 for their whole package. So the most you are going to pay would be £500.

I can imagine that this is the same as they told your daughter.

So how they have managed to charge her a couple of thousand pounds for this is certainly not what they had sad to me.

Looks to be as if she has not had this experience done for free, but has had to pay for the photo shoot as well, plus make up artist.

I would not only write to the company who did the photo shoot and remind them that this was a free shoot, but also write to the DCA and explain to them that they have charged her full price when this shoot should of been free as she won the photo shoot. I would also mention that you have involved the Oft and trading standards.

I declined their offer and explained that I do not give my card details over the phone to people I do not know, Also i would have to go on the times and dates they would provide.

So I basically didnt win a prize draw at all because the competition I applied for had ceased on the 31 of DEC. I maybe writing to OFT and Trading standards myself over this.

Im afraid you daughter was diddled.

Hi Seanamarts and DX

Thanks for your fast response. gosh - you guys are definitely on the ball!

I think it would be a good idea to contact OFT - seeing as they are in liquidation and now trading again with a very simliar name, from the same premises, and same style etc. if they have the same set of directors, then I think it may be possible that we can impress the OFT to take some action against the new outfit.

I think i will write to the OFT, DTI and DCA as you suggested and try and finish this.

thanks again. All the best/BF