*************This really is a must read for everyone-shocking**************

afcwben
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Censoring my own post..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yknow what... The councils dont care. Theyre pursuing me, and theyre main bit of evidence is at i used hardly any electricity, which to them is 'proof' that i didnt live in the property i claimed i did! The decision makers have obviously never had to live in complete poverty and learn to ' make do' when i couldnt afford electricity i would keep milk in cold water in the fridge, we ate cold beans and buttered bread and biscuits for tea cos we couldnt warm through any food. A dear friend did my laundry for me and let us bathe and shower there, as did my boyfriend. Yet they have said i mustve Not lived there. Its a disgrace! I have done nothing wrong yet theyre pushing me to the brink, ihave provided medical records to prove my hhigh anxiety and previous suicide attempt, which wasnt just a cry for help, i took substantial medication that couldve easily killed me. Yet theydont care, they just want there money back..... To councils all that matter is money!

it is becoming more and more apparent the heart of our society is being ripped out, there may be protests about student fees, complaints about interest rates, and a variety of wrongs, but here we have a destructive cancer that threatens the well being of our society. This must stop!!!!!!!!!!!

In expect the powers that be, will just think 'two' less on benefits.

Six miles they walked to a soup kitchen.

What have we become, when we cannot look after our own when we fall on difficult times.

What a sad way to leave this World, knowing it has failed you.

Makes you realise, there for the grace of God (at the moment) as I have no family to turn to, for help.

RIP.

Lilly

People should automatically be given the benefits they are entitled to, that would avoid things like this happening. To many people are suffering because they are either to proud to, can't fill out the complicated forms, or do not know what they are entitled to.

I suppose the trouble there is it would probably cost them a lot more than fraud does, so they let it happen. All those people who know someone who gets "something for nothing" probably knows 2 people who are not getting what they are entitled to. Instead of a fraud Line how about an entitled to line, where people report those who are in need because they do not get all they are entitled to.

I may see many people who are not working who may (or may not) be fiddling the system, but I can't be sure, BUT I can be sure I know of people who are not getting what they are entitled to. Its all very well the government saying the info is out there, but it is not in the places those who miss out go.

Edited by count orlok

Given that millions goes under claimed each year, (therefore, not just a few people on the wrong benefits) I don't understand why it's not publicised unlike fraud is. It seems that unless you know stuff about the benefits system, know someone who does or know where to get help, (internet, CAB, etc) you're stuck.

Given that millions goes under claimed each year, (therefore, not just a few people on the wrong benefits) I don't understand why it's not publicised unlike fraud is.

Quite simple really, they're saving the millions that go unclaimed, whereas fraud costs money that could otherwise go to cutting the 50p tax rate...... whoops, I mean to the people that really deserve it; like all those that do not claim/know what they should be getting.