Mass of payday debt, any advice welcomed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please contact us urgently on X. Regards Payday Express."

They've now supplied me with a freephone number though...

Only call them if you can record the call. You do 'not' have to tell them you are recording the call.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only call them if you can record the call. You do 'not' have to tell them you are recording the call.

I'm not getting anywhere with emails, so I think I may have to call. I keep saying that, but keep putting it off and trying emails.

I think there's the option to record on my phone, will investigate and trial run when I next call someone. If not I have a dictafone somewhere from my uni days.

Chaos, do you have a named contact at WDA ? I dealt with a guy called stephen jones. He was a bit hard to start with ( guess thats his job ) but eventually agreed what I wanted after explaining my circumstances and submitting their I&E but to be reviewed in 3 months. try going directly to him.

Repayment plans now sent to all creditors.

WDA, got the email asking for a bank statement to go with my I&E. Not replied yet, I sent a basic I&E when I sent my repayment plan.

PDE, no reply :-(

Speed, got this email from their legal department:

"We have made a number of attempts to contact you by email and SMS to discuss the outstanding balance on the short-term loan you took out on 23.10.11 and you have made no effort to resolve these enquiries satisfactorily.

We have also warned you in advance of additional charges you have incurred.

As we make clear to all our customers our product is intended to be a short term financial solution. If the loan is extended this product can become expensive.

As we have not heard from you and not received payment we have been left with no alternative and are writing to advise you that this debt will be passed on to our Debt Collections Agency in the next 24 hours.

As per the terms of the contract between Speed Credit and yourself (see http://www.speedcredit.co.uk/terms.html) instructing the Debt Collections Team will add a further GBP 150 to the balance you owe. Debt recovery agents will call at the addresses we have on file for you until they are able to successfully collect the sums you owe. If our debt recovery agents, after a reasonable attempt at the addresses on file, cannot successfully recover the monies owed by you, we will issue a claim against you in the County Court for the outstanding balance plus the further charges and recovery costs that have been incurred.

You should be aware that a County Court Judgement against your name will remain for 6 years on the National Credit Records (NCR) accessed by employers, insurers and banks and may result in:-

a) difficulties in obtaining future credit

b) any current employers being informed so an application against your earnings can be issued

c) difficulty in securing future employment due to an adverse credit history and credit score

d) difficulties in obtaining a mortgage

e) being questioned at a County Court as to your financial circumstances

f) a Warrant of Execution and bailiffs being instructed

We will apply for a County Court Judgement followed by a Warrant of Execution and a Bailiff order to seize goods from your addresses to be issued simultaneously to the County Court Judgement. This Warrant authorises Certificated Bailiffs to seize goods at the addresses held on file for you (including what may be your family home). These goods will be taken and put up for sale at public auction until the total amount you owe is satisfied.

The initial cost of issuing a County Court Judgement is GBP 45, this will be charged to your account on the date of issue. The further court costs including solicitors time, application for a Warrant of Execution and the appointment of Bailiffs will also be added to what you owe.

As you can see this will ultimately cost you a great deal more if you do not deal with this matter now.

It will also cause you a great deal of difficulty for many years to come.

We strongly recommend that you settle this amount immediately to limit further costs, preserve your credit rating and your ability to gain full time employment.

Please immediately pay 359 by either:

1) Paying online by visiting http://www.speedcredit.co.uk and clicking Pay Now;

or

2) Make a bank transfer for GBP 359 to:

Barclays Bank

Account number 93462382

Sort code 20-50-94

Ref: Use your mobile number as a reference so we can match it correctly

ALSO please EMAIL us confirming that this has been done to stop the debt being passed to the Debt Collection Team and further charges being incurred.

If you ignore this and our debt recovery agency is instructed it will be a short matter of time before the CCJ is issued and Bailiffs are instructed to seize goods."

I forwarded them proof that I have contacted them but am yet to receive an adequate response. I resent the email where I quoted OFT guidelines. I have also questioned where they say the debt will be passed on within 24 hours

Repayment plans now sent to all creditors.

WDA, got the email asking for a bank statement to go with my I&E. Not replied yet, I sent a basic I&E when I sent my repayment plan.

PDE, no reply :-(

Speed, got this email from their legal department:

"We have made a number of attempts to contact you by email and SMS to discuss the outstanding balance on the short-term loan you took out on 23.10.11 and you have made no effort to resolve these enquiries satisfactorily.

We have also warned you in advance of additional charges you have incurred.

As we make clear to all our customers our product is intended to be a short term financial solution. If the loan is extended this product can become expensive.

As we have not heard from you and not received payment we have been left with no alternative and are writing to advise you that this debt will be passed on to our Debt Collections Agency in the next 24 hours.

As per the terms of the contract between Speed Credit and yourself (see http://www.speedcredit.co.uk/terms.html) instructing the Debt Collections Team will add a further GBP 150 to the balance you owe. Debt recovery agents will call at the addresses we have on file for you until they are able to successfully collect the sums you owe. If our debt recovery agents, after a reasonable attempt at the addresses on file, cannot successfully recover the monies owed by you, we will issue a claim against you in the County Court for the outstanding balance plus the further charges and recovery costs that have been incurred.

You should be aware that a County Court Judgement against your name will remain for 6 years on the National Credit Records (NCR) accessed by employers, insurers and banks and may result in:-

a) difficulties in obtaining future credit

b) any current employers being informed so an application against your earnings can be issued

c) difficulty in securing future employment due to an adverse credit history and credit score

d) difficulties in obtaining a mortgage

e) being questioned at a County Court as to your financial circumstances

f) a Warrant of Execution and bailiffs being instructed

We will apply for a County Court Judgement followed by a Warrant of Execution and a Bailiff order to seize goods from your addresses to be issued simultaneously to the County Court Judgement. This Warrant authorises Certificated Bailiffs to seize goods at the addresses held on file for you (including what may be your family home). These goods will be taken and put up for sale at public auction until the total amount you owe is satisfied.

The initial cost of issuing a County Court Judgement is GBP 45, this will be charged to your account on the date of issue. The further court costs including solicitors time, application for a Warrant of Execution and the appointment of Bailiffs will also be added to what you owe.

As you can see this will ultimately cost you a great deal more if you do not deal with this matter now.

It will also cause you a great deal of difficulty for many years to come.

We strongly recommend that you settle this amount immediately to limit further costs, preserve your credit rating and your ability to gain full time employment.

Please immediately pay 359 by either:

1) Paying online by visiting http://www.speedcredit.co.uk and clicking Pay Now;

or

2) Make a bank transfer for GBP 359 to:

Barclays Bank

Account number 93462382

Sort code 20-50-94

Ref: Use your mobile number as a reference so we can match it correctly

ALSO please EMAIL us confirming that this has been done to stop the debt being passed to the Debt Collection Team and further charges being incurred.

If you ignore this and our debt recovery agency is instructed it will be a short matter of time before the CCJ is issued and Bailiffs are instructed to seize goods."

I forwarded them proof that I have contacted them but am yet to receive an adequate response. I resent the email where I quoted OFT guidelines. I have also questioned where they say the debt will be passed on within 24 hours. The numerous texts they've sent state I have til 4th to repay before they add more fees and pass the debt on! :-S

Chaos, whils that email does not sound very nice, I would not get overly concerned about it, in fact I would report it especially this bit...

Debt recovery agents will call at the addresses we have on file for you until they are able to successfully collect the sums you owe. If our debt recovery agents

I would send them the doorstop collection letter, recorded delivery, with copies of all of the emails you have sent them to prove you have made attempts to contact them.

Chaos,

Had a thought for you earlier - with PDE can you try their Trade Association, let them know your having problems communicating with it being x amount of days/weeks waiting now - unfortunately their members and John Laimdey can ask them to contact you I'd give it a go

Consumer Finance Association

www.cfa-uk.co.uk/

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Chaos,

Had a thought for you earlier - with PDE can you try their Trade Association, let them know your having problems communicating with it being x amount of days/weeks waiting now - unfortunately their members and John Laimdey can ask them to contact you I'd give it a go

Consumer Finance Association

www.cfa-uk.co.uk/

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Okay, so despite getting a new card, cancelling the direct debit, and there only being £10 in my account, Lloyds TSB have set up an unplanned overdraft and allowed Wageday Advance to take money from my account. I'm now £300 overdrawn until I get paid Monday :-(

When I get paid I'll have just enough money for rent, council tax and the 2 pdl's I've set up repayment plans with, but after that I have practically nothing left.

Not sure where to go from here... :-(

Get in touch with MP Stella Creasey, she is actively doing something about these companies and needs your emails as evidence, that email sent to you was way out of line, they cannot automatically inform your employer you have a CCJ as they can only get an attachment of earnings if you fail to pay the CCJ, and they are a long way off that at the moment (although I do have a recent case where the PDL company went to Moneyclaims online the day after somebody cancelled their debit card)...

Get in touch with her as soon as possible and she can possibly get strings pulled and get these sharks off your back.

You need to tackle the bank about the overdraft as well as you have a clear case for Hardship...

notice of appropriation letter?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've looked into them, are they actually any good?

What's one of those? Sorry!

click on the link of appropriation? handcuffs?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Stella Creasey's phone no is 02085211223

Personally I wouldn't use Payplan, do it yourself, the debt management companies won't help you reclaim charges, challenge fees and other things you can do yourself.

Also a lot of the PDL companies claim that their terms and conditions do not allow you to enter a debt management plan and by doing so they can go straight to court.

Get that email over to the OFT, it is way outside the guidelines in debt collecting and must be reported.

click on the link of appropriation? handcuffs?

dx

Sorry, I didn't realise. I'm using my phone and it doesn't open a link. Will see if one comes up when I can get on a computer.

Get that email over to the OFT, it is way outside the guidelines in debt collecting and must be reported.

Thanks Sillygirl, I received 2 emails, and got both as letters in the post too. Both breaking OFT guidelines, which I asked them about, and both contradicting each other which I also contested. One said they were handing the debt over in 24 hours, and one said I had til 4th to pay before they passed it on.

and then whatever is left they will split between all your creditors.

I've already got 2 repayment plans sorted, do they need ALL the creditors or just the one's I need help with?

Communication with the remaining PDL companies is underway now they are due and my card has declined. Will update if any progress is made.

Speed credit-

£349 was due yesterday, which I couldn't pay as I got paid today. I've had 4 contradicting emails and texts.

One says I can extend the loan if I pay £144 today.

One says I can extend if I pay £192 today.

Had two from someone called Greg at NDR, one says they've added interest and I owe £407, and one sent 10 mins after says they've added all the solicitors fees etc and I owe £700+.

What the hell?! Seen as they've been ignoring all my emails (and claiming I'm ignoring them!) I'm half tempted to call (I can record) to say I would repay something if I knew what exactly I owe! This company are an absolute joke!

Also set up standing orders this weekend for Wonga and Txt loan to go out today, but both have contacted me to say they've not received payment?? I think a trip to the bank will resolve that one.

standing orders are safe its like direct debits

yes its safe standing orders they cannot touch ur money if you cancel the so

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Buying laptops with advice etc

ISP Moderator and chat room helper for chats

Aviationist and train advice

Credit references and bank helper advice

Loss Protection (civil recovery)

I know standing orders are safe, that's why I agreed to only pay back my repayment plan using a standing order. But as I only set them up yesterday the money hasn't been sent yet.

What I'm asking is if I use Wonga's automated payment line is it safe? They're not gonna raid my account are they? Or is there another method I can use without giving Wonga or Txtloan my new card details? Would a bank transfer work, or making a payment using internet banking?