• Tweets

• Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
    • well post it here as a text in a the msg reply half of it is blanked out. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What if a bank tells u to close your account after u get sent an agreement with no prescribed terms? You think the FOS will fine them?

Hi

Are you referring to a bank current account? - because that wouldn't have an 'agreement' in the sense you mean anyway.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi

Are you referring to a bank current account? - because that wouldn't have an 'agreement' in the sense you mean anyway.

Regards, Pam

hi Pam,

sorry, what i mean is if they hve sent u an agreement for a credit card which has no prescribed terms or terms and conditons with it and is therefore unenforcable and you challenge the bank - what if they then say they want to terminate ur facilities?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

The data MUST be able to be understood by the data subject & if it isn't then they are in breach of the DPA.

Write back remind them of this & tell them that if they don't comply you will report them to the ICO

Also provided you have asked you should be given true copies of ALL the agreements so mention that also is one of your requirements

If you are still paying & intend disputing the debt you should send a sec 77-79 CCA request thereby placing the debt in dispute which means that you can stop payments & the creditor cannot enforce the debt until they comply.

If after 42 days they have still not complied they being in criminal default must seek a courts permission to enforce the debt which can only be given if they produce a true properly executed agreement

JonCris, I hope you can advise with this....!

I have long been subscribed to this thread and some of you will know of my battle from my MBNA Nightmare! thread, but it has now taken a turn and I would like some advice from you clever lot, I hope you don't mind!

I have received what can only be described as a cut and shuffle from MBNA purporting to be a "true executed agreement". I didn't actually CCA MBNA but the DCA Arrow Global who are long in default and have sent me zilch, therefore they are still in default as far as I am concerned!

This document contains the following :

Mr Corn's application form. Signed by him but with a stamp across the application and declaration section by them.

What appears to be a credit card mailer with Mr Corn's name and address, card number and credit limit (this was the credit limit at time of sale, not inception). This looks like it has had stickers stuck over bits of info prior to being copied.

Cut and shuffled onto the bottom of this is "Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 terms and conditions". It has various apr's and whatnot on it.

This is followed by another full page of T&C's but at the bottom, the sticker fairy has been at work again and covered something up.

Lastly, there is a another page saying "Terms and Conditions of Use", however, this illustrates another completely different set of aprs to the previous page.

There are no signatures on any of this.

I believe that they have used constructive conjecture to cobble this thing together and it appears that other have EXACTLY the same document purporting to fulfil the CCA.

This is also the third time they have tried to "comply". The other two times they only sent the application form, so why did they not do this first....oh there are so many reasons I can't tell you!!!!:rolleyes:

As expected the DCA's sols, Eversheds, are hot on the heels of this and have sent me a lovely letter this morning..........my response will depend on advice from you.......thank you very much!:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Corn

Are you able to post up this 'offering' or have you done already in another thread?

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi Corn

Are you able to post up this 'offering' or have you done already in another thread?

Regards, Pam

Hello Pam,

Unfortunately not, but I do have a fax if anybody wants to have a look!

Regards,

Corn:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

hi Pam,

sorry, what i mean is if they hve sent u an agreement for a credit card which has no prescribed terms or terms and conditons with it and is therefore unenforcable and you challenge the bank - what if they then say they want to terminate ur facilities?

uni

First thing is - from a simplistic view - if you say you have no agreement, then you havent one so why would the bank continue to allow you to use the facilities. One thing I am interested in is what is the form of withdrawal of the facilities? ie how did they tell you - because - whilst THEY are in default they cannot make any enforcement at all!!! seems a bit peverse not to stop you using something you havent signed for and allow you to knock up more debt, but in a way it seems an acknowledgement that there is no agreement - so how did they phrase it??

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Pam,

Unfortunately not, but I do have a fax if anybody wants to have a look!

Regards,

Corn:)

Corn, as I understand they first sent you an application form and then this cobbled agreement?

I would write back and say that you believe that what you received is a reconstructed agreement which is not permitted under the original request for a true copy of the original executed agreement nor would be allowed by a county court and that they are still in default and must supply you with the true copy of your agreement.

Z

Z

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Corn, as I understand they first sent you an application form and then this cobbled agreement?

I would write back and say that you believe that what you received is a reconstructed agreement which is not permitted under the original request for a true copy of the original executed agreement nor would be allowed by a county court and that they are still in default and must supply you with the true copy of your agreement.

Z

Z

Thank you Zubo. I will remind the DCA also that they are still in default as they have sent me absolutely nothing, not even an acknowledgement.

It does make me very cross that they can do things like this and think they can get away with it. They really do treat us as if we are imbeciles. I really think I have a good case with them, aside from all the other issues like defaulting via email giving us one day to clear the account, writing and admitting they didn't follow the correct default procedure but selling nonetheless and the continual lies! Oh I could go on and on but I won't because I have already done that on my thread!:rolleyes:

I think this is the last straw for me.........I am off to put my gladiator outfit on!!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Corn,

When you write back, tell them you are fully aware of the definition of Fraud - "the production of an instrument which causes another to do or say something with a view to causing a gain" and quote these from the Theft Act 1968

17. False accounting

(1) Where a person dishonestly, with a view to gain for himself or another or with

intent to cause loss to another,-

(a) destroys, defaces, conceals or falsifies any account or any record or

document made or required for any accounting purpose; or

(b) in furnishing information for any purpose produces or makes use of any

account, or any such record or document as aforesaid, which to his knowledge is

or may be misleading, false or deceptive in a material particular;

he shall, on conviction on indictment, be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding

seven years.

(2) For purposes of this section a person who makes or concurs in making in an

account or other document an entry which is or may be misleading, false or deceptive in a

material particular, or who omits or concurs in omitting a material particular from an

account or other document, is to be treated as falsifying the account or document.

18. Liability of company officers for certain offences by company

(1) Where an offence committed by a body corporate under section 15, 16 or 17 of

this Act is proved to have been committed with the consent or connivance of any director,

manager, secretary or other similar officer of the body corporate or any person who was

purporting to act in any such capacity, he as well as the body corporate shall be guilty of

that offence, and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.

(2) Where the affairs of a body corporate are managed by its members, this section

shall apply in relation to the acts and defaults of a member in connection with his functions

of management as if he were a director of the body corporate.

and

The Fraud Act 2006

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2006/ukpga_20060035_en.pdf

The great thing is you've got the evidence you need.

Tell them you will be making a complaint to the ICO and the DTI, and you will require a copy of the original agreement to be produced in Court.

Looks like they've well and truly shot themselves in the foot.

BTW - they use post-it notes to blank out information which are removed afterwards. These leave traces on the document should it be examined - but the two will not look similar anyway.

Point out to them that the copy they have sent is not a copy of any agreement you have signed and emphasise that additional information has been added and removed since you last saw the document and that you believe additional stamps have strategically been added to cover up application etc.

Hope this helps

Tide

• Haha 1

In an earlier post i made reference to the fact sec 85 doesn't include the word "true", after reading through the Regs again all executed agreements must be a true copy.

General requirements as to form and content of copy documents

3.-(1) Subject to the following provisions of these Regulations, every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall be a true copy thereof.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

A massive thank you to you all, you wouldn't believe how comforting it is to have you lot out there! I am so grateful!

Tideturner, that information is invaluable, I will use it in my letter!

I will give you short update when I have further news or at least a link to the thread, it's a corker!

Thanks so much x :)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Paul,

I am currently looking at the Fraud Act and believe that where they cannot provide a copy of an agreement which conforms to the CCA they should hold up their hands and pay up. Anything outside of that they should face criminal proceedings.

The idea, however, is to let them know you are aware of their cock up, and the conscequences, with a view to getting them to do the right thing. If they don't do the right thing you can simply make a complaint in your local cop shop.

For the Serious Fraud Office to get involved, the fraud must be for more than £1m.

I don't think there would be a problem reaching this amount.

Tide

Hi

The following is copied from the OFT doc -

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

April 2005

OFT786a

The document was written for the purpose of answering many of the questions that lenders might have about the new regulations coming into force in May 2005 and the amendments to the CCA itself.

The passage below refers to the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations, which to my knowledge have not been changed in any way. Therefore, it is feasible to assume that what it says has always been applicable and relates to copy documents sent under all sections of the Act:

1.24 Does the copy have to be identical?

Reg 3(1) of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations requires that, subject to certain limited exceptions, any copy of an unexecuted agreement must be a ‘true copy’. This means that it must be identical to the agreement as presented or sent to the debtor for signature.

Reg 3(2) permits the exclusion from the copy agreement of:

• any information relating to the debtor, or included for the creditor’s use, which is not required by the Agreements Regulations;

• the name and address of the debtor; and

• any signature box.

Regards, Pam

on the subject of fraud, i know someone has already tried reporting the issue to the serious fraud team, and they did actually bother to write back with their 50 point check list, that seemed so specific it would be doubtful any firm would come under the catagory.

again on the subject of cops this has been tried but they didnt seem too worried that an offence had taken place really, maybe gathering evidence and passing on to the CPS may be a better option.

though of course the burden of proof in a criminal case is alot tougher, ie beyond a shadow of a doubt. Would be a great day in judicial history though :D

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

Tam you will not be surprised to know that I don't agree with the sentiment "if I owe it I'll pay it"

To hell with that. If any consumer, all of whom over the years will have been fleeced at some time by the money lenders, can legally avoid paying any debt then they certainly have my whole hearted support.

By their conduct & their avarice the banks, the credit card & finance companies no longer hold the high moral ground & are never ever to be trusted again

Jon is it ok to call you now ?

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

The Uk has been slow taking up on this story. It was announced several weeks ago in the USA and I heard about it early Februaryfrom an announcement in an IT trade journal.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Totally off topic (but thats my perogative :))

Has anyone any comments on this breaking news story

Probe call into Brown's tax move - news.uk.msn.com

Looks like financial matters are getting on top of certain people at last.

I've just had a thought. My MBNA 'agreement' states the word application three times, yet the card mailer they've concocted doesn't mention it once..... erm, how is that ever going to be a 'true copy' under s85?

I've just come back from the pub so I might be talking candyfloss....

Sorry to interrupt but this thread gets the best brains (flattery etc). Can anyone hop across to Nick and answer his question?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/78738-dca-creditor-issue-mbna.html

Ta everyone!

I just posted on it Rhia

I've just had a thought. My MBNA 'agreement' states the word application three times, yet the card mailer they've concocted doesn't mention it once..... erm, how is that ever going to be a 'true copy' under s85?

I've just come back from the pub so I might be talking candyfloss....

Hmmm the mailer shouldnt even mention an application as its supposed to be a true copy of the agreement.

If they are relying on an application form as the agreement then the mailer should be a true copy of that application as long as it's properly executed).

Oooops do I see their argument that the mailer complies with sec 85 flying out the window ?:D

In an earlier post i made reference to the fact sec 85 doesn't include the word "true", after reading through the Regs again all executed agreements must be a true copy.

General requirements as to form and content of copy documents

3.-(1) Subject to the following provisions of these Regulations, every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall be a true copy thereof.

Hi Paul

I've just re-read sections 77 & 78 and they don't say 'true' copy either, but as you have shown, the regs. that support these sections DO!

Also to reinforce what you are emphasising here please see my earlier post today about the OFT's definition of the word 'true'.

I think the creditors will no longer be able to rely on their dreamed-up interpretation of what constitutes a 'true' copy when faced with this very clear explanation of what is required for any copy provided under any section of the Act!!

That is, (although it does not appear to have to be a facsimile copy) it MUST be IDENTICAL to the actual agreement that you signed in the first place!!

So - copies of agreement templates X

copies of T&C leaflets X

copies of card mailers X

copies of cut'n'paste 'Blue Peter' collages X

copies of the Bank of England safe codes - well maybe!! :D:D

Regards, Pam

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks