Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Dave

i can just make out one perscribed term and that the interest one.

If this is all they can produce in Court surely thay cant win:confused:

trading standards MAY start proceedings

plus this is an application

patrickq1

Good point Patrick it is an application form.

Hi Dave

i can just make out one perscribed term and that the interest one.

If this is all they can produce in Court surely thay cant win:confused:

I'd have thought so too...............until Pauls case...

it seems that sometimes judges arent interested in the law...they think that we are trying to get out of our commitments. Which may be true, but we have that right if the creditors dont follow the rules. It seems as though the creditors can write their own law at times, and pretty much do as they please. Well the CCA 1974 is the check and balance to stop them.

I hope you do well out of it, but be warned Barclays WILL take it to the wire.

they also have "guests" roaming this site to see what is going on...be warned

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

I am right in thinking that the Prescribed terms MUST be on the same page as the signature aren't I?

If they are within the terms and conditions then the agreement is covered by sec 127(3)?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

I am right in thinking that the Prescribed terms MUST be on the same page as the signature aren't I?

If they are within the terms and conditions then the agreement is covered by sec 127(3)?

The regs require them to be in the same document, but not necessarily on the same page.

....and the DCA may sent these on separate sheets because thats how they receive them from the OC archives but they will need to prove that they are all contained in the same document...the only way is to show the original in court which is very doubtful and CPR 16 says

7.3 Where a claim is based upon a written agreement:

(1)a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing

Live Life-Debt Free

Apologies for intruding and for raising something taht may have already been mentioned.

As for enforcement of agreements, the stipulation that a court cannot enforce an agreement in certain circumstances has been removed - meaning that even if there is no CCA, the court could still enforce the agreement (modified or not). Is this retrospective? I know i came about as a human rights issue (to a fair trial) and just wondered if that makes any difference?

Apologies for intruding and for raising something taht may have already been mentioned.

As for enforcement of agreements, the stipulation that a court cannot enforce an agreement in certain circumstances has been removed - meaning that even if there is no CCA, the court could still enforce the agreement (modified or not). Is this retrospective? I know i came about as a human rights issue (to a fair trial) and just wondered if that makes any difference?

Only if it was signed after April 2007 before then the CCA act still stands as it was

....and the DCA may sent these on separate sheets because thats how they receive them from the OC archives but they will need to prove that they are all contained in the same document...the only way is to show the original in court which is very doubtful and CPR 16 says

(1)a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing

They do rely on the fact they issue through the Production Centre at Northampton - and CPR specifically states this rule doesn't apply to claims issued there, in that they DON'T have to attach the agreement to the POC but they DO still have to produce the original at a hearing.

They clearly rely on lesser mortals, that don't fully understand their rights and will usually cave in due to a lack of knowledge of consumer law, in the hope that they will either get Judgment by Default or Admission in cases where no agreement exists or has been provided.

This is where groups like CAG comes in, as we MUST spread the message that this SHOULDN'T be the case, and experienced claimants should be encouraged to share their experiences to provoke confidence in those less confident than themselves.

It's all under handed, but until this Government takes consumer protection seriously and acts accordingly, we're stuck with the system we have - and have to rely heavily on Judges that are far LESS experienced than some of the claimants that come before them to save our souls in the face of these unscrupulous lenders.

just recieved my cca from lloyds tsb they are threatening me with court action for £4500 the credit act i signed states credit limit of £500 as i never signed any other agreements when credit limit went up or cards were reissued will this stand up as my defence in court any help please ?

The copy they send has to be legible otherwise they do not comply

As said above, if you scan it we can start to try and help you

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Hi Barty

just looking at this - cant find it at CPR 16?

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

D'oh!

Cheers Paul

And may I 2nd Car's statement!

honestly there is no point in scanning it it is small and blurry and unreadable even being enlarged it is still a blurry mess

That being the case you need to write back and tell them they have not fulfilled their obligations

This stuff about the original being needed is not as clear cut as we might like to think, and I know of one case recently where a judge allowed enforcement on a copy document simply because the creditors swore it was a true copy of the original.

The CPRs seem to suggest that the original is needed in Court but look at Section 8 of the Civil Evidence Act 1995:

Proof of statements contained in documents

(1) Where a statement contained in a document is admissible as evidence in civil proceedings, it may be proved—

(a) by the production of that document, or

(b) whether or not that document is still in existence, by the production of a copy of that document or of the material part of it, authenticated in such manner as the court may approve.

(2) It is immaterial for this purpose how many removes there are between a copy and the original.

Now, what this means is that a Court may accept a copy for enforcement as long as it is satisfied as to the creditor's methods of archiving.

The regs require them to be in the same document, but not necessarily on the same page.

When they say document would you say the signature page would have to be the last page.

HAK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks