style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a fake visit from a bailiff company featured on exposure Now the fine has on up nearly £320 so its doubled!!

How bad are these companies? only monday the show went on air and its wednesday now and they are still taking advantage.

The letter that was left by the bailiff clearly states that because of todays visit the fine HAS increased £320 yet there was no effort to ring the bell or contact anyone..

Not yet going to state which company it is orwho the bailiff is as first i will complain to the company the council and the court that issued this fraudster with his cert

Hi thanks for the responses,

Yes this is for a parking fine

Calling the bailiff and asking for the visit fee to be knocked off is most likely what would be the best thing to do However thats only because we live in a country where a bailiff can lie and cheat and then if he/she is spotted doing something wrong just ignore the lie's ? And pay the fine! This would be like blackmail, as if its his right to con people because they live in fear of the fine increasing and or because one day they really will try and make contact.

There is no justice in calling him and saying i know what his game is so knock off the Fake fee's and all is ok.

Hi thanks for the responses,

Yes this is for a parking fine

Calling the bailiff and asking for the visit fee to be knocked off is most likely what would be the best thing to do However thats only because we live in a country where a bailiff can lie and cheat and then if he/she is spotted doing something wrong just ignore the lie's ? And pay the fine! This would be like blackmail, as if its his right to con people because they live in fear of the fine increasing and or because one day they really will try and make contact.

There is no justice in calling him and saying i know what his game is so knock off the Fake fee's and all is ok.

If from one visit an ambulance was called then what several visits later? Maybe you aren't as unwell as you make out and just want to carry on venting your anger at bailiffs rather than resolve the issue in the first place.

Goodluck

If from one visit an ambulance was called then what several visits later? Maybe you aren't as unwell as you make out and just want to carry on venting your anger at bailiffs rather than resolve the issue in the first place.

Goodluck

1. I do not recall saying i am unwell?

2. The bailiff did not visit for me it wqas for a family member

3. Resolving the fine is one thing ,the actions of the bailiff are wrong and a more important matter!

xbailiff you seem to have the attitude of someone who is a bailiff and not an ex bailiff..

To pour water on flames....I think Xbailiff has mixed up his posts? I 'm sure he will be along later to eat a slice of todays special....humble pie.

However you seem to have a plan to deal with this in your own way but I am sure caggers will help you along the right paths if you need their help.

At the moment, I for one am not sure if you seek advice as you do not make that clear. 'Tis but a suggestion but if you take a deep breathe and collect your thoughts then post again we will all know where we are?

WD

Many apologies as post not meant for you as i was trying to keep things realistic for someone and we all make mistakes. Left the job in April but really left along time ago and as i had worked in the debt industry for 20yrs then some things are hard to leave behind. My intentions are to give advice and in some cases it isn't always going to meet with rave reviews but it will be honest and real time.

No worries and to be honest i took a look at some of your other replies and do see you have made some useful comments but i also notice that some have been the PAY THE FEE'S kinda reply which is the only way to end the problem but its also the first thing that a bailiff would say to someone who owes them money regardless of it being genuine fee's.

The main thing with all bailiff complaints is there is no one to turn to, No one who can pause any action and make a proper investigation.

Contacting in the company may mean a slight delay or a reduction in illegal charges but thats where it ends.

Courts do not imprison dodgy bailiff because no one can take it that far.

The goverment do not look into the obvious floors with the system like the £250 plus fee's for visiting in a van which is to small to actualy remove much goods? the fact that the Small van is a company vehicle and its the used just for that one visit . Like did they normaily get the bus to peoples homes? obviously not..

If the vehicle came especially for 1 fine then how comes its then used to visit 10 addresses that same day and racking in near £3000??

The stress it causes people is terrible, it gives people the same feeling as being mugged in the street yet this is supposed to be someone who in some ways has morepowers than the police

contact the CAB they say and it will be put on hold(wrong), depends who you speak to at the council and whether they have a good rapour with the bailiff concerned or not but from the bailiffs point of view(me)they want as little hassle as possible so will negotiate and others are just complete bastards!! having a bad month, put waiting time on, say its double the van/attendance fee for a colleague turning up that they were going to meet for a coffee anyway, anything and evrything to justify the fees, i have been caught uo in it myself so know most the tricks of the trade.

To pour water on flames....I think Xbailiff has mixed up his posts? I 'm sure he will be along later to eat a slice of todays special....humble pie.

However you seem to have a plan to deal with this in your own way but I am sure caggers will help you along the right paths if you need their help.

At the moment, I for one am not sure if you seek advice as you do not make that clear. 'Tis but a suggestion but if you take a deep breathe and collect your thoughts then post again we will all know where we are?

WD

Where am i? I dont know :( I just understand that they can drive people's stress levels sky high... Any chance David camron can read this?? lol

contact the CAB they say and it will be put on hold(wrong), depends who you speak to at the council and whether they have a good rapour with the bailiff concerned or not but from the bailiffs point of view(me)they want as little hassle as possible so will negotiate and others are just complete bastards!! having a bad month, put waiting time on, say its double the van/attendance fee for a colleague turning up that they were going to meet for a coffee anyway, anything and evrything to justify the fees, i have been caught uo in it myself so know most the tricks of the trade.

My partner worked for the CAB and yes they cant help much, She is now a solicitor and still its not easy to take things further

Just had a fake visit from a bailiff company featured on exposure Now the fine has on up nearly £320 so its doubled!!

How bad are these companies? only monday the show went on air and its wednesday now and they are still taking advantage.

The letter that was left by the bailiff clearly states that because of todays visit the fine HAS increased £320 yet there was no effort to ring the bell or contact anyone..

Not yet going to state which company it is orwho the bailiff is as first i will complain to the company the council and the court that issued this fraudster with his cert

I didn't deal so much with parking fines but the council are aware of the charges and you can ask for a breakdown of fees and if they are charging for bogus visits then ask for proof as most cars have trackers and failing that they use pen forms linked to their phones which send a gps location when the bailiff sends it through as this was a requirement from most councils as many people said they had never had a visit and they were probably right so ask for proof and be adamant as and they may back down somewhat and you can get this resolved, speak to the council and ask what they should be charging and most councils are linked up to bailiffs website so they can review cases so they will see if you have had previous visits bogus or not but.

• Haha 1

If you are in a position to pay the fine and the charges then do it straight away......then we can look at claiming back those fees that appear to have been wrongly applied without the threat of a return visit from your new found friend, to distract you from the job in hand.

If you have not received the paperwork that goes with the process of issuing the parking fine then you will need to start at base. I personally am awful with parking fines issues but their are many very very knowledgeable caggers on the forum who will without question be able to fill in the blanks.

WD

I didn't deal so much with parking fines but the council are aware of the charges and you can ask for a breakdown of fees and if they are charging for bogus visits then ask for proof as most cars have trackers and failing that they use pen forms linked to their phones which send a gps location when the bailiff sends it through as this was a requirement from most councils as many people said they had never had a visit and they were probably right so ask for proof and be adamant as and they may back down somewhat and you can get this resolved, speak to the council and ask what they should be charging and most councils are linked up to bailiffs website so they can review cases so they will see if you have had previous visits bogus or not but.

Wow inside knowledge..... great posting X bailff.....I think you can safely say you are starting to think less like a bailiff and more like a 'human' on the right side of justice. welcome to cag.....

WD

or try frightening the bailiff with a form4 for excessive charging, no bailiff wants this and will turn the most hardened into a squeaky girl!!

Welcome, yes many will quake, but some will say that if the magistrates disagree they will go for the costs against you, Others will try to make you drop the form 4 under threats of fess on fees

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Well someone did visit because the letter was posted by hand (no stamp) Gps tracking wouldnt help much because its not if they visted or not its more that they never had any intension of making contact ie didnt ring the bell just posted the letter to increase the fee's.

Maybe royal mail could employee this in a wage increase? they would make a fortune in stamps and the use of the red vans

The object of the visit by the Bailiff is to attend to levy distraint on your goods. If however he cannot gain access to your home to do so or otherwise distrain on goods outside then he may claim a 1st or 2nd Visit Fee as applicable. If you can prove he never attempted to contact you ie he crept up the path and just posted then there is no provision in the Regulations for a fee for a posted letter.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As many people on here know, I have a commercial business advising the public with regards to a bailiff visit.

I do not want everyone jumping about and screaming at the following comment but I feel that I need to be critical about non payment of parking tickets. Unlike unpaid council tax, the vehicle keeper will receive a PCN on the car or a letter in the post if the contravention was by way of CCTV. It is at THIS very early stage that the PCN can be paid at 50% DISCOUNT. Also at this stage, an appeal can be made to the local authority and if this is rejected by them, a request can be made to have the case referred to the Adjudicator. All of this is free.

If the above 2 stages are IGNORED, the 50% discount is no longer applicable and payment of the amount of the PCN is due. Normally, this will be for around £40-£60.

Yet another opportunity is given at Charge Certificate Rate to pay although the debt does increase.

If NOTHING is done at this stage, then YET ANOTHER chance is given at the Order for Recovery stage to either pay or MOST IMPORTANTLY, to complete the attached Statutory Declaration to state the you had not received the PCN or NtO and if a Stat Dec is submitted at this stage, the PCN AUTOMATICALLY reverts back to Notice to Owner stage all over again. It is at this stage that the Stat Dec can be submitted if the vehicle owner had made an appeal to the council and had not received a response.

Only after ALL of the above stages have passed can the council apply for permission to issue a warrant.

It really does break my heart when I receive enquiries all day long that yet another car has been clamped, removed or even sold.

That is why I would URGE everyone to make sure that they deal with a PCN at the VERY EARLY STAGE. Do NOT leave it to get to a position where a bailiff is visiting.

If everyone did the above, the income going to bailiff companies would significantly reduce........The local authority would not be affected as they would have been paid.

Bailiffs REAP THE REWARDS of vehicle owners failing to pay a PCN at the early stages. Lets make sure this STOPS !!!

Yes i do agree that tickets should be paid asap but........... Holes in the road should also be repaired asap ect..

Just change the subject slightly, does anyone know if vehicle recognition system are actualy legal for the use of bailiffs? Ie does it not effect human rights to privacy?

Yes i do agree that tickets should be paid asap but........... Holes in the road should also be repaired asap ect..

Just change the subject slightly, does anyone know if vehicle recognition system are actualy legal for the use of bailiffs? Ie does it not effect human rights to privacy?