Viking Hellas -whats going on? how to claim money back?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has Anyone some information on Viking Hellas airline? whats going on?.

i booked a ticket on a flight Athens -Manchester on 20 /10 /11

Due to strike the ticket been exchainged for the flight on 27 /10/11

On the day of a flight ,when all passengeres come to airport they were told -there is not any flight today.

Why ? No any explanation.

Now 3 days later, still no any information.

All phone numbers in Greece do not reply, in the U.K. their representative have no information at all, keep sending as to headquoter in Greece where as we remmeber no replys at all.

For me these looks like beginnig of bankruptsy, but ....

the question what i suppose to do? The money for the ticket already have been paid...

Any chance to return?

thank you for all suggestions

I booked the ticket here, in England, through Flyvikinghellas.co.uk website, using Natwest debit card issued here in England as well.....

Today even e-mails wich i tryed to send them were failed to be delivered.......

sad..... £135 gone....,,,

• 4 weeks later...

I am in exactly the same position i was due to be on the cancelled flight from Athens on the 27th as well,I've sent viking 2 emails(to a email address i was given over the phone by a representative) to no avail.I have tried to contact the European consumer right commission as the caa couldn't help me because i was flying from europe not the UK and i'm still waiting for a response from them.I'm 500£ out of pocket due the this flight and 2 others i had to fork out for the following day to get back to Manchester.

anyone got any advice??this has been going on for nearly a month now

many thanks

Rachel

• 1 month later...

Dears Marthara and Rachel,

I am with you on this. I purchased two flights, MAN>ATH and ATH>MAN, and was due to fly out on the 23rd December with my sister and her partner (who are also chasing this up). Viking Hellas failed to inform us that the flights had been cancelled, and it was by pure chance that we found out two days before we were due to fly out. As a result, we purchased new flights at a dear cost - this is the most expensive Christmas I can remember.

Ladies, my first advice to you is to see whether you paid be credit card, as you may be able to claim the money back from yur bank. Secondly, legally, we are required to write a formal letter and send it to the HQ in Markopoulo. In this letter you must quote EC regulation 261/2004. This is the first step in initiating a legal procedure. Make sure you keep a copy of this letter.

I suggest we watch this space, and see if we can collectively pursue legal action - in these cases, it's best doing this collectively rather than as an individual.

Rachel, did you have any luck with the European consumer right commission?

All the best,

Georgia

Hello,

I'll be watching this thread as I'm in the same position. I was due to fly out of Athens with Viking Hellas on 22nd December 2011 and back from Manchester on 6th January 2012. By chance I found out 10 days previously that the company had gone bankrupt. Since I live in Greece I contacted the passenger rigths people at tha Civil Aviation Authority here, but they were as much in the dark as me.

Anyway, I wrote to Viking at Markopoulou in Athens quoting the European regs but the letter has come back unopened and marked " They left" by the Greek post office. So, good luck to you all!!

Dingledo

I've just found this on their alternativeairlines.com. It's not much, but there is at least an address on there.

Update December 05th 2011

Viking Hellas has ceased to trade with its three aircraft being returned to the aircraft lessors. There is currently no information available as to what financial arrangements have been made to deal with outstanding creditors and it is unclear what legal status the company currently holds. It appears, however, that there is no likelihood of the airline restarting operations in the way described in their press release published on the 15th November 2011. Passengers seeking advice as to how to obtain refunds for unflown flights should deal directly with the travel agent though which they bought their flight tickets or write to the Head Office address in Athens: Viking Hellas K. Papadimitriou 33, 19003 Markopoulo, Athens, GREECE.

EDIT: Sorry, I've just seen the post above mine, he must have posted while I was searching. Doesn't look like the address is going to be much good.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Hello all,

Dingledo, thanks for the input. I also wrote to their Head Office in Markopoulo, and my letter had the same fate as yours. Have you had any further luck with the Greek Civil Aviation Authority? Is there another consumer protection agency / organisation we can contact here in Greece? Although I live abroad, I am Greek and am happy to call any Greek agencies that may help us.

As mentioned in my last post, the bigger the force, the better the result, so I urge everyone who's been affected to step forward and leave their comments on this thread.

G.

Viking Hellas -whats going on? how to claim money back?

Has Anyone some information on Viking Hellas airline.or flyhellas ?

hi everyone

i have had the same problem contacting them and trying to get refunded.

if any of you get refunded or get in contact with them please let me know because my flight is due on 26-03-12

thank you.

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone.. i've had this same problem..

If anyone has any further information on what we can do.. then it would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Hello Sophie and welcome to CAG.

Can you tell us a bit more about what happened to you please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi.. thank you

This is long sorry..

My partner bought a ticket and flew to iraq no problems.. However a day before his flight back to the UK he had a phonecall telling him his flight was cancelled and that

he should purchase a new ticket and he would be refunded for some of his ticket and his new ticket..

I immediately contacted viking hellas UK n they couldnt tell me anything other than the flight was cancelled n to contact the HO which like others have said you cant get through.. I also rang manchester airport to see if they had any info

I managed to find him a ticket luckily for a few days later!

This all happened back in October last year and up till now we still havent heard or received anything back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,On 26 of October 2011 I booked 2 flights for 2 passengers from Sweden to Iraq via Viking Hellas airline and the flight didn’t go as planned (airline didn’t show up at the Malmo airport). I tried to contact the airline through their email and phone number (on their website) but there is no response. Since the airline was not responding I contacted my card provider and the bank did a reversal to my account.Hope this also work for you guys too if you have booked your tickets online.

• 2 weeks later...

In October 2011 I purchased four tickets from one of the Viking's agent here in the UK and paid £790 in cash for Manchester-Iraq and Vice versa.of course this never happened and the company had gone bust and not contactable and the agent can't help too . I had to purchase another four tickets from Turkish Airline and paid £1200. I contacted the Greek's Transport Ministry and this is what they said : NOT MUCH REALLY:

HELLENIC REPUBLIC

MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE,TRANSPORT AND NETWORKS

CIVIL AVIATIONAUTHORITY

AIR TRANSPORT AND INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS DIVISION

AIR TRANSPORTECONOMICS SECTION

------------------------------

Information: Athens, 13/3/2012

Telephone : +30 210 8916150 Our Ref :

Fascimile : +30 210 8916193

e-mail :

Subject: Viking Hellas Airlines

Referring to your claim, regarding the airline Viking HellasAirline, kindly be informed the following:

The aforementioned airline has ceased trading from the beginning ofNovember 2011 and its Air Operator Certificate has been suspended on the 5thDecember 2011.

Finally, we would like to remind that you always have the right to seeklegal redress from courts.

With kind regards

ACTING DIRECTOR of

AIR TRANSPORT AND INTERNATIONAL

AFFAIRSDIVISION

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Geogia,

Sorry I didn't get back to you.I wasn't checking. I don't know of any other consumer protection groups in Greece. I hope you jhave managed to get somethimg sorted out. Luckily I got a refund from the bank as I paid by credit card.

Hello all,

Dingledo, thanks for the input. I also wrote to their Head Office in Markopoulo, and my letter had the same fate as yours. Have you had any further luck with the Greek Civil Aviation Authority? Is there another consumer protection agency / organisation we can contact here in Greece? Although I live abroad, I am Greek and am happy to call any Greek agencies that may help us.

As mentioned in my last post, the bigger the force, the better the result, so I urge everyone who's been affected to step forward and leave their comments on this thread.

G.