BCW collecting debt for lowlife - old barclaycard - help

123gas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i know you have given me excellent advice dx but i want my money back the adviser at the oft said to write a letter asking for a full refund before its to late the bcw group ltd is now owned by gothia finacial group

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

off you go!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Wait a minute - Lets stand back and look at this.

Are you saying that the OFT stated that bcw group holds a CCL and that buchanan clark and wells is the trading name of bcw group?

If that is correct that means that they ARE registered to collect debts. The OFT are correct that the licence is registered to the company and not its trading name - but that does not mean they cannot collect under it's trading name, as it is the same company.

Or are you saying that buchanan clark and wells is a difefrent company to bcw group, and registered as a seperate company with companies house? That being the case and buchanan clark and wells did not have a CCL then they would be committing a Criminal Offence by trying to collect debts.

The thing is you say in your first post that it is bcw trying to collect (who the OFT have told you have a licence) - have you used that as an abbreviation yourself or is that who has contacted you?

I will look into this a bit more in the morning - but if it is bcw group trying to collect- (and not buchanan clark and wells different company) - you will have no grounds to complain about the lack off CCL with the OFT.

BCW is now part of Gothia financial group.

I think we need to do a bit more digging before we get to excited - but i hope you are right. But i fear you may have the wrong end of the stick

Edited by dadofholly

the letters i recieved on letter head is printed buchananclark+wells at the bottom of the page it says buchananclark+wells is a trading name of BCW group companies house says buchananclark+wells are not trading and have not filed accounts since 2006 oft say its BCW group that hold the ccl so how can buchananclark+wells collect if its down as a none trading company

Am not saying you are wrong - but you may be mixing up a trading name and trading companies, they are different things.

Example - buchanan clark and wells are a company. another company comes along and takes them over. The new owners close down the original buchanan clark and wells and it ceases trading, and its ccl licence lapses.

The new owners start up a new company called bcw group, gain a ccl and use a trading name of buchanan clark and wells.

What you need is the registration numbers for all companies involved.

You may be right - but dont count your chickens till you have double checked.

You do say that on the bottom of the letters it says part of the bcw group.

Here you go.

They do have a licence.

CCA Home Page :: CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0603076

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration Number BCW Group LimitedSC 223606

Categories:

Consumer credit Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt collecting Provision of debt-adjusting on a commercial basis Provision of debt-counselling on a commercial basis

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

APS Assisted Probate Services BCW Buchanan Clark & Wells Buchanan Clark & Wells LTD Wallace Bruce

Issued Date: 16-Oct-2007

Expiry Date: 16-Oct-2012

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Bryan MountOfficer David Waite Emma Frost Graham Higgins Irene Hood Saunders Jacqueline Sharpe Lars Denecker Nielsen Martin Sheppard Trond Kristian Andreassen

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Andrew Sawyers McCormick

Historic Organisations that run the organisation:

NameCompany Registration NumberPosition HMS Secretaries LtdSC 143239Officer

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Principal Place Of Business24, George Square, GLASGOW, G2 1EG, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Correspondence24, George Square, Glasgow, G2 1EG, UK Correspondence24, George Square, GLASGOW, G2 1EG, United Kingdom Principal Place Of Business24, George Square, GLASGOW, G2 1EG, United Kingdom Registered Office24, George Square, Glasgow, G2 1EG, UK Registered Office24, George Square, GLASGOW, G2 1EG, United Kingdom

Edited by dadofholly

bcw group has been bought by gothia finacial group the letter i had the other week has changed it letter head from previous and now says buchanan clark & wells is a trading style of BCW group

Gothia financial group are not relevant - they may be the owners - but bcw can still trade as a seperate company. For example i could own 4 different businesses - all trading in different sectors - all reistered as ltd companies - but the regs for one will not be the same regs for another.

It is active - look at CCL i posted earlier.

buchanan clark and wells is one of the TRADING NAMES on the CCL - not the company name - but trading name - look at the link about half way down.

buchanan clark and wells you are talking about was a company - part of the avance group - that buchanan clark and wells no longer trades - and their CCL lapsed in 2010. Different legal entities.

here is CCL details for the OLD buchanan clark and wells.

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0463792

Licence Status:Lapsed on 18/06/2010

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration Number Avance Group Ltd85954

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

ACM BCW Public Sector National Debt Register UK Mail Direct Buchan Clark & Wells Buchanan Clark & Wells Apex Credit Management

Issued Date: 27-Feb-1999

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Andrew Sawers McCormickOFFICER Bryan Edvard MouatOFFICER Jarlath McHaleOFFICER Mark Graham RattrayOFFICER Paul Francis FraserOFFICER

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition James McIsaacOFFICER John Joseph SawersOFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Correspondence1c, Station Parade, BEACONSFIELD, Buckinghamshire, HP9 2PB, United Kingdom Principal Place Of BusinessAspire , 16, Farmeloan Road, Rutherglen, GLASGOW, G73 1DL, United Kingdom Registered OfficeAspire , 16, Farmeloan Road, Rutherglen, GLASGOW, G73 1DL, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Correspondence24, George Square, Glasgow, G2 1EG Principal Place Of Business24, George Square, Glasgow, G2 1EG Registered Office24, George Square, Glasgow, G2 1EG

Edited by dadofholly

unless you can prove that the company who collected your money had a different company registration number to the company now claiming the money, then you will get nowhere with this argument - sorry.

If you can prove different numbers you may have a case - but as ive said, i think you may have the wrong end of the stick.

You really do need to drop this 123gas.

If you think that issuing court papers is going to bring these people to heel, then think again. You are more likely to end up in a bigger mess and be landed with a bill for COSTS. As always though, it is your decision.

You really do need to drop this 123gas.

If you think that issuing court papers is going to bring these people to heel, then think again. You are more likely to end up in a bigger mess and be landed with a bill for COSTS. As always though, it is your decision.

I have to agree with P1 - Have you taken the advice given earlier in the thread reagrding the SAR to the OC? and have you sent the account in dispute letter?

nothing un expected there then!

they destroyed it when it went SB'ed years ago!!

pers i'd send nowt to know-one

dx

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

when do YOU think it was?

oh and confirms all your money went straight to the DCA's pocket as a cash cow!!

dx

and they

right back to reallity as you know i sent a cca request on the 12th of this month to bcw the could not comply so passed it to lowell i have heard nothing since and the 12 +2 is up what next ???

Send them this letter - your account is now in dispute.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale.

I arrived at this forum following a search for BC&W as they have now popped up out of the blue this last fortnight on the phone and a couple of letters. Mine is from GE Money (used to finance a car from Carcraft - horrors), who passed to Link about 3 years ago I think........

Any chance of bumping my thread that I posted in today? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?161277-AA99-v-GE-Money-Car-Loan&p=3604709#post3604709

:-)

can someone briefly explain about claiming back charges from bc it was mensionrd earlier in my thread i was looking at other threads and someone said any intrest charges over the agreed limit when you took out the card could be claimed back my origional limit was £500 and went up to £5000 in the space of three years is this the case?????

fill this out with every unlawful charge [over/late/dd return] etc etc

it will calc the int for you

and no you cannot reclaim int other than that gained by charges

use the current int rate from your most recent statement

change D10 to this

dx

and they

wherever did you get that idea from!

dx

and they