Very catalogue refused my monthly offer - need some advice please

Wizzywoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Continuing to pay my £5 per month and NDR money have written back to me refusing my 2 nd offer of repayment. They sent another letter the following day now threatening me with issuing a default notice if I don't pay the arrears which is a crazy amount. This account is spiralling out of control with charges and interests . There is no way I can afford what they are asking me to do and they know this from the 2 previous letters I have sent them.

Does any one know what I should do now ?

Are NDR the collection agents or the owner of the account ?

It is likely that you would have received a Default notice in any case - as you are not paying the contractual payments. So using it as a "threat" is simply quite mindless of NDR. However, it is only the original creditor or owner who can issue one.

I would imagine that your Credit reference files have been made up and include the fact that you have not been making the contractual payments, anyway..!

They really are being very silly - you had originally offered £80 - £100 and they turned that down.. !!

I cant remember, how do they figure in the list of creditors? Do you owe them the most or do you owe more to the other creditors who have accepted your repaymen plan ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very is thowner of the account and NDR are the collection agency (they are part of the the shop direct group which very is under too).

I have not received a default notice yet. Just threat letters.

When I lost my job last year I rang very straight away before any charges had been added and when my account was not past it s limit and explained my situation.

Sadly it was around £4000 which I feel bad about but I have always managed well and paid on time each month.

Now the balance is over £6500 due to interests and charges e.t.c. And I have only been paying £5 per month directly to very.

I owe them the most now due to there fees. I did owe my credit card company more and I pay them £80 per month and they removed charges and interest and I have been paying them happily for sometime now.

I have one other credit card which I only pay £36 per month and I only have £600 to pay off now. As again they were happy to help at the time.

So very is the only creditor that is being unhelpful.

They actually rang me again this morning to tell me they won't help me unless I send them a personal budget sheet from a company like national debt helpline. If I don't do this then they will sell my debt to a debt collection company.

I asked my number yo be removed and to contact me in writing only.

As it happens I do have a personal budget sheet headed from the national debt line (as I wasn't sure originally what route to take). Should I fill it in and send it back.

Sadly my outgoings are higher then my incomings and I have to get a little help form my family until I can get back to work again.

My priorities are my four little children and paying the mortgage , bills and food. I don't live a frivolous life as NDR explained people lie on there budget sheets and put £200 per month for hairdressers.

We simply manage to live each month and never have extra money left over.

These people are a nightmare.

It seems to me as though they are breaching just about every rule in the book by their actions.

Have a read of the following and contact National Debtline as soon as you can.

It will still be a DIY DMP , however they will help you complete the budget form and offer other advice.

The following has recently been brought to my attention and could prove very useful. Especially now the OFT guidance specifically states it's an Unfair practice to ignore a cashflow budget!

If you are experiencing difficulty in repaying your debts, CASHflow is a way for you to negotiate affordable repayments with your creditors. Before you can use CASHflow, you must have spoken to one of the free advice agencies licensed to offer CASHflow to their clients. The advice agency will start by talking to you about all of the options available, and can help you to decide if CASHflow is the right one for you.

If you decide to use CASHflow, you will be provided with all of the tools you need to be able to complete your own financial statement and negotiate offers of repayment with creditors yourself. This will enable you to stay in control of your situation, but still have support from an adviser at any stage if you need it.

You can contact a local advice agency to check if they offer CASHflow. You can find a list of free advice agencies that are near to you by searching for a money adviser in England or Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland.

Alternatively, you can call National Debtline on 0808 808 4000

CASHflow: http://www.cashflow.uk.net/

National Debtline: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

https://www.mymoneysteps.org/

Also as highlighted in the CAG newsletter...

There is the new CAB system that might also be worth a look, this system saves all your details, has guidance allowance figures to work with if you wish and you do not need to be invited / signed off etc with this system, just log in and away you go (see below)

(Also, there are a number of other self help tools and systems around so might be worth a little exploration if this is what you eventually decide on.)

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/ (example of completed dmp)

xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi I contacted national debt line some time ago and I wanted to try and negotiate with my creditors alone. All except very set up a repayment plan. I have opened my pack and am reading through now. I also have there budget sheet and I am filling it out as we speak.

Thanks

Hi I contacted national debt line some time ago and I wanted to try and negotiate with my creditors alone. All except very set up a repayment plan. I have opened my pack and am reading through now. I also have there budget sheet and I am filling it out as we speak.

Thanks

Hello Wizzywoo.

We hope you find our self-help pack useful. If any one else would like to take a look at it you can find an electronic copy here:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/debt_advice.php#4

We about to launch a brand new version in the coming weeks, keep checking back as the new one will have a very different look to it!

As far as Very/NDR are concerned their behaviour hasn't been very helpful at all. There is no reason why they shouldn't accept an offer supported by a comprehensive budget. If they continue to hesitate please consider asking for a copy of their formal complaints procedure.

You should also look into reclaiming these fees and charges, CAG is the best place for help with that for sure.

As an aside, and perhaps to help you with your budget + entire situation, please consider taking a look at our new My Money Steps system if you get some spare time. We would be keen to hear what you think!

https://www.mymoneysteps.org/

Best wishes,

National Debtline.

For Free, Confidential and Independent advice: 0808 808 4000

Monday - Friday 9am to 9pm // Saturday 9.30am to 1pm // 24-hour voicemail. Please leave a message to request an information pack. http://www.nationaldebtline.org // http://www.mymoneysteps.org

• 2 months later...

Hi, have you tried talking to the citizens advice about a DRO (debt relief order) You can do this is your debt is over a certain amount but it costs £90+ to apply to the court. If you are granted one (which I feel you would be) everything is put on hold for a period of 12 months and no interest can be added and no further payments are made to your debtor unless your circumstances change, they are not entitled to chase you, though some of them try. If after the 12 month period, your circumstances do not change, the debts are squashed. You will be blacklisted for 5 years after though (but hey, do you really want to go back there?) because it is like a form of mini bankruptcy.

Sorry its actually 3 years before the slates clean. You can still apply for credit but if it is above £500 you have to let the lender know you have a DRO. I am not sure if it blacklists you or just puts your credit ratings very low. Work looking into though because I am sure your debt falls in to the catagory in which you can apply. Ring CAB for details.

Hi,

Have a read of this thread as managed to get them to accept a payment proposal

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?340272-Very-and-isme

and then bang them for the charges as you have been advised

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)