Lloyds Stayed 2008 claimform - Claimant Now Going for SJ ***case discontinued ***

gaz2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Gaz

I'm going through exactly the same thing with LTSB/SC&M at the moment - I filed my defence at the beginning of this week, see my thread here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/121774-lloyds-tsb-credit-card.html

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just to say

never had anything back from solicitors before last date I should file defence 

I sent copy of my letter to solicitors & to court with defence which was acknowledged etc

now just had letter from solicitors which said after contacting my clients they have told us to obtain judgement and sent me standing order form got payment .

I fail to see how they can obtain judgement when I'm defending all of claim and they haven't answered any of my questions which you told me to put comments please

The exact thing has happened on another thread - this seems to now be a standard tactic that these Solicitors are employing trying to dupe you in to thinking they've won and start paying! That isn't the case!;

Just follow the advice I've given to Spiritgirl, above, on Monday morning.

What was the Defence that you submitted?

Can you post the wording up please?

Has the Court acknowledged receipt and told you they are serving the claimant with the Defence?

What was the date the Defence was submitted/acknowledged and served on the claimant?

Hi

Well thats amazing using the same letter to people and not answering mine at all . 31st dec had letter from court northampton bulk centre acknowledging receipt and stating copy served on plaintiff although I sent copy as well ....

as for my defence I put what you said in your letter ie

The defendent denies all allegations in POC and puts claimant to proof thereof

ie

the defendnet is embarrassed in pleading to this poc as inter alia

poc disclose no legal cause of action

not particularised and do not comply with cpr part 16

poc vague do not disclose adequate statement of facts method of calculating sums etc

No written agreement enclosed on which basis these proceedings brought

no copy of default notice

no copy of formal demand

copy of evidnece of both scope and nature of default

I also pointed out on 22 2 07 iI asked for under section 76 of cca 74 copy of agreement sending my pound receievd nothing . I also said I wrote 1 6 07 . I drew courts attention to fact claimant in default of its obligations under s781 of cca and has no right of atcion until their default by not supplying what i asked for is remedied .

I also asked for default notice copy under s87 1 of cca 74

I havent put in that any default would be invalid as it would include "penalty charges " that i havent claimed at all yet should I start a claim for this what do you think ?

I have suggested to court they consider strike out claim under cpr part 16 if not suggested court asks for full disclosure

I havent put everything I put in down but have shortened it to put main points so how Im doing ?

Regards Gaz

Looks good - just need to confirm that the Court is on the same page as you are, and not being sucked in to their games, tomorrow morning.

Incidentally, I think the time to counterclaim may have passed as you should have done that with your Defence under CPR Part 20;

20.4 (1)A defendant may make a counterclaim against a claimant by filing particulars of the counterclaim.

(2)A defendant may make a counterclaim against a claimant –

(a)without the court's permission if he files it with his defence; or

(b)at any other time with the court's permission.

I suppose you could ask for permission based on the fact you can't counterclaim when entering a Defence because of the lack of information from the Claimant!

Thanks I couldnt do anything really without their information but i could start a claim agaisnt them seperate to this re overlimit and other charges though Im hoping they wont as they havent before come with agreement . Should i also do something about default they have entered and info passed to credit agencies etc ? Regards Gaz

Starting a seperate claim at this stage is dodgy, as the Court could consolidate the claims together and hear them both at once.

A counterclaim would have been the time to claim against them, for charges and Default removal, but there's nothing stopping you applying for permission later on once they've either provided the documentation you need or failed to do that at all.

Just IMHO, of course, as it's your case so it's your call...

At the moment, there's no detriment to you to wait to see if they continue to pursue the claim then react at a later date.

Hiya Gaz

Have now subscribed to your thread and will watch what happens with interest.

As Chris states we are in the same boat in that I received the same letter as you despite filing my Holding Defence and it being received by the court AND served on the Solicitors :mad: I actually spoke to the Solicitors on Friday and they said they hadn't received it from me OR the Court but I don't believe them quite frankly!

I will be on the phone to court tomorrow morning!

Here's a link to my thread :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/81224-spiritgirl-various-dcas-28.html

Have a read, at least you know you're not alone and the Solicitors are trying it on with me as well the cheeky bar stewards!

Good luck!

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Just a quick reminder, you probably put in your holding defence that you reserve the right to file an updated defence when the bank complies with your CPR request. Well, when you put in an updated defence that's the time to put in the counterclaim as by then you'll have all the information you need.

That's how I did it and the court were quite happy with that.

Regards

nicklea

• 1 year later...

I asked for copy of agrements for debts link pursuing they have come back with for Lloyds credit card

"we are unable to supply copy of agrements however Financial Ombudsman says its not unreasonable to continue reporting a default if its accurate reflection of how account has been paid " They say Information Commissioners Office have said that if a default on credit file accurately reflects the payments on the account then data protection complied with . They also state that the Information Commissioner said " the failure of a creditor to produce a copy fo the signed credit agreement is not on its own evidence that the debt does not exist or that it is not enforceable and shoudl not thereofre appear on credit file . If the credit grantor can supply some other evidence to contradict this then it is proper for the debt to be recorded on yoru credit reference file .

Therefore Link say if an agreement is not enforceable and should not be deleted from my credit file " The payments I made they say are proof an agreement exists . Please fill in personal planner and agree a repayment plan .

My comments are am i right , if they have no agreement they shouldnt pass info onto 3rd parties as they have no authority to do so , if they have no agreement then debt is unenforceable , i may have a claim for damages to my credit for loading a default at credit agencies and as they have no agreement i dont need to agree to payment plan comments please regards Gaz

• 2 years later...

Hi all

Advice please

Solicitors had card claim stayed in 2008 as they couldnt produce copy agreement and default notice etc now they have issued application asking for stay to be removed and summary judgment on grounds " have no prospect of defending "

They admit they dont have original agreement no default notice copy of demand etc but say due to Cary case not needed and regurgitated copy is suitable for judgment against me and they have computer print showing letters went out etc . They also list 3 account numbers saying account changed due to loss of cards etc ( i have no recollection of this )

Whilst I know certified copies of original are okay for s78 requests I didnt think this was okay for proof etc otherwise anyone can make things up ie how do I know t & c were correct interest rate etc ?

Advice help etc welcome regards Gaz

I might have at home on my small portable hard drive, trouble is I am away until Tuesday afternoon.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers