I need some help with reliable collections please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just filled in the spreadsheet. whats compound interest? and im not sure what to put in 'days elapsed'

Umm, if you have completed the form correctly.. the days elapsed should be calculating automatically !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Blue bit at the top you should have entered the APR that is shown on your agreement/statement

Then in the white bits you need to enter

the date under the "The Date of Charge"

Under "Nature of Charge" enter either PPI premium.. PPI payment.. or Default Charge.

Under "amount of charge" you need to enter the amount of the PPI premium or the Default Charge.

Days elapsed and compund interest should automatically formulate.. you dont put anything in there.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It doesnt seem to be working for me. it says #NAME? in the 'days elapsed' and 'compound interest' boxes

does it need to be opened in excel? as ive got it open in office.

Spreadsheet needs to be used in Excel

If you haven't got Excel let me know what you have got and I'll see what I can do

ims

Edited by ims21

i only have open office

Hi

I have attached the Open Office version. Download it and then rename the file so that you change the last three letters (xls) to the extension used for open office spreadsheets (ODS I think).

That will then work for you

ims

CISheetOF.xls

It worked perfectly, thank you. not sure what letter im to send this with, could you point me in the right direction please? and what am i meant to do about not hearing from them at all? is there another letter to send after the 2nd one?

Many thanks for all the help, you guys are great!

Hi Amy

So you now have your spreadsheet of claim....what APR did you use?

Does the figure shown by the spreadsheet exceed what you owe?

In any event, you need to send a preliminary letter to the original creditor requesting a refund of the charges plus the interest, i.e. the figure on your spreadsheet. You also enclose a copy of teh spreadsheet. Ensure that the "Claim To" date is today.....it should automatically update every day you open the sheet.

The preliminary letter template is here....amed to suit.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?605-Credit-Store-Card-Letter-Template

ims

i used 39.6 apr, thats the one they sent me in the letter on the agreements the forged. (consumer credit act 1974) apparently i owe £2,079,92 and the total claim comes up as £1,177.56. is that right? im so confused as thats more than the charges added together are! how does compound interest come into this?

Hi

OK so the charges plus interest comes to £1,177 using the rate that they have on the "agreement". If that is what they say the rate is then that is the rate you use for your claim.

So after the charges and interest come back you will owe them about £900. Compund interest is the amount of interest showing on the spreadsheet.

Print a copy of the spreadsheet and send it with a preliminary letter of reclaim to them.

ims

Edited by ims21

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Amy. I've been through all this myself over the last 12 months with reliable. And I agree with Brig - a very odd letter. Also, I don't think that it is a response to your letter reclaiming the charges. More like one final attempt to rattle you into paying before it ends up on the dca merry-go-round. You'll get another letter shortly refusing to refund the charges because it is in their terms and conditions which you can clearly see on your 'reconstituted' agreement, which is unenforcable. Don't worry too much over the letter. Just wait for a real response.

subbing, dealing with these halfwits for the wife. Same detail as you increased amount, loads of charges. I've not paid them for over a year now, Acct in Dispute, I did read on here a couple of days ago about Reconstituted agreements and challenging them under CPUTR 08 (think that is what the regulations are). You ack the agreement is reconstructed but you ask for proof they have one with your signature on. I've not been on here for quite some time so I've got 7 months worth of catching up to do, but the CPUTR 08 thing jumped out at me when I logged on a couple of days ago, it could be of some help. I've got to find it again myself when i find it I'll put a link on here for you. PM

Hi Amy, just read the thread on the CCA forgery, I personally would put the account in dispute (if not already) and file away the rubbish they continue to send you. Leave the CCA forgery letter in the back pocket along with the CPUTR 08 request. But as everyone says on here, never speak on the phone, everything registered or recorded and sign nothing. If you start getting telephone calls, i found asking them security questions before speaking to them worked a treat. I even rang them back a few times, after they'd hung up on me and did the same the phone calls stopped!!! DCAs are like CS gas seem life threatening initially but disappear in time!