I need some help with reliable collections please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

i took out a account with fashion world back in 2006.

i couldn't keep up the payments and the debt was passed onto reliable debt.

the debt increased due to charges etc and i gave up paying at all.

a couple of weeks ago i came across a template letter on here i could send asking for the original signed agreement. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?235803-Jd-Williams-reliable-Collections&highlight=reliable+collections

i sent it in hope that i could get rid of them but they've replied.

i received a letter, all the items i ordered with dates and costs and 2 pages of credit agreements

HOWEVER, these were not the originals!

ive moved house twice since and they themselves have filled in my name and new address on the agreements!!!

no signature tho! they claim they do not need to provide me with the original!

could anyone advise me with what step to take next?

the debt has doubled due to them so i refuse to pay anymore!

photos of the letters are attached. Many thanks in advance, Amy.

DSCF4606EDIT1.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Amy

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Can you delete the reference number in the letter.

They don't have to provide 'True Copies', what they have provided are Reconstructed Agreements which would satisfy your

Request. But all the details on the Reconstructed Agreement should be the same as on the original Agreement. They have

got the address wrong, so they have not satisfied your request. You should send them a Dispute Letter. Have a read of no. 5 in my signature.

You need to send them an Account in Dispute letter. Make sure you send the correct one.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

To claim back charges 1,2, and 3 in my signature.

Heres a spreadsheet to calculate charges:- http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

Don't forget to charge them Contractual Interest.

Please don't post stuff like this on other threads 'holy smoley!!!'.

Have there been any late payment or default charges applied to the account ? If interest is still being charged then this account is still with the original creditor. They say a review was undertaken.. did you agree to the £30.00 repayments or did they just tell you that is what YOU had to pay ?

Whilst a reconstituted agreement serves to fulfill their obligation under the s78 request. It wont be adequate should they want to take court action against you.

It seems ridiculous that under any repayment plan, the balance will continue to increase rather than decrease.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

yes there has been many charges! i had phoned them a while back asking if they can lower the payment. they told me they couldn't do anything until i had paid the £93? arrears. i said i could only afford to give them £30 towards the arrears. and they said it wasn't enough. so i didn't pay anything. now they say i made a repayment arrangement with them for £30 a month which i didn't! twisted my words!

heres a screen shot of the current account situation. the arrears have gone up again.

16/07/2011 -- -- FOLLOW 7 2.843% AMOUNT DUE 124.48 -- Service Charge £52.91

12/07/2011 -- -- ADJUSTMENT -- Payment Reversal £1.00

04/07/2011 -- -- PAYMENT - THANK YOU -- Payment £1.00

23/06/2011 -- -- ADMINSTRATION CHARGE -- Adjustment £12.00

23/06/2011 -- -- ADMINSTRATION CHARGE -- Adjustment £12.00

18/06/2011 -- -- FOLLOW 6 2.843% AMOUNT DUE 95.48 -- Service Charge £50.89

21/05/2011 -- -- FOLLOW 5 2.843% AMOUNT DUE 65.48 -- Service Charge £49.20

21/05/2011 -- -- ADMINSTRATION CHARGE -- Adjustment £12.00

21/05/2011 -- -- ADMINSTRATION CHARGE -- Adjustment £12.00

03/05/2011 -- -- ADMINSTRATION CHARGE -- Adjustment £12.00

Amy, if you read the "Summary of Findings" at the bottom of the link, Rebel posted above you will see if the creditor has fulfilled their obligations under s78.

From what you have posted up, I would say you would be able to reclaim all those charges and what the hell is a service charge..? you should I think, be able to reclaim those as well.

That would bring down what is owed and might make it more manageable for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Amy, if you read the "Summary of Findings" at the bottom of the link, Rebel posted above you will see if the creditor has fulfilled their obligations under s78.

From what you have posted up, I would say you would be able to reclaim all those charges and what the hell is a service charge..? you should I think, be able to reclaim those as well.

That would bring down what is owed and might make it more manageable for you.

ah ok. thank you so much x

2) The s78 copy must contain the name and address of the debtor as it was at the time of the execution of the agreement. But the creditor can provide the name and address from whatever source it has of those details. It does not have to take them from the executed agreement itself;

'HOWEVER, these were not the originals! ive moved house twice since and they've themselves have filled in my name and new address on the agreements'

2) The s78 copy must contain the name and address of the debtor as it was at the time of the execution of the agreement. But the creditor can provide the name and address from whatever source it has of those details. It does not have to take them from the executed agreement itself;

'HOWEVER, these were not the originals! ive moved house twice since and they've themselves have filled in my name and new address on the agreements'

yes, i noticed this part but then the

". But the creditor can provide the name and address from whatever source it has of those details"
confused me. right, i will send the letter - Failure to provide a copy of the agreement within the prescribed timescale, and see how it goes from there.

thank you so much, youve been a great help! x

All this means is that they can provide this information from any data they hold, screenshots, letters etc.

". But the creditor can provide the name and address from whatever source it has of those details"

Send all letters Recorded, keep a copy. Set up a folder.

• 2 months later...

hello again.

well i sent off the 2nd letter ( demand for a specimen signature before complying with S77/78 CCA) on 17/08/2011 and ive still not received any reply. they just keep sending demand letters and the debt is forever increasing. any idea whats happening and what to do next? thanks in advance, Amy.

How are you doing with your reclaiming ?

BCOBS

You will be claiming the interest on the PPI payment and yes, you can claim for administration charges, it is for them to prove the charges are what it cost them to administer the account. What spreadsheet are you using. The one below will calculate the figures for you.. all you need to is enter the APR that you were charged on the agreement at the top of the form. Enter the date each payment was taken and the amount and the spready does the rest for you.

[ATTACH]30292[/ATTACH]

BCOBS