PCN rec'd for parking in KFC too long!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in April we received a PCN from a company called TPS Parking Solutions Ltd for £70, or £50 if we paid within 7 days for parking at a KFC in St Helens for 2 hours and 1 minute, the notice has photo's of the car on it. The car is registerred in my husbands name, however it is my daughters car and we had forgotten to transfer it back into her name, so the notice came addressed to my husband. After reading several threads on here we have just ignored all correspondence from this company.

We have now started to receive letters from a company call Debt Recovery Plus Ltd requesting payment of now £148.99 within 7 days, along with the following:

"If you do not contact us following receipt of this letter we will have no alternative other than to assume that you are avoiding making payment. In this situation our solicitors may issue county court proceedings against you.

Please note that if the case reaches court and a county court judgement is obtained, the amount outstanding will increase.(fees added here)

You can view a selection of CCJ's we have sucessfully obtained against people who have ignored our correspondence on our website"

We have had 2 letters from these new people now and they have a bright red stripe down the side and clearly visible in the window of the envelope is has www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk, I think this tactic is to embaress people into paying!!

Any advise on what we should do please, still ignore and hope they go away.The car is never parked at our address so they can't come and clamp it and we haven't changed the address to my daughters new address in fear that they will harass her.

Thanks for any advice offered

Just keep ignoring these clowns. You don't owe them a penny. AS for clamping, please don't confuse these invidious with proper bailiffs. They are juster powerless debt-collectors. For a bailiff to come on the scene the case would have to go to court (very unlikely) the case is lost (very, very unlikely) and then the fee ordered by the judge is not paid within 28 days. That's so unlikely it's not worth worrying about.

It happened to me with a company car, the company I worked for are tighter than a duck's backside but they did not mess about with them - they paid.

I think your options are limited - was there a sign stating the staying period, the car is on CCTV, it may be your daughters car but it is registered to your husband and that's who they have addressed the bill too. I don't think they would clamp the car regardless of location as they want cash.

I would certainly research the company more although I must admit the website looks legitimate.

You won't see a baliff until you have lost the case in court.

good luck.

Thanks for all your advice. I appreciate the car was registerred to my husband so he is the one they are chasing but frankly rather us than my daughter who would have felt bullied into paying it!

I've just been on the debt recovery website and they do list people they say they have taken to court and got ccj's against but surely that information shouldn't be on a website it is stressful enough to get a ccj but to have it openly branded about on a public website is, in my opinion, totally wrong and just goes to show the unsensitive feelings these people have, it indeed they have any feelings.

Private company=dont pay. They can do nothing about it but use loads of red ink and scary words, Just ignore it, use the letters on bottom of bird cage to catch poop, thats all its worth.

Read more on here if in doubt, there are 1000`s of "ignored" on here. Nothing ever happens... Just more people like you and me with BIG smile on face for weeks!:-D

tell friends too about this site and private parking tickets.

i had an invoice from ukpc 2 years ago and 7 letters later they gave in dont worry you have done nothing wrong . infact i took my letters to work and put them up in the rest room where all the lads could not stop laughing at these clowns .i even wrote to them say they remind me of john wayne and hes a cowboy

infact i took my letters to work and put them up in the rest room where all the lads could not stop laughing at these clowns .i even wrote to them say they remind me of john wayne and hes a cowboyMe too, still get asked if ones are ok to ignore!

• 2 weeks later...

I have today received my 3rd letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd with a reduced payment offer. I now only have to pay them £119.19 to stop possible proceedings against me. I think this letter will also go straight into the bin. I just wonder how many letters I will receive before they give up

It's reducing at the rate of about two quid a day, then.

Let's see, at that rate, it should be......erm.....and carry the number you first thought of....around 21st Aug - then no more letters - easy!

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!