• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They could find out if they wanted to check. And if it was still within the 90 mins travelling time they could sanction if he turned the job down because of the distance.

he was not asked to apply from the job centre it was him putting to aldi and hoping for a bit closer to home but when he got a phoned it was on the spot phone interview and so i dont really think they would speak to the job centre as they have no right to get in contact with a employer that u did at your own accord without your permission

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even if all else fails and you have to attend, it's always possible to 'screw up' an unwanted interview - the trick is to make it seem like you're not doing it on purpose!

Note that if it's for a job that the JC found for you then they're allowed to contact the employer for feedback, so be careful how you go on at the interview. However if it's for a job you found for yourself then they can't contact the employer without your express permission.

u screw up a group interview or just a interview?

well he did the same thing as me and sent cvs to aldi and they returned a call back withing a few weeks just out the blue and did a phone interview so the job centre or WP cant do anything as it was us that sent the cvs away so there was no job put up so everything should be fine that he did not answer the phone to them surely? am i correct?

If he found the job himself then it's entirely up to him if he proceeds with it or calls it all off - nothing to do with the JC at all. Don't even list it on your jobsearch evidence then they can't ask anything about it.

In the past I've applied for jobs I didn't want just to make up the numbers for my jobsearch evidence and had the odd phone call from the employer - I just said 'Thanks but I've got a job now so I won't be taking my application further'.

You should get the money credited for use early. This happened to me over Xmas. I sign on Thursdays so paid on a Tuesday but you should not have to wait longer for payments. If your JCP is organised the money pushing button should have been pushed today

You should get the money credited for use early. This happened to me over Xmas. I sign on Thursdays so paid on a Tuesday but you should not have to wait longer for payments. If your JCP is organised the money pushing button should have been pushed today

well i sign on tomorrow i forgot it was bank holiday Friday and Monday and i get paid on the Monday so i should get my jsa benefit on Thursday as i dont think i would have to wait to the Tuesday

I was due to see INGEUS today at 1.30 and have just had a text from the receptionist there saying my adviser is ill and a new appointment would be sent in the post. Not even a call just a text. Unfortunately I have to go there anyway as it is my signing on day so I will ask for my fares as normal as I think that is fair. Result though as I don't have to listen to a load of old waffle today!

Modern technology has multiple modes of reciprocal failure - Who is to say the text message arrived or even got read in good time.

Go in, claim back your travel expenses, get proof of attendance, and avoid any prospect of a sanction.

Ill my ****. Long bank holiday weekend, probably swinging the lead to turn it in to a longer break.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Not happy. Just turned up to sign on at INGEUS as JCP rep is there when I sign on and have my appointment. They wouldn't pay my fare as my adviser wasn't in to see me even though I had to attend to sign on. They argued it wasn't an INGEUS appointment and cannot pay for signing on. Told them I was due an appointment but it was cancelled and they still wouldn't pay. Will take it further. Going to email head office as £3.75 is a lot to me.

Worth a try - I hope you get the money, but as your appointment with Ingeus was cancelled and you're signing on on your usual day, I'd be surprised if they paid up. Stranger things have happened though! Good luck.

I just wanted to throw my two 'penneth into this thread, as I've been following it for so long now. INGEUS are a joke - a private tender money-making exercise whereby I'm sure some company directors are currently sitting in their massive villas in Marbella and laughing as they sip sangria and read the British newspapers, but everyone else who works for them on the frontline and everyone who is subjected to their cack-handed, under-resourced, under-trained and frankly pointless rules are slowly going insane.

I was on WP for two years with INGEUS, finished in November, I found the first year really hard-going because I mistakenly believed they were being paid to help me find work. But once I'd realised what a shell game set up it was, I learned how to jump through their hoops and 'play the game' to keep my benefits. What a joke. What a true shame. I'm still unemployed and getting JSA - all the two years on WP did was put another level of bureaucracy and pointless accountability into my day, stopping me from looking for real jobs. Jumping through their hoops became a full time job in itself.

My heart goes out to anyone who's just starting with these muppets. My advice is just learn how to play the game - we can't win by being rational or moral with people like this. Just accept they're a bunch of ***s working under a system designed to catch you out and get you sanctioned. Grin and bear it, keep your head down and get through it till your sentence is over. May it pass quickly.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative term.

I just wanted to throw my two 'penneth into this thread, as I've been following it for so long now. INGEUS are a joke - a private tender money-making exercise whereby I'm sure some company directors are currently sitting in their massive villas in Marbella and laughing as they sip sangria and read the British newspapers, but everyone else who works for them on the frontline and everyone who is subjected to their cack-handed, under-resourced, under-trained and frankly pointless rules are slowly going insane.

I was on WP for two years with INGEUS, finished in November, I found the first year really hard-going because I mistakenly believed they were being paid to help me find work. But once I'd realised what a shell game set up it was, I learned how to jump through their hoops and 'play the game' to keep my benefits. What a joke. What a true shame. I'm still unemployed and getting JSA - all the two years on WP did was put another level of bureaucracy and pointless accountability into my day, stopping me from looking for real jobs. Jumping through their hoops became a full time job in itself.

My heart goes out to anyone who's just starting with these muppets. My advice is just learn how to play the game - we can't win by being rational or moral with people like this.

Yep, agree with all of that and yes, I also play the game which is why I found voluntary work I WANTED TO DO as I knew I would me made to do utter pointless rubbish. They don't take liberties with me as I know more than them and they don't like it. They are not there to find us work, they are there as a government spying tool and to make our lives a misery. WHEN I find work it won't be because of INGEUS it will be because of the effort I have put in and they won't be getting any payments

Email from head office - payment will be made on my next appointment so double next time - always worth asking!

good on trying to get your payment for bus fare back even if u had not got your cash back u should have told them u had not had a text and am sure they would have gave u your cash right there and then.

In hindsight yes, I did think that, as I was going to the same place to sign on anyway I could have walked in for my INGEUS appointment and played dumb like I never got the text. Anyway, saved me sitting through 30 minutes of utter nonsense today

In hindsight yes, I did think that, as I was going to the same place to sign on anyway I could have walked in for my INGEUS appointment and played dumb like I never got the text. Anyway, saved me sitting through 30 minutes of utter nonsense today

yeh end of the day they should be giving people there money back if there on the WP they think as if a few pound wont mean much but its not like that especially if u dont stay close to where the ingeus office is and the bus fair these days are just taking the pi** i still got my bus fair back even tho my adviser was off for just over a month.

I didn't buy the adviser off sick excuse. Yes I sign on same day but at the end of the day it was within my cycle of INGEUS/Signing on so I wanted my fare. £4.70 aint a lot to some but for me it pays for shopping I need.

I didn't buy the adviser off sick excuse. Yes I sign on same day but at the end of the day it was within my cycle of INGEUS/Signing on so I wanted my fare. £4.70 aint a lot to some but for me it pays for shopping I need.

yeh dont sound much but to other people it is.

i seen your wrote about "WHEN I find work it won't be because of INGEUS it will be because of the effort I have put in and they won't be getting any payments" i agree i dont see why ingeus get the credit its not like there the ones applying for the jobs plus when i get responds from people on emails or phone calls about me sent there cv/specs to them etc i just tell them they told me just to keep an eye on there jobs online they arent getting much chat from my job searching

Email from head office - payment will be made on my next appointment so double next time - always worth asking!

The sun smiles on the righteous. Well done :)

..but take a copy of that email with you next time in case they 'forget' all about it!

does anyone know if aldi calls u with a withheld number ? as i was told if i was to maybe get brought in for group interview that they would call me for more info but i was out enjoying the sunshine on a bank holiday and came back to get my phone and had 4missed calls withing the space of a 10 min period.

i guess i wont be getting put forward for the job now as i did not answer my phone? as its not my fault i was out enjoying the sunshine and a bank holiday and my phone was basically dead till i put it on charge

Withheld number on a bank holiday - The most likely candidate is some sca m merchant trying to sell solar panels, PPI claim, or some other bogus offer.

A reputable UK employer wouldn't be running a HR department on a public holiday nor would they withhold their number.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Withheld number on a bank holiday - The most likely candidate is some sca m merchant trying to sell solar panels, PPI claim, or some other bogus offer.

A reputable UK employer wouldn't be running a HR department on a public holiday nor would they withhold their number.

Aww I guess there HR department be closed on bank holidays? Plus the first call from Aldi last week was a withhold number but I guess they would be closed on days like today?

Bonus...

17th April - adviser off sick

01st May - adviser on leave (email today keeping for records)

15th May next appointment

Hardly any meetings with INGEUS for a month - yet again though an email stating she is on leave and no formal letter but of course I keep emails as proof