Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If the candidate were to work under a defacto Contract of Employment, then I would certainly call the employers bluff.... and take them to court for NMW, and to get an order for tax evasion and fraud.

Obviously you have been down that path, and have had some success in the courts, perhaps you would be so kind as to share your experiences? I'm sure the members would appreciate a 'heads up'.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pardon? sorry, that's gone right over my head!

The point that I was making is that any National Organisation which has a number of branches (such as the Citizens Advice Bureau, Scope, British Heart Foundation etc) will have to have a Business Model which will cover all expenses (including the payment of salary and benefits to Senior Staff). The CAB, I think, rely on 80% of its contingent on volunteers. Senior Managers will be on Salary.

In terms of the charge of a conspiracy to defraud the HMRC....

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/emmanual/em0602.htm

EM0602

"HMRC will consider commencing a criminal investigation rather than a civil investigation in the following circumstances

Cases of organised criminal gangs that

i) attacks the tax system where losses represent a serious threat to the tax base

ii) systematic fraud of the tax system

ii) conspiracy to defraud HMRC on a large scale.

A Criminal Investigation may also be instigated if there is organised Tax Credit Fraud.

Notwithstanding that no W2W organisation can be remotely accused of being a "Criminal Gang", there may be a case to be made for

i) conspiracy to defraud HMRC on a large scale

ii) organised tax credit fraud.

Can you get santioned if your advisor calls and you don`t answer her call or call her back because mine called while i was in the toilet but i haven`t called her back?

I doubt it

They haven't found a way to be that petty yet although they come close as they can get you to do job seeking all day and every day with them

5hours at a fu****ng job interview for £6.30 an hour playing a headless chicken in a call centre.....15 of us sat like lemmings in a large room, whilst some guy with the most monotone voice I have ever had the pleasure of hearing, informing us how wonderful the company was to work for blah blah blah, and how he had just started on recruitment today, after being 'on the phones' for 9 months....they probably promoted him, cos if i rang and got him i'd have been on bl**dy valium before the call ended!!! awaiting result of interview on friday...cant wait!!

Can you get santioned if your advisor calls and you don`t answer her call or call her back because mine called while i was in the toilet but i haven`t called her back?

no they can't yet!! but no doubt coming to the uk soon....anyway you could have been traipsing round local business' looking for work...you are not at their beck and call just because they decide to ring

5hours at a fu****ng job interview for £6.30 an hour playing a headless chicken in a call centre.....15 of us sat like lemmings in a large room, whilst some guy with the most monotone voice I have ever had the pleasure of hearing, informing us how wonderful the company was to work for blah blah blah, and how he had just started on recruitment today, after being 'on the phones' for 9 months....they probably promoted him, cos if i rang and got him i'd have been on bl**dy valium before the call ended!!! awaiting result of interview on friday...cant wait!!

5 hours jeez!!!! yeah but for £6.30 an hour good luck with that one......a thankless job

wouldn't have minded but the actual face to face interview lasted 15 mins....why do companies seem to think that sitting in a room for hours on end, listening to some berk give a disjointed presentation, on how wonderful they all are, adds to the process, could have been in there for the 15 mins the actual interview was for and gone home.....5 hours, what a joke!! though face to face went well, but u never know....and yeah call centre work is thankless, worked for one in the past, this one not a lot of hassle...breakdowns booking only

no they can't yet!! but no doubt coming to the uk soon....anyway you could have been traipsing round local business' looking for work...you are not at their beck and call just because they decide to ring

Thats what i was thinking. If she wants to get in touch. send me a letter. otherwise i`ll see her at my next appointemnt.

if charities were stupid enough to get involved with these 'spivs' and have now got their fingers burnt then more fool them...however, on another level a lot of charities do some really good work both in the uk and further afield, and think some of them were taken for a ride with this scheme.....it was obvious from the start of the depression that this was never going to work, and was simply a distribution of public funds into someone else' pocket...the british public ought to wake up and realise these **** are actually bigger 'dole scroungers' than the small minority of people that were actually playing the system.....100's of millions of pounds have been poured into these companies, at what i would hazard is very little return for the money....it would make interesting reading how much this has cost 'per job' that the providers have managed to get people in to work...and that doesnt include the amount of jobs they have created in their own overblown business

if charities were stupid enough to get involved with these 'spivs' and have now got their fingers burnt then more fool them
Greed pure and simple, they saw what they thought might be an easy gravy train and bought tickets, I am really getting fed up and sick to death with so called charities that don't seem to embrace anything charitable.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

i totally agree osdset, they looked at it as a purely business venture, no thought to the misery and plight of the unemployed, simply a way to line their pockets, i hope that more and more of them realise the 'pup' they have bought...

Do agencies phone you up about jobs they have for you?

That's the way it normally works, what a lot of agencies do now is advertise non existent jobs to fill the books with jobseekers, if you're not getting calls it might be that you have dropped down the ever expanding list, or more probably the agencies simply haven't got any jobs to offer out.

yep, registering with an agency now is probably a complete an utter waste of time...but providers of w2w will still tell you to do so....saves them helping you by giving you all the 'hidden jobs' they allegedly get in on a daily basis...if that was the case, reading the figures where chris grayling says that w2w have 'helped' over 20% of their clients back into work...er chris that leaves 80% that they havent....but it sounded good when in front of committee about cost effectiveness of these public money distribution schemes

The 3 agencies my adviser recommended i join don`t even get warehouse jobs which is what im looking for. It would be a waste of time joining them. they seem to deal more in jobs for people with experience, so I won`t take up her recommendation. If i have to join them then she should have stated that.

Most employers prefer experienced applicants, sometimes you just have to 'wing it', so long as it's not driving a forklift, I don't reckon there's much to warehouse work that you could not get your head around within a day or so. Tell a few white lies if it gets you through the door.

Most employers prefer experienced applicants, sometimes you just have to 'wing it', so long as it's not driving a forklift, I don't reckon there's much to warehouse work that you could not get your head around within a day or so. Tell a few white lies if it gets you through the door.

References are the main problem. Most ask for 2 work ones and i can`t. Even my adviser admits it will be hard for me, like i need her to tell me that.

Where do i stand on recording my interview at ingeus? I have just had an appointment where i told my advisor i wanted to record this interview. She stated i could not record in public so i then asked to go in a private room. Which she declined to do. So basically she is denying my right to record what happens in interview. I kept my phone on anyway and recorded what she said. We also had another person sitting there taking short hand notes of the interview today. Am i right in thinking that i am allowed to record all interviews and they must allow me a private room to record in?

Where do i stand on recording my interview at ingeus? I have just had an appointment where i told my advisor i wanted to record this interview. She stated i could not record in public so i then asked to go in a private room. Which she declined to do. So basically she is denying my right to record what happens in interview. I kept my phone on anyway and recorded what she said. We also had another person sitting there taking short hand notes of the interview today. Am i right in thinking that i am allowed to record all interviews and they must allow me a private room to record in?

You have every right to record. It is their responsibility to ensure privacy. Full details here:

http://unemploymentmovement.com/forum/welfare-to-work/943-dwp-guidance-re-recordings-by-claimants

See the NHS recordings thread as it's perfectly legal. If you want a good concealable recorded/music player I'm plugging this atm http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?256545-Audio-recording-your-consultations-with-NHS-doctors&p=4005491&viewfull=1#post4005491

I own one and it's amazing for under clothing recording plus nobody gives it a second look as you press record and remove the earpohne from you ear. I clip mine front jeans pocket under a very thing cotton t-shirt and it's clear as a bell. I mean really clean and crip saved me a few times now this thing has :high5: