Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

there are 6 tips to being on the work programme that everyone should know

1. record every word of every meeting with your advisor

2. do not sign the consent for release of personal data forms

3. do not allow them to keep either a paper or digital copy of cv

4. do not give them your home or mobile phone number

5. do not let them know you have internet access at home

6. dont let them 'up' your jobseekers agreement

link here on how to deal with WP

http://unemploymentmovement.com/forum/welfare-to-work/756-six-tips-on-work-program-survival

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

ok have you signed one of their stupid 'action plans' and consent forms? if you have they could say that they told you to do this and you could face a sanction if you dont comply, in theory if you have signed nothing the only thing they can do is ask you to do whatever is on your jobseekers agreement...which is apply for so many jobs per week....from the letter it looks 3 activities YOU HAVE TO PERFORM

the only form i remember signing was at the job centre when i was being reffered to the WP 12 month ago. since then they haven`t said can you sign this form or at least not that im aware of.

They did say im on the action plan or phase 3 at that time. No idea what phase im on now but i didn`t sign anything. My advisor just stated this is what im on.

Its confusing. On the letter she gave me its says 3 activites you have to perform. one to send out CV and marketing letter, two "i would recommend that matt looks at joining the local agencies. three to send out 5 spec letters a week. These are mandatory. I understand one and three but she is recommending i join them agencies. She doesn`t say i must join.

Hi Matty.

There are very specific rules regarding mandation. From memory one of the rules is that only one action can be on one MAN (Mandatory Activity Notification). It would appear that even if the letter you have conforms in all other respects to the rules - and is therefore a MAN it fails on the above test. Thus failure to conform should not be a valid cause of a sanction (though no doubt the pimp would try).

See: Dwp guide to providers here :

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/wp-pg-chapter-3a.pdf

Para 9 of which states:

Irrespective of your model you must issue a separate MAN for each activity and it must be clear on the notification that the activity is mandatory

She is just being lazy or incompetant and trying to get 3 activities on one letter/MAN!!!

My advisor give me a minimum amount of jobs to apply for. She said we`ll start of with 4 actual jobs and 5 spec letters but she did say that would increase. most of hers are sending out 40 letters a week. I assume its 20 specs and 20 actual jobs with cv. touble is i can`t find 20 jobs that fit my skill set and i can`t apply for jobs that require experience otherwise she will say am applying for jobs knowing i won`t get them which isn`t true.

My advisor give me a minimum amount of jobs to apply for. She said we`ll start of with 4 actual jobs and 5 spec letters but she did say that would increase. most of hers are sending out 40 letters a week. I assume its 20 specs and 20 actual jobs with cv. touble is i can`t find 20 jobs that fit my skill set and i can`t apply for jobs that require experience otherwise she will say am applying for jobs knowing i won`t get them which isn`t true.
catch 22 your damned if you do..and damned if you don't...the only thing that should take precedent unless you have 'signed away your rights' is your jobseekers agreement

catch 22 your damned if you do..and damned if you don't...the only thing that should take precedent unless you have 'signed away your rights' is your jobseekers agreement

Well they say because the JC have reffered me to them. Im with them. The only thing i go to JC for is just to sign on which is why the Jc hardly ever ask about my job search. Im gonna ask JC about it though.

your agreement for applying for work should rest with the JC, you need to do nor no less in order to be able to get your pittance from the state.....unless you have signed 'action plans' 'consent forms' etc with the pimps then the only thing you have to comply with is your JC agreement

Hi Matty.

There are very specific rules regarding mandation. From memory one of the rules is that only one action can be on one MAN (Mandatory Activity Notification). It would appear that even if the letter you have conforms in all other respects to the rules - and is therefore a MAN it fails on the above test. Thus failure to conform should not be a valid cause of a sanction (though no doubt the pimp would try).

See: Dwp guide to providers here :

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/wp-pg-chapter-3a.pdf

Para 9 of which states:

Irrespective of your model you must issue a separate MAN for each activity and it must be clear on the notification that the activity is mandatory

She is just being lazy or incompetant and trying to get 3 activities on one letter/MAN!!!

This is the actual wording of it.

Your activites for your next appointment are:

1: Matthew is to use his CV and marketing letter to speculate for warehouseing/packing vacancies.

2: I would recommend that matthew looks at joining at the local agencies: Advantage, major recruitment, network recruitment.

3: I would also like matthew to send out 5 speculative applications a week and apply for 4 jobs a week.

That's 3 activities!

There's no specification of the evidence you should provide. So that's just 2 reasons why the mandation hasn't been done correctly (there's probably more!). The wording is weird! e.g. "recommend" and "like".

This is just a pimp wish list and can be ignored. It is not a valid MAN.

That's 3 activities!

There's no specification of the evidence you should provide. So that's just 2 reasons why the mandation hasn't been done correctly (there's probably more!). The wording is weird! e.g. "recommend" and "like".

This is just a pimp wish list and can be ignored. It is not a valid MAN.

it does say further down. This is a mandatory appointment. if you do not undertake the activites required in this notification your benefits could be affected.

if you fail to take part and DWP decide that your jobseeker`s allounce should be sanctioned. your benefit will be stopped and you will lose national insurance credits. and then he goes into detail.

If you can't find suitable jobs, you can't apply for them. When I was with the job centre, I mentioned this. I was told not to worry and just write I couldn't find anything.

If you can't find suitable jobs, you can't apply for them. When I was with the job centre, I mentioned this. I was told not to worry and just write I couldn't find anything.

My advisor seems to contradict herself. first she says because of my poor work history ie none it will be difficult but then says i should be able to reach my job target she sets me. 4 is ok but its gonna go up to 10 and 20 and she expects me to find them. i don`t even know what jobs she wants me to apply for. i told her i was looking at warehouse work but don`t know if she wants me to apply for just that or any.

I think she wanted me to actually go into the places. advantage, major and network recruitment are the ones she said. don`t think i can join these online. Im reluctant because i would rather have a more permanent job. Also she said in my cv tailoring course to everyone that we should avoid agencies. Talk about mixed messages.

Given that a proportion of W2W Administtration Clerks may have previously been employed by lower class of agency (normally on the High Street), rather than the Executive Outsourcing Consulting type of agency, it is not surprising that they may well have a high estimation of their abilities. However, candidates don't need to seek an audience with a postman or postwoman in order to post a letter, and candidates don't need to waste time seeking an audience with some Agency Clerk simply for a CV to be passed onto an employer - where that employer may well received 100's of resume's from different agencies for the same job.

If you see an agency job which requires you to send a CV by email, then that is all that you need to do.... send a CV for the attention of the employer. However, agency clerks are, by definition, clerks, and not HR Consultant (despite this term being being on their name badge).

one thing i don`t get from letter is she wants me to apply for a specific area of job so i said warehouse work. but what does she mean for activity number 3. to me it means any job which kinda goes against what she told me.

1: Matthew is to use his CV and marketing letter to speculate for warehouseing/packing vacancies.

3: I would also like matthew to send out 5 speculative applications a week and apply for 4 jobs a week.

one thing i don`t get from letter is she wants me to apply for a specific area of job so i said warehouse work. but what does she mean for activity number 3. to me it means any job which kinda goes against what she told me.

I would read that as send out 5 speculative applications (for warehousing/packing) and apply for 4 jobs doing the same, that's of course if you can find 4 suitable vacancy's. I suppose if I had to do that I would grab a copy of the Yellow pages and work my way through writing identical 'gissajob' letters to all the warehouses and packing firms.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I would read that as send out 5 speculative applications (for warehousing/packing) and apply for 4 jobs doing the same, that's of course if you can find 4 suitable vacancy's. I suppose if I had to do that I would grab a copy of the Yellow pages and work my way through writing identical 'gissajob' letters to all the warehouses and packing firms.

I would have thought the first one covers that though. Since marketing letter and spec letter are one in the same.

something along the lines of....dear sir, i am pleb (see govt minister definition) looking desperately for employment, i am willing to work each and every hour of the day for peanuts, if you could find your way to giving me a job i will be eternally grateful x x x

something along the lines of....dear sir, i am pleb (see govt minister definition) looking desperately for employment, i am willing to work each and every hour of the day for peanuts, if you could find your way to giving me a job i will be eternally grateful x x x

Ah, but the OP cannot cite the govt minister definition because that refers to a 'plod' pleb, and makes no mention of an 'unwaged' pleb,

I quite like being a pleb it has a certain ring to it, are the children of plebs called pleblings?