• Tweets

• Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil National Business Centre   Name of the Claimant ? JC INTERNATIONAL AQUISITION   How many defendant's  joint or self ? Self   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 22 May 2024   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? The def owes the claimant £300 in respect of gas and electricity charges supplied by OVO. Debt was assigned to the claimant with notice given to the def. Despite formal demand the def has failed to pay the debt and the claimant claims £300  and further claims interest pursuant to s69 of the CCA 1984.   What is the total value of the claim? £385   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Energy debt   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Moved home and they were the current energy supplier    Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax/Etc...) ? No   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt assigned to JC International   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not sure probably  Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Again can't remember but probably    Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No   Why did you cease payments? Changed supplier   What was the date of your last payment? Never    Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No  
    • Their FAQs state - Cancellations and modifications If your booking has been cancelled, Booking.com refunds you immediately. The processing time may take 7 to 10 days and depends on your bank. If you have questions, contact your bank directly. I'm a regular Booking.com and AirBnB user.  The former have never cancelled.  The latter have and my money was refunded immediately (not that that helps you as we're not talking about AirBnB!) Best to check with your bank and see (a) if you did pay in advance and (b) if it has been refunded. Also, have you received a message from Booking.com officially stating the cancellation?
    • I'm not up to date with the Legal Aid rules but I'm not sure that many people qualify. HB
    • You question timescales a bit in thread - From my experience, defaulting everything and ignoring all non PAP letters, while making no payments: - 18 months to LOC - further 18 months to be at court Most are still silent 3 years in though!. If making token payments, court, if ever would be 4-5-6 years from now - Hope that helps. My debt is similar, I started it 2021 and wouldn't believe I'm already over half way through default period. You need to make the decisions but follow advice already given in this thread, and you will be fine. Best time to plant a tree was yesterday, second best time is today. Good luck BT  
    • ah ok honeybee, no harm intended - I'll do that, I wonder whether there's any benefit to be had by applying for legal Aid as opposed to NWNF, it's about 6 months since this incident took place, so time to get the ball rolling
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Child Poverty Action Group have written to the DWP querying guidance given to JCP staff:

http://www.cpag.org.uk/sites/default/files/CPAG-letter-Reilly-and-Wilson-Feb-13.pdf

The message is clear:

If you have been sanctioned whilst on one of these vile schemes (including the WP but not MWA) you need to put in an appeal ASAP. If you need help go see a legal aid solicitor. Don't delay as Legal Aid is soon to be stopped for such cases.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No criteria under Regulations 19 (5)(7) satisfied[/i]

To silv.surfer,

I discovered your article regarding some letter which you received from the DWP and in this letter was a paragraph saying “No criteria under Regulations 19 (5)(7) satisfied”

I was curious if you attained a satisfactory result in the end?

My flat mate has been through a similar dilemma and received a letter which also states No criteria under Regulations 19 (5)(7) satisfied.

My flatmate was unjustly sanctioned by the job centre roughly 4 months ago and wouldn’t be entitle to claim job benefits for up to 6 months, but she did have the right to appeal.

When she appealed my flatmate was actually successful, but it took 4 months for the job centre to agree this.

My flatmate belives she shouldn’t have been sanctioned in the first place and the job centres judgment was unreasonable.

For four months my flatmate had no benefits to help support her and this placed a large financial burden upon her.

She’s tried to claim back money which she lost over a four month period, but the job centre will not pay.

It seems somewhat contradictory that the job centre agreed to her appeal, but won’t pay back the money she lost.

Is there any advice you might be able to give?

Yours Sincerely 33crazydude

P.S, Below is a link which shows the letter she received from the DWP.

http://postimage.org/image/8tzl7ra8l/

@33crazydude

I suggest that your flatmate get all correspondence and make an appointment with a legal aid solicitor asap.

Hi Bakatcha,

You’re totally correct, I keep telling my flatmate she needs to take the legal path, but for some reason she thinks its more prudent to wait for the job centre to contact her back and clarify what Regulations 19 (5)(7) means!

I have told my landlady she's wasting her time and needs to go down the legal rd because Time is of the essence!

Thanks for your advice Bakatcha and can you recommend any particular solicitors she should look for.

Yours Sincerely 33crazydude

Well, some of you might have seen my despairing post in the last page, about how much they waste our time? Yesterday just took the cake though. As I stated they wanted me to see an adviser in their building so they could discuss a potential contact center job. This building is a lot further away from my local ingeus building, so after spending the morning getting ready, hair done etc, bus travel for 40-45 minutes just to get there, only to be told to my face that because I've already worked in this particular place a couple of years ago, I can't apply again for 3 years since last working there. I waited half an hour to be seen to after the travelling just to be told this. I honestly felt like crying. I'm clearly doing my bit, but they're not even meeting me halfway. Not even a quarter of the way! They just don't give a damn! so that was that, another 40-45 minutes back down the road for nothing. I've had enough now. Can anyone confirm that removing data protection will make them leave you alone a bit more? I'm strongly considering it. Not just after yesterday's events but because of numerous reasons. one of them being I don't like being stalked after securing employment for 2 years. whether they help me land a job (unlikely) or not. Another reason being that this persistent time wasting of theirs is hindering my job search significantly. That was a good few hours yesterday down the drain when I could have been seeking employment!!! Once more, sorry for the rant, I know many of you are going through the same thing but no one really understands if they haven't been in that position before, you guys have. It's depressing :(

Withdrawing consent tends to make you less attractive to them since they are unlikely to get any more money out of you. This in turn tends to make them less likely to harass you' It's easy to withdraw consent - just use the letter template provided by consent.me or something like this:

Re: Data waiver agreement under the Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir or Madam,

As you are aware I have signed the data waiver/consent form thus authorising PIMPO to share my data with other bodies including potential and actual employers. You should also be aware that I have the right to withdraw this consent at any time without giving reasons or explanations.

I understand that such withdrawal does not effect my placement on the Work Programme or any employment or offer of employment made.

Please take this letter as notification of the withdrawal of my consent with immediate effect and alter your records to show that my data sharing consent has been withdrawn. Please sign and date the copy of this letter to acknowledge that it has been received by YYYY Ltd. and my instructions will be acted upon.

Yours sincerely,

I acknowledge receipt of the withdrawal of consent and confirm that it will be acted upon without delay.

Signed :……………………………. on behalf of YYYY Ltd.

Name:

Job Description:

Don't worry if they refuse to sign to acknowledge it - it's still valid.

Keep a copy.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Aside from the fact that the plebs have wasted your time... I fail to see the logic of any employer barring an applicant from any Call Centre Vacancy, not on the basis of a criminal conviction of financial irregularity, but because they had worked within the Call Centre previously and are barred for 3 years.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Yeah 33, that would be most helpful, I acknowledge that it doesn't make anyone immune from these people but if it can get them to back off a little bit and not waste my time anymore while I'm trying to seek employment, it would be awesome at this stage! Edit: Thanks to Bakatcha for the details as well, any more advice on the issue from 33 or anyone else would be most helpful. Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement, it's more than I get from Ingeus, which is the most shameful aspect of all this!

Another journalist wants to hear from you

"Have you been on the Government’s Work Programme but found it didn’t help them get a job? Email [email protected]This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it "

Again from twitter so no more information twitter

The Child Poverty Action Group have produced a wording for everyone unlawfully sanctioned under the old (quashed) regs. Go to their site here

http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/sanction-busting-part-2 and follow the link in top right.

or go straight to the document here:

http://www.cpag.org.uk/sites/all/modules/contrib/pubdlcnt/pubdlcnt.php?file=/sites/default/files/NOTICE%20OF%20APPEAL-%20Reilly%20and%20Wilson%20LOOKALIKE_0.doc&nid=1336

The Child Poverty Action Group have written to the DWP querying guidance given to JCP staff:

http://www.cpag.org.uk/sites/default/files/CPAG-letter-Reilly-and-Wilson-Feb-13.pdf

The message is clear:

If you have been sanctioned whilst on one of these vile schemes (including the WP but not MWA) you need to put in an appeal ASAP. If you need help go see a legal aid solicitor. Don't delay as Legal Aid is soon to be stopped for such cases.

Do you know why as legal aid would be best for people who are unemployed etc

it all sounds a complete hash...how long are people on the work programme before they are returned to the jc, for whatever happens next?

WP is two years from the date you are sentenced to it

To call it a complete hash is a massive understatement unfortunately

With all of the **** they pull like focussing on the most likely and sanctions etc it's horrendous

Plus it's stupid that they get to be told about jobsearch as I can understand the jobcentre but why the pimps?

I dread If I get sent .....nearest one is really awkward to get to by public transport and the fairs are high, approx. £10 return, country busses etc....and I have no car. I went in there once with a family member for their first appt, what a depressing place, and a right bunch of numbskulls running it.....worrying to say the least.

Well, some of you might have seen my despairing post in the last page, about how much they waste our time? Yesterday just took the cake though. As I stated they wanted me to see an adviser in their building so they could discuss a potential contact center job. This building is a lot further away from my local ingeus building, so after spending the morning getting ready, hair done etc, bus travel for 40-45 minutes just to get there, only to be told to my face that because I've already worked in this particular place a couple of years ago, I can't apply again for 3 years since last working there. I waited half an hour to be seen to after the travelling just to be told this. I honestly felt like crying. I'm clearly doing my bit, but they're not even meeting me halfway. Not even a quarter of the way! They just don't give a damn! so that was that, another 40-45 minutes back down the road for nothing. I've had enough now. Can anyone confirm that removing data protection will make them leave you alone a bit more? I'm strongly considering it. Not just after yesterday's events but because of numerous reasons. one of them being I don't like being stalked after securing employment for 2 years. whether they help me land a job (unlikely) or not. Another reason being that this persistent time wasting of theirs is hindering my job search significantly. That was a good few hours yesterday down the drain when I could have been seeking employment!!! Once more, sorry for the rant, I know many of you are going through the same thing but no one really understands if they haven't been in that position before, you guys have. It's depressing :(

hi vv89 - you poor thing, i thought i had it bad at ingeus but in your case they are certainly going above and beyond to make themselves look incompetent - i've been considering withdrawing my consent too as it'll hopefully get them off my back - i bet my adviser will be giving me evils but i dont care - i certainly don't intend to do any more ingeus courses after this "skills for employment" thing as it's just pointless, pointless, pointless - does anyone know if withdrawing my consent means they can't sign me up for anymore courses? they'll just leave me alone to find a job?

Do you know why as legal aid would be best for people who are unemployed etc

Legal aid is being stopped as government policy (for employment claims). Supposedly this is to save money but it deprives the most needy of legal advice and representation.

Tories! Don't you just love 'em?

it all sounds a complete hash...how long are people on the work programme before they are returned to the jc, for whatever happens next?

Two years....however, as to what happens next, that has yet to be decided upon. Either JCP will mandate candidates back to the WP, or be assigned to MWA, or will be prompted to sign a "Universal Credit Commitment" within which a Job Seekers Direction could include Voluntary Work of x hours per week or MWA.

Aside from the fact that the plebs have wasted your time... I fail to see the logic of any employer barring an applicant from any Call Centre Vacancy, not on the basis of a criminal conviction of financial irregularity, but because they had worked within the Call Centre previously and are barred for 3 years.

Or was the ingeus adviser telling him he couldn't apply because they don't get a job outcome payment if you've worker for the employer within the last so many years - if so this should be reported.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

A wild guess... anything to do with a redundancy payment and/or exit agreement from the previous period of employment? But even so... three years?

Legal aid is being stopped as government policy (for employment claims). Supposedly this is to save money but it deprives the most needy of legal advice and representation.

Tories! Don't you just love 'em?

Under the last rabble, Charles Falconer introduced legislation which introduced "Community Legal Advice Centres" and, at a local level, the existing network of Citizens Advice Bureau and Legal Aid Centres (amongst others) were invited to bid for local authority funding. In the case of Hull, A4E won the contract, and the local Legal Aid Centre closed.

http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2008/05/28/poverty-pimps-march-on-a4e-close-local-law-centre/

Devising an Omnishambolic Portfolio of Policies isn't a Conservative Religion .

Under the last rabble, Charles Falconer introduced legislation which introduced "Community Legal Advice Centres" and, at a local level, the existing network of Citizens Advice Bureau and Legal Aid Centres (amongst others) were invited to bid for local authority funding. In the case of Hull, A4E won the contract, and the local Legal Aid Centre closed.

http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2008/05/28/poverty-pimps-march-on-a4e-close-local-law-centre/

Devising an Omnishambolic Portfolio of Policies isn't a Conservative Religion .

Yes some awful places won the contracts, including firms of solicitors who would put the legal aid benefit work onto the trainees who did often appalling work - had to mop up a couple of cases from people who'd been with one of these firms then moved into our area - where luckily we kept our contract. Anyone on this forum could do a better job than workers at some of these crappy firms.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop