NHS Trust PCN (The Leeds Teaching Hospitals) employee - parking in loading bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening

I am an NHS employee at St James's Hospital Leeds, and often park on weekends/bank holidays behind the building in which I work.

There are no parking spaces, however there is a loading bay which the building holds one permit for.

When I arrived, road works were blocking the bay stopping me from parking where I normally do.

I was dropping work off (human tissue so have to park next to building), I parked next to the bay in an area clearly signposted 'no parking' (sadly) with double yellow lines on.

I was 10 minutes.

When I returned I had a £20 Parking Charge Notice reason: 'Parking in front of loading bay or fire exit'.

As I was parking for work business I am absolutely loathed to pay the thing.

I know it was my fault for parking on double yellows, but what else was I supposed to do?

There's nowhere else on site I can park without having to pay which I really shouldn't have to do as the whole reason for having a permit for the bay is so we don't have to do that!

Also, although it sounds bad that I parked on double yellows, the place I parked in is actually for vans parking in the week for 10 minutes and dropping parcels off.

Which is exactly what I was doing.

Do I have any sort of case here?

Thanks!

Is it worth appealing then?

My car is registered to my parents address, I'm worried that if I get caught up in a tangle with owing money's, it would be them that got bailiffs etc.

The £20 rises to £60 after 14 days, however if I make an appeal within 14 days it gets frozen at £20.

Do I appeal and know that they then have my Leeds address and details on file, or do I ignore and risk them going to dvla and hassling my parents address? Hmm...

Agree with the above advice. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AT ALL should you contact them. Do NOT write, phone or anything else. You have a worthless invoice which you can completely ignore.

There is no 'appeal'. That is just a ruse to get your contact details, rather than them paying DVLA £2.50 to get them - which they will by the way.

Nobody has EVER won any of these 'appeals'.

You WILL get letters, increasingly scary sounding with words like ' Debt' or 'Court' written in them. All scare tactics and again do not make the fatal mistake of even responding.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

• dx100uk changed the title to NHS Trust PCN (The Leeds Teaching Hospitals) employee - parking in loading bay