Private Parking Ticket Example and fighting this charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Parking Ticket 1.jpg

As per Bankfodders request, here is an example of a 'Fixed Penalty Charge' that was left on my car on Friday night.

I am planning on writing to the company involved and asking them to resolve this with the driver, and let them lead their own investigations as to finding out who the driver was.

I'm just a little concerned about the company calling in a debt collection agency or potentially being taken to county court, so was just wondering if it was possible to say that the debt was being disputed and that it was up to the private company to resolve any issues with the driver direct.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to what I can potentially do, or would it be easier to pay the 'fine'?

Parking Ticket 2.jpg

Edited by danm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to what I can potentially do, or would it be easier to pay the 'fine'?

firstly this is not a FINE it is an INVOICE,

basicly they are requesting you pay them a sum of money.

DO NOT CONTACT THEM, don't write them, don't phone them, just do nothing

there are 3 simple steps to this [problem]

1. ignore

2. ignore some more

3. ignore alot more

they will send you some threatogram's for a while but just follow the 3 steps and you will be fine

Edited by wackyone
adding info

in reply to your other post about this.

they may well pass this to a debt collection agency but it is really just someone sitting at the next desk to them, the dca may threaten all sorts of action but never carry any of it out, just read the letters you get very carefully and you will see they "MAY" and "COULD" take you to court, or send bailiffs round. dont worry they wont.

do not worry as this is just bluff and bluster, they are more scared of the courts than you are so they dont go there

if and it is a really big if they do decide to risk facing the courts then come back on here and someone will be able to give a defence that will send them packing without any more worry/stress on your part.

if you do get worried at any time just post back on here and someone will help you.

The thing to bear in mind is that the only person who could be lawfully pursued is the driver of the vehicle at the time. As the company rely on contract law this is the only person who could possibly have ever entered into a contract (that is assuming that it was possible for him or her to have entered into a contract or that they actually did). At this stage the company will not have any evidence of who the driver was - that is why they have written to you as the registered keeper - and rely on the normal reaction of people making them write in appeal or to complain. Inevitably, such letters of appeal or complaint divulge the identity of the driver and the PPC then have all the evidence they require. This is why the basic advice is to ignore.

The company may bluster all they like but the only people bound by a contract are those who entered into it. Being the registered keeper of the car the driver of which is purported to have entered into a contract ain't going to cut the mustard in front of a judge - and the PPC's (Private Parking Companies) know it. Therefore ignore all of their blandishments and do not worry. If, by some remote possibility the company think you are good for a punt - and issue a county court claim (some have been known to send fake papers out by post in an effort to frighten recipients) then come back here for further, detailed and proven advice.

Ignore, it is just waste paper designed to mimic a real parking ticket as issued by the council

Expect letters from a supposed debt collector (PPC is disguise number 1) and a solicitor (ppc in disguise number 2)

Some of these will have red ink and capital letters for that extra scary touch. Their system works on making their potential victim think they have done some wrong and paying out an unjustified amount for absolutely nothing.

Relax and get on with your life as you have found this forum and not fallen for their silly little scheme.

I and many others on this forum have drawers full of their scrap paper and have gone so far as to request they take the matter to court but have yet to be accommodated in this.

If you don't fall for it they will give up after a few letters and move onto another target so try to deprive them of this and tell everyone you know about this

• 1 month later...

re: parking charges

hi i have had a parking charge notice from parking eye regarding parking in a permit only part of the car park,i have done everything that people have mentioned on here about not relplying etc etc i have now recieved my 3rd letter from a debt collector stating that they are aware of anecdotal information via the internet and on various websites, they suggest that i refer to the civil procedure rules part 31 and more specicaly parts 31.16 and 31.17. can anyone shed any light regarding these rules please. thanks..

It's another tactic which they hope will worry you into paying. Since you know this type of thing is coming, you know not to fall for it.

The question is - what have they actually done about this alleged debt? The answer is: sent you another letter.

Always the same. Expect another at some point.

And another

And another

And maybe one with scary red ink

then another

Then one from a 'solicitor' but really the type of 'soliciting' that a prostitute does - trying to get money for being a big TART. Allegedly. :)

Then another in BIG BOLD LETTERS

Then another

And.......

G & M

Thank you for the link. Frankly, this is awful and in fact, would APPEAR to be a cunning way to extract £1 from every caller !! Also, from the press article it would appear to be saying that the OPERATOR will make contact with the person with the mobile phone to ask THEM whether they wished to receive a call from MR X. Assuming that the person said NO, then I was trying to understand whether the person making the enquiry is still charged £1. If so, very clever indeed.

However, this would not explain how this parking company obtained the mobile number.

I received a parking charge notice for Euro car parks, i followed the advice on hear and ignored the next two letters, then i wrote and a told them i was not the driver and considered this harassment.

3 months later i have received another letter saying their legal department has assessed my file and consider my account viable for litigation and will recommend to their client that legal proceedings be issued forthwith.

The charge went up from £90 to £119.38 but now they say if i pay within seven days they will accept £90

Should i continue to ignore these letters or are they likely to follow this up with a County Court Judgment.

They keep threating that may affect my credit rating.

You can safely continue to ignore these fools. Euro Car Parks won't take you to court.

Private companies can't hand out CCJs. These are only issued by a court if they file a claim (very unlikely), you lose (extremely unlikely) and subsequently don't pay up.

Unless you receive actual court papers through the post, do nothing.

G & M

Thank you for the link. Frankly, this is awful and in fact, would APPEAR to be a cunning way to extract £1 from every caller !! Also, from the press article it would appear to be saying that the OPERATOR will make contact with the person with the mobile phone to ask THEM whether they wished to receive a call from MR X. Assuming that the person said NO, then I was trying to understand whether the person making the enquiry is still charged £1. If so, very clever indeed.

However, this would not explain how this parking company obtained the mobile number.

That wasn't really the point of the link I was merely demonstrating that mobile databases are sold and bought for various reasons (how do you think people get cold calls or adverts in SMS?).