refund of some charges on old barclaycard debt

barbara1950
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive read on the forum here, but cant remember where now! that a DCA was chasing a debtor and subsequently he wrote to BC asking for a statement and asked for charges to be refunded. What they could be Im not sure. He got the knock back at first, but a second letter to them and he received £920 back. and they said they would let the company that bought the debt that it had now been reduced. I was just wondering if I could do the same. DOes anyone know of this please.

Hi,

Yes you can reclaim charges from a Credit Card, I've moved this thread to the Barclaycard Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

yes, you can certainly reclaim all your credit card charges. You can claim them back to 1995 and you have six years from the time that you appreciated that they were unlawful in order to claim back. This is because you are claiming the refund of money paid under a mistake. The normal six-year rule does not apply to money paid under a mistake. The six years begins from the date that you appreciated the mistake. You should claim not only the charges, that any interest which has been levied on the charges and on top of that you can apply 8% interest which is very least it would be awarded by the court and if you feel a bit more energetic, you would think about claiming restitutionary damages instead of the 8%. If the charges are really old, then you may well find that the interest has mounted up and could be quite substantial.

Hi Barbara,

First off, do you have all your old statements. If so, go through them to identify all penalty charges for late payments, missed pay'ts, over-limit fees.

If you don't have the statements, you can get the last 6 years of them from BC by sending off a SAR. See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

As always, adapt the letter to reflect your own case.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

sorry hope that didnt shound too rude! I have noticed people have had money back from the likes of Barclaycard! Does it go back to the beginning or the date of the default? Do they usually refund when challenged. There is so much info on this site. Ive been reading for hours, not sure its done my brain any good! Battered:lol:

read what is in slicks sig....

the SAR is in the library tab up the top

i wouldn't worry about lowlife

they hsve no legal powers so ignore then for now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How would they be unlawfull. It was a normal BC debt under a CCA. I know I owe it, but after reading notes on the forum see people have received charges back. I cant quite get my head around getting charges back. Do you mean late payment charges, over limit charges, but not interest? Thanks for helping.

you can reclaim any 'fee' as it is deemed an unlawful penalty charge & does not reflect their 'actual' costs - which they will not reveal

you can also reclaim the interest that have been levied against these charges being in you balance.

you readlly need to do some reading in this forum!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...