ruthbridge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was told to ask this question in here as i posted in the post place hi im new to all this joined just 1hr ago had a letter today off ruthbridge telling me to contact them they said on the phone that i owed £3000 from an agreement i made in 2002 and the last contact they had was in 2004 i cant and dont remember haveing a cti credit card or capital 1 card please help what do i do they said they will forward the agreement on to me pls help

Hello and Welcome, sid.

If you don't have a clue what they are on about, you can send them a 'prove it' letter.

Looks like Ruthbridge have got themselves a shed load of Statute Barred debts.

If you have not acknowledged this debt it will be Statute Barred,( 6 yearsicon in England and 5 in Scotland )

The debt still exists but they cannot take you to court for it, there is a letter you can send telling them this and they have to stop all collection activity.

I'd ignore them for now, see what they send, and you should never talk to them on the phone.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, welcome to the forum.

As a member of the site team states above, it is likely that the debt is statute barred. However, you need to get all your facts right first. If it is indeed SB, then their will be nothing that the DCA can do to enforce the debt, so a CCJ or bailiffs will not be an option for them.

Have you looked at your credit report recently to see if the default still exists on it?

If you follow this link to the prove it letter as Maroondevo52 mentions in his post, you can adapt it to suit http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

As with all correspondance with DCA's, you should retain proof of postage (I personally send recorded). Also you should now start a file for this, keeping all letters they send (including envelopes as proof of date receipt) and copies of letters you send.

Make it clear to them that you do not wish to speak to them on the phone and will only correspond through letter. Refuse to answer security questions if you pick up the phone. If harrassment continues then you can send them the harrasment by telephone letter in the CAG library.

Lastly, stop worrying. You are a million miles away from anything happening to you legally (even if this debt is enforcable). DCA's have no legal powers, only a court does and you are no where near to that happening

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

First post here!

Delighted to hear that Ruthbridge have bought up a load of sb debts, as this confirms what I believe and that is that the debt they have been writing to me about for the past two weeks (three letters from the two JE's) is statute barred. Found out all about these delightful people by googling them (not that I was worried for one minute!).

I am going to take utter pleasure in completing IGNORING everything they send me, will keep you posted, and hopefully this may help the more vulnerable and worried amongst the public to realise that these people can DO NOTHING apart from harrass, threat and frighten

Will keep you posted!

Yes just ignore and see what crawls out of the woodwork the JE's will no

doubt come up with a new job title and department to put the frighteners on:lol:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You might also get a phone call telling you you have won a competition and can you confirm your details.... this apparently is one of the 'newer' scams from DCA's.

Ruthbridge and their sidekicks HFO et al are trying to get as much as possible out of these duff debts... one wonders why they 'sat' on them for so long before contacting people, surely 6 years ago they would have stood a better chance of getting something back?

I wonder if the ploy is to induce a false feeling of security and to hit when

an alleged debt is or is about to become SB?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Is it to do with getting as much as possible out of the poor unsuspecting person than they legally are entitled to.... it is a [problem], pure and simple. Whoever worked out sitting on debts for 4 or more years then chasing hard and fast should be given a medal for sheer greed.

• 1 month later...

hi thanks for the advice that you offered 2 months ago,and i done what was said sit tight and wait well its arrived a short letter to contact them in 5 days, as they have not been able to contact me, this letter was a registered post letter, that was signed for by my step dad,well in the oversize envelope was just a photocopy, of pages and pages of standard credit card information, that you would normally get with any application for a credit card,there is NOT a single item in there that refers to the debt only my previous address where i lived 11 yrs ago there are no signatures, no DOB, bank details, or NI number, just boring reading matter that we would all throw in the bin what are they playing at, i have printed the statued barred letter off and i am ready to send it to them,but i thought i would wait for some more excellent advice regards mr a evans p.s i read somewhere that i should mail back via recorded delivery and send a postal order of a £1 why???????? please help

You have the situation spot on Ruthbridge are just chancers who deal in Stat barred and unenforceable debts,

it's the first time I can recall them using RD they are normally to tight and send time limited threato-gram by the slowest possible post.

They will probably claim this is reconstituted agerement but from what you describe it's more like regurgitated!!

Now send the account in dispute letter rejecting the rubbish sent toyou.

Please keep us posted to their reaction.

PS just send this normal post but get free proof of posting.

Hi HH,

Iv'e taken the p out this lot so many times on behalf of others and never been beaten they are

unprofessional threat monkeys with no idea at all.

Watch out for Jason & Julia the twin ''SHARKS' their stories are fairy tales (GRIMM):madgrin: