iuc, please please help, I Hav an anxiety disorder, this letter has caused me distres

Wizzer77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, yes i think so, tbh if i get in trouble for putting wrong address, then thats fine, i will accept that, i put it down without actually living there at the time (i will be from 1st april) i am happy to accept responsibilty for this, i am hoping that as the schools they attend arent over subscribed ones, and i did it with the intention of moving in, which i eventually did (will) and hope they are lenient on me. I accept that. Benefit fraud however scares the living crap outta me, that a) criminal conviction b)paying any money back...ive only just done bankruptcy in feb, thougt i was free with owing money.

No we dont share any finances, tho my benefits gets paid into an account he opened for me, purely cos ive just gone bankrupt and cant have my own account, u r advised to do this. As soon as i move i have been told by official receiver that i can open my own, and i will. No standing orders or dd go out of account. Ur allowed to do this in these circumstances as i checked before doing this.

Some of what DWP will look at is, time spent together, eating together, would others consider you as a couple, any holidays together.

They will look at finances, but that alone won't be proof either for or against. (some couples have septate finances)

I is back :-)

Nice enough lady. Showed me my original claim, did aknowledge that I had only given a work contract to them to start with & asked if it was my writing that stated I didn't yet have any payslips. Then showed me the copy of payslip I later took in that had the part month amount on, I said yes, she asked if I realised that housing benefit is worked out with your wages, unlike income support which is auto full benefit, I said yes but I thought it was worked out on the contract with it all there in black n white. I said who would adjust someones benefit from a contract amount to a lower amount of income? I mentioned at that point that I am wondering if they got someone in off the sreet to do my claim! She did smile at that.

Basically my dad said what she knows is your claim was messed up from the start, what she wanted to clarify is that I didn't know that & let it go on. And he said you made it perfectly clear to her that you didn't realise that.

After the tape was stopped she did say she could tell straight away that I am a strong person (at that point I chuckled & said you're kidding) and she said no, you are & you're intelligent enough to get your point across. She said it's awful when someone in this situation isn't strong & crumbles & admits to something they didn't intentionally do because they're scared, & she said that actually upsets her, because she knows it's there on tape. Hmmm I bet it really does! :!:

She did also agree with my dad after the tape stopped that the person that worked out the claim needs a different career. She asked him what he thought & he said I can see all you're saying about it, but I can also see that she gave in what she was asked for & her claim was assessed with insufficiant information. To which she agreed with.

She did ask me when the tape was on if I had received a letter stating they need another payslip, & I said no, I dont remember getting one of those & that surely if I had got one & didn't do it my benefit would have been stopped. She said not always. That's when I mentioned the duty of care fail, & I said someone at work recently had their benefit stopped because they didn't take their second payslip in, & I said I then thought 'why didn't they do that with me then?! As I wouldn't have had this hassle now!

She asked who I spoke to on the phone in the begining who had told me I will be getting full benefit, I said I dont know, but it was a man, she also said she could find out who did the claim anyway, so like my dad said, she already knows who it was & they're probably not there anymore.

I also said the benefit system is way too complex, I cant deal with it, that's why I will not claim it anymore, & until work up my hours next month I am managing just about ok, had to cancel the home contents insurance, dog insurance & advantage gold account as that was 13 quid a month. But me & the kids are managing. And because I upped my loan have a bit left in the bank for emergencies. She did say they are going to simplify the benefit system at some point soon. The fact I have paid it back too has gone in my favour she said.

Then as me & dad were going out the door she started talking to him about Spurs result last night, as she noticed his spurs ring lol

So all in all it isn't quite as bad as you will be imagining it to be. And hopefully you will have a normal person!

I didn't get a tape though & she didn't ask me to sign the seal on the one they keep for evidence. But I think I can get a copy if I want one.

But she put across that this will probably be the end of it. Just got to wait n see now. Hard to switch off from the stress, as for weeks I have been worried, so I guess it'll take some time to come back down to planet earth & still worry that it's not the end of it. But my dad said I am just being paranoid now lol

Oh & mentioned the letter coming through the door saying I may have been commiting benefit fraud being a tad harsh! She said I know, trouble is she said, we have people in here that had 50 grand in the bank & 2 houses, & there has to be a set process. But I said I think there could also be some discretion about who gets what treatment, you know, at different levels, but I guess that just cant happen.

x

So glad it worked out ok for u xx

And i'm sure it will for you tomorrow. Dont forget to let us know.

Mine isn't over until I get a decision on what happens next, caution, penalty or no further action.

Then i'll relax. Cant afford anymore now, I am stretched to the limit finantially lol

Stay strong & you'll be fine. x

Once I kno the evidence they have I will be ok :( I'm swinging between sheer panic to building up (false?) hope. I can't think about anything else, I can barely function. It's the not knowing, what if they followed me on a couple of days I was with bf? I just can't function:/ I need to kno :( this time Tomorro it'll b over n I'll kno more Wher I stand :/ good or bad I will deal with it, it's the not knowing which is crippling me :( sob sob :(

Once I kno the evidence they have I will be ok :( I'm swinging between sheer panic to building up (false?) hope. I can't think about anything else, I can barely function. It's the not knowing, what if they followed me on a couple of days I was with bf? I just can't function:/ I need to kno :( this time Tomorro it'll b over n I'll kno more Wher I stand :/ good or bad I will deal with it, it's the not knowing which is crippling me :( sob sob :(

You're saying all the things I was feeling, & what others have been feeling on this site. It's like being an elastic band you stretch to almost breaking point, then you start to think logically & think but I haven't done anything wrong so spring back for a bit! But it comes & goes in waves doesn't it.

My dad was saying to the interviewing officer earlier that people that are accused of something can get so stressed that they do start doubting themselves. He said his step daughter (his wifes daughter) had someone drive into the side of her car. He said he didn't see her, luckily there were other witnesses though, & if someone drives into your car it's obvious whos fault it is, but she even started doubting herself, did she do something wrong, when she didn't.

If you do have some Diazapam, take one an hour before you are due to be there, so atleast the drunk feeling has passed. If they affect you anything like they do me lol

I would have been a mess if I hadn't had one of those to be honest. But as I said, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I certainly wouldn't want to repeat it, but it wasn't as bad & I did have an ok lady.

I think you're gonna be ok. What time is your interview?

It is petrifying, I know. I have such a dislike for the benefits system now I just feel so sorry for the poor single parents that are being thrust out to work now when their youngest is 7, because it's a complete mind **** going from the cocoon of income support & auto full housing benefit to starting work, using childcare, having to get to know new people when you have been quite isolated at home with no adult company, & having to remember to check every input into your bank, if you do an extra hour at work you have to be down there with the payslip, if you're off sick the same, I didn't realise any of this. And there were months when I was paid loads less than others due to not getting sick pay. But I would never have thought they would pay extra towards my rent.

I was a benefit claimant nightmare waiting to happen to be frank.

And I count my lucky stars I have teenagers now & can work nights if needs be. I already start at 5am on saturdays.

Unfortunately I may get thrust onto housing benefit again one day when they bring in the new one for all intergrated system, but hopefully by then it will be council staff foolproof! lol

Yes good to hear :)

Onwards and upwards.

Still a bit worried they will want me to have a caution or penalty, both I dont want. Because I hope I put across to her I wont accept responsibility for their staff incompitance, I accepted I had been over paid & regardless of their fault & my lack of understanding of the working whilst claiming benefit system I accept it needed to be paid back. But I expect it's obvious to her if I can add an extention onto my bank loan, I sure dont need to defraud the LA for money! But it's not up to her is it. It's not over til the fat lady sings as they say!

Lets get Wizzer on this thread with good news tomorrow x

whats worse caution or penality

Both! lol Well, I guess it depends how you look at it. I think a caution is admitting guilt but agreeing to the caution so it doesn't go to court, which I am not guilty of in mine or their eyes, I hope! but can be used against you if you ever have to go to court for ANYTHING in the future, even if you are being evicted etc.

Penalty is 30% of the over payment. Do I feel like paying another 400 quid because someone failed me in their duty of care? Vulnerable single parent going into work has their first new claim messed up after being on income support for years?

So I would like neither of those, will have to wait n see x

I really cant afford to pay back any money...hence why i went bankrupt : / i have nothing, which is why i have no electric or gas half the time : / or i just choose to buyother stuff i.e food (mainly ready to eat stuff if no electric lol but u can have fresh chicken, salad, fruit, sandwiches, cakes, hams, cereal (buy one pint a day n use it every morning (store it in sink of cold water) lol i have learnt all the tricks lol or i will cook bits at bf house when he at work and take it home that evening.... Sorry getting off topic lol its suprisingly easy to live with no gas n electric half the time lol

I really cant afford to pay back any money...hence why i went bankrupt : / i have nothing, which is why i have no electric or gas half the time : / or i just choose to buyother stuff i.e food (mainly ready to eat stuff if no electric lol but u can have fresh chicken, salad, fruit, sandwiches, cakes, hams, cereal (buy one pint a day n use it every morning (store it in sink of cold water) lol i have learnt all the tricks lol or i will cook bits at bf house when he at work and take it home that evening.... Sorry getting off topic lol its suprisingly easy to live with no gas n electric half the time lol

I really have no clue what they actually look into in these investigations, so I have no idea if they would even delve that far to be honest. Not yet at least anyway. I have key metres, the shops only accept cash. Look at my bank statement & I live in a house with no gas or electric at all lol but I take 30 quid a week out the cashpoint. They could say that's for anything.

You sound very frugal/frugle...cant spell it, & my mum was like that when we were kids, you have to be dont you when you are skint! Honestly, you dont need to go into all this unless you are asked. Keep in mind that they need to produce a certain amount of evidence to be able to prosecute you. Dont lose your mind & give them any that isn't actually there.

It would be used against me that as i actually dont own a cooker, he lets me use his? I cant afford a cooker, i have a microwave, fryer, juicer, toaster and kettle and fridge. No freezer, washing machine or cooker. I get by, i have to, but now time to move my life forward which is why i went bankrupt n handed in my notice to no longer b on benefits! Cant win! I have only used his cooker for my own use (to take home) a hndful of times :/ hope that wouldnt constitute as change of circumstances lol and god forbid when we stay with him he (or i) cook for us, and may even eat out. This can b soooo politically mad! Of course others r going to view us as a couple, cos i introduce him as my bf and he to me as his gf! Why wouldnt we, i was made homeless by my ex (he was violent and i fled his home with our 2 kids n heavily preg, he also was in process of moving my supposed best friend of 15years! ) and cos i left a home i was entitled to stay in id made myself intentionally homeless :( we slept on sofas for 6months until a friend got his parents togiv my a place with no deposit etc! I moved from ther n privately rented with hb the home im in now. Sorry to ramble but i have got a very verygood reason not to jump into giving up my home without knowing it will work! I feel like im being punished for being sensible and putting my kids emotionally wellbeing (due to upheavel and upset) 1st n then as soon as i decide to take plunge, is is what happens!!!

Good news tho, have solicitor confirmed to attend interview :D

It would be used against me that as i actually dont own a cooker, he lets me use his? I cant afford a cooker, i have a microwave, fryer, juicer, toaster and kettle and fridge. No freezer, washing machine or cooker. I get by, i have to, but now time to move my life forward which is why i went bankrupt n handed in my notice to no longer b on benefits! Cant win! I have only used his cooker for my own use (to take home) a hndful of times :/ hope that wouldnt constitute as change of circumstances lol and god forbid when we stay with him he (or i) cook for us, and may even eat out. This can b soooo politically mad! Of course others r going to view us as a couple, cos i introduce him as my bf and he to me as his gf! Why wouldnt we, i was made homeless by my ex (he was violent and i fled his home with our 2 kids n heavily preg, he also was in process of moving my supposed best friend of 15years! ) and cos i left a home i was entitled to stay in id made myself intentionally homeless :( we slept on sofas for 6months until a friend got his parents togiv my a place with no deposit etc! I moved from ther n privately rented with hb the home im in now. Sorry to ramble but i have got a very verygood reason not to jump into giving up my home without knowing it will work! I feel like im being punished for being sensible and putting my kids emotionally wellbeing (due to upheavel and upset) 1st n then as soon as i decide to take plunge, is is what happens!!!

Good news tho, have solicitor confirmed to attend interview :D

That, is completely excellent news. Because the solicitor will go in the room, get the info, & relay it to you before yougo in there.

You have to stay strong here. I know what you mean about feeling punished. I felt like I had been punished for going back to work after years on income support. Didn't even have to start work then, I was bored. I used the back to work interviews to help me with the tranfer from IS to work, but I found the job myself & it's been great, until this!

My mum said it seems the good people are being punished now & the bad are getting away with it. Look at tax credits, people can hold their hands up & say they have claimed thousands more than they should have, & only have to pay it back, like they had a loan! where is their interview under caution? And their threat of a criminal record? I do personally think the universal credit they are going to bring in will benefit people. Too late for me, but if it means putting a stop to official errors, & the complete mind boggling way the benefit system works, I am all for it for the future generations that need it.

I think i feel worse cos ther soo much grey area in regards with how much time etc u can spend away from home etc, which makes it so hard. Cos although i know i dont live with him, im questioning whether will it be seen as that. If that makes sense. But all will b revealed tomorro, n camt wait to kno what they have to say to me, n any evidence they think they have. Arrrgggghhhhh roll on tomorro! Am taking some sleeping tabs tonight so i can get a decent sleep, 3 hours in 2 nights isnt helping my state of mind lol