iuc, please please help, I Hav an anxiety disorder, this letter has caused me distres

Wizzer77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's it, tried to catch me out twice, once cos for some reason official receiver put bf name down on bankruptcy website but luckily I brought a letter from them and my bankruptcy application which had my address on, also with driving with broken leg (driving my kids to school) it's my left leg n I drive auto so that deflated them abit.

LOL I bet it did! Good thinking about taking the bancrupcy stuff!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did put that down at beginning of 09 tho which is 2 years! But... The school is just alot better than the one they were at, in lots of ways, I had a welfare officer in in regards to my eldest not attending enough, cos she hated it, so they will b able to access that, I was wrong about schools n will accept punishment for this, but we didn't live together :/ but the fact that I had next to no electric doesn't look good :(

You were well prepared. I think that is half the battle. Know what you are going to say, know what info you have to back up your side and hold back on giving them too much info. :wink:

Hope fully you can get a decent night sleep tonight. Try not to worry too much about the next step until you hear back and you know what you are facing. By everything you have said, it's not a lot!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Had a letter from my childrens school the other day about my sons sixth form in sept, & noticed it was addressed to Mr & Mrs **** & remembered that all the letters from the school are addressed to both of us. We also had a joint bank account until it was closed last summer. And we split 11 years ago! I think they need a few bits of evidence to prosecute, the school thing would be possibly the only strong piece of evidence, if you did that 2 years ago, but you also have evidence to support you NOT living together, & more of it.

So I would not be thinking the worst right now hunni xxx

I don't use heating :/ my mum was always allergic to central heating :/ dunno if that possible but If she was in house with it her throat would go funny n skin blotch. Weird. So I'm used to not having it. With elec, sometimes I had it, then it would run out for few weeks ish maybe month then would Hav to save to get balance off of it :( then start again :(

I don't use heating :/ my mum was always allergic to central heating :/ dunno if that possible but If she was in house with it her throat would go funny n skin blotch. Weird. So I'm used to not having it. With elec, sometimes I had it, then it would run out for few weeks ish maybe month then would Hav to save to get balance off of it :( then start again :(

You wouldn't have electricity for weeks?

Nope :( i kno it looks so so bad :( which is why im panicking so much :( i just dunno what to do :( i dont feel any better and am hoping against hope that i wont b in trouble :( its paying the money back thats scares me more than anything, cos i have nothing! Im panicking that they would mke bf sell his house :/ cos if they think ive not been living ther for 2 years, then it comes to something like £27000 and we couldnt pay at unless he sold his house! I honestly would rather go to prison than let my bf lose his house. I kno im being ott, but can things like that happen? I just dunno what to do :( ive nevr been in any kind of trouble before :(

Ru sure? Even tho we will officially live together from 1st april? I could never afford £27000 tho :( i kno im looking at worst case scenario, but i have to, prison isnt worse for me its having to pay bk £27000! Also is ther such thing as being an accessory in such a thing? He worried abouth that

No, your boyfriends house would be safe.

If you weren't using any electric for weeks, um, yes, that doesn't look good chick.

I assume your botfriend works? Because even if they could prove you were living there for 2 years, if he was unemployed, you would be entitled to some benefits as a couple still, which would lower the over payment? There are some laws that say a partner could be an accessory if you want to call it that. Not too sure I have heard of that being pushed for a lot though. x

Yes he works, only gets £110 a week tho. He owns his house, had higher wage when brought it and now he only just manages to pay mortgage (he gets some kind of bonuses i think as he is a director of the company he works for..all very complicated. But basically he can just about afford it. On entitledto.com we would get roughgly the samein child tax credits, and get council tax benefit, which we blimmin well will NOT be taking, dont wanna b involved with council ever again! But obviously if i had to pay it back, it would b both of us suffering:/ i wonder how long they give u to pay back? I have to look at worst case scenario cos thats how i cope, i come to terms with worst case scenario and then anything that isnt as bad is a bonus lol ive always been like that...hence having alot of anxiety lol do they work out repayment plans or anything? Could prob stretch to £100-£150 a month at a struggle but thatd take years n years to bloody pay off! But i would rather that than lose my home!

Couldve gone better : / they had evidence of me changing schools which I did, hardly any use of electric, and a neighbour telling them I was hardly ever there :/ so not good really :( doesn't look good :( they sed it being sent off to a decision maker. Dunno if what I sed got me in more trouble. The lady interviewer was not very friendly after interview I sed thank u and she just looked away :/ she thinks I'm guilty! So hope she doesn't Hav a say innit!!!! I'm just so scared now and hope for best!

That proves nothing, imo. Some single parents may spend time at their parents house or with a friend. As for the school - well, there could be many reasons why someone has changed schools for their child - that doesn't always mean they're planning on moving in with someone.

As for the school - well, there could be many reasons why someone has changed schools for their child - that doesn't always mean they're planning on moving in with someone.

The OP used her BF address when schools were changed, to get in that catchment area, if she had used her own address it wouldn't be an issue.

I was more thinking about my ex's maintinence going straight into seperate account, just spoke to a friend who had to pay them back (she did actually do it and admitted it) and it was £10 a week!!!! N her bf earnt more than mine. Dont forget we get ctax credits, child benefit too, with 5 kids it adds up x

Yes, they would probably do an expenses form & work out what you can afford. If they ever tried taking too much, IF it ever got that far, then you contact the CPAG child poverty action group x

You're not already claiming the tax credits as a couple are you?

Noooo not claiming as couple, im just going on what entitledto.com said we should get, that would prob b case closed if that the case lol im so hoping it wont get that far, but i have to consider and come to terms with worst case scenrio, otherwise i would prob b dead in 4-6 weeks (when they sed i should hear back) from exhaustion or malnourishment lol

Noooo not claiming as couple, im just going on what entitledto.com said we should get, that would prob b case closed if that the case lol im so hoping it wont get that far, but i have to consider and come to terms with worst case scenrio, otherwise i would prob b dead in 4-6 weeks (when they sed i should hear back) from exhaustion or malnourishment lol

Phew! Was gonna say, noooooooo LOL Right so, if that's what you would & will be getting as a couple, it'll make all the difference to the over payment amount! LA's are not bad at taking that into account, DWP can be a bit more tricky apparently. x

My solicitor didn't even think it'd get like that so gotta b optimistic :/ well try! What's la? Dwp can only hav what we can give tho x oh so confusing! N haven't even done anything wrong! Struggled with no elec n lived on that **** estate for 2 years for bloody nothing!!!

My solicitor didn't even think it'd get like that so gotta b optimistic :/ well try! What's la? Dwp can only hav what we can give tho x oh so confusing! N haven't even done anything wrong! Struggled with no elec n lived on that **** estate for 2 years for bloody nothing!!!

LA is local authority, who pays the housing benefit/council tax benefit. Oh so it's the DWP that called you in today?

I dont think it'll come to all that either tbh, sounds like your solicitor was a gooden there.

And you'll get through this nightmare & come out the other side, with a great relationship living in a nice area, & not have to have anything to do with DWP or LA's again, you & I are the lucky ones now we're out of it. It's the poor things in the future that are stuck on welfare I feel for.

x

Dwp and la were both there, as they work together sometimes in iuc's. If u claim both. Yes im well out of it thank god! At least i havent been followed etc etc, that was my worse fear as id have to explain my movements. My bf agrees were not gonna claim ct benefit even tho we entitled as we want nothing to do with la anymore!