• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Apex credit managment calling in old lloyds overdraft debt help!!!!!!

Simplythebest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There are one or two companies who have been purchasing debts that are or nearly statute barred and are ending up with a lot of egg on their faces. The only way you will be able to confirm if it is statute barred is to telephone the original creditor and ask when the last payment was made to the account ! Please note.. that it IS from the date of the first missed payment that you starting counting the time..

Limitation clock starts ticking from when the payment is due and not paid not when they send a default notice.

We see often that CRA entries will date 5 or 6 months ahead of when the payment was missed.

People need to be sure that they aren’t being hoodwinked and that the DCA is extending limitation so they can sue when they are not allowed to.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an overdraft that had £200 limit i had used around £90 of this then changed banks and stupidly ignored the account, so intrest etc has built up overtime and as i say 99% certain havent had any activity on this acoount since 2006. so not sure if this still counts as statue barred then?

hmm, 2006.. if you are in Scotland then 5 years is the SB period.. 6 for the UK. So you really do need to be very sure.

Still no harm in sending the SB letter.. let them work for their money!!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just an update,

sent away prove it letter about a week ago,

received letter saying they still havent heard from me and would like to offer a SUBSTANTIAL DISCOUNT as they put it in letter if i contact them,

if not they will pass it on to home collections division or suggest to llyods they take legal action.

should i just send away sb letter now or make them hang on for longer!

99% certain its stattue barred but not 100%

If they are offering a substantial discount, then they are possibly not too sure of the status of the account themselves :)

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just another update,

moorcroft have sent me all my bank statements since 2002,

which shows i havent paid or taken anything out this account since 17th may 2005,

it was an overdraft and llyods have just been adding intrest on the overdraft untill nov 2010. where do i stand now?

they have put account on hold for 14 days then say may take legal action and i must reply to sort payment plan.

So just to recap i havent had any activity on this account for over 6 years but lloyds have been adding intrest up untill 2010 before calling in debt collectors.

Any advice much appreciated thanks.

Please do come back and let us know that this is sorted :)

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

Hi guys just an update on whats happening now,

well to start i sent the stattue barred letter away and moorcroft put my account on hold and said they would get back to me that was early december

and untill now havent heard anything else,

untill now i have received a letter from moorcroft today saying they contacted llyods and that they confirmed i had a £200 overdraft to which i made a payment of £40 in may 2005

and have provided the bank statement, again they say my account on hold for 2 weeks but they still want payment?

Are they just trying their luck as it is over five years since any payments made and i live in scotland,

or am i missing something?

whats my next step any ideas?

And make sure you keep their letter safe in a file somewhere - as it confirms the SB date :)

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

Hi back yet again,

this really is never ending these companys just dont give up!

sent another letter to moorcroft with stattue barred details etc start of feb

havent heard a peep since thought it was finally over,

no such luck now

received a letter from Credit Security Limited demanding payment

what is going on just seems as i get rid of one company they just pass it on!

Next step is?

According to them i have 7 days to pay which i aint gonna do.

Ok, well it looks as though these companies are acting on behalf of someone.. the original creditor by the looks of things..

I would send a statute barred letter to LTSB (as they appear to have been the original owner) AND to the latest company who have decided to pursue..

You should amend the SB letter to include something along the lines of...

"I have already received communication from 3 x DCAs in respect of this matter and have confirmed to them that this account is now statute barred. It is assumed that on returning the account to you after having been advised the matter is Statute barred and that I will neither be paying or accepting liability for this debt, that they would then have advised YOU of this fact.

Therefore your further actions in then instructing a further DCAs in this matter, amounts to harassment.

I advise again, this matter is statute barred"

etc, etc..

Send a copy to the latest crowd.

BCOBS

Hi thanks again for advice, changing the subject slightly here

but my current account is with bank of scotland i.e part of llyods banking

if they link the two accounts could they possibly offset from my bos account to pay the old llyods debt even though its stattue barred?

Worried if i contact lloyds they will take money out my bos account after i tell them iv no intention on paying!