Equita council tax bailiffs advice urgently needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i'm having a problem with equita /council tax, i now owe them £727 after paying them for the last 3 years at a rate of £20 a month,but i defaulted back in September last year and they refused to allow me back onto a payment scheme,i'm registered disabled and also on benefits.

My main problem is,i got up today to find a Form 7 put through my door listing my vehicle details and saying that they will sieze it in the next 24hrs,firstly its my car but is registered as a disabled car with a blue badge and disabled tax disc, i have not signed this form,where do i stand as for them taking it also now i have received this form would i be able to move my car somewhere else without getting into trouble.

Any help will be much apprieciated.

You are disabled and on benefits and are therefore a vulnerable person and should be able to get the council to take the debt back.

Wait for a bailiff expert to reply here but I'm pretty confident that in your circumstances the baliff action should not be taking place and the guys will help you stop it.

If your car is on Hp or mobility then they 100% cannot take it. If it's all yours I'm not to sure but I would swing towards it being unlikely they could take it.

Edited by ashmk

Hi i'm having a problem with equita /council tax, i now owe them £727 after paying them for the last 3 years at a rate of £20 a month,but i defaulted back in September last year and they refused to allow me back onto a payment scheme,i'm registered disabled and also on benefits.

In this case the Council should have been getting payment direct from your Benefits - approx £3-30 per week. Do they know about your status?

My main problem is,i got up today to find a Form 7 put through my door listing my vehicle details and saying that they will sieze it in the next 24hrs,firstly its my car but is registered as a disabled car with a blue badge and disabled tax disc, i have not signed this form,where do i stand as for them taking it also now i have received this form would i be able to move my car somewhere else without getting into trouble.

Is your vehicle through Motability? Even if not the giveaway to the bailiff is:

a - you tax disc as that is marked as such

b - do you leave your blue badge on show

You should email Equita initially informing them of your vehicle and also asking them to remove the Levy and all associated charges. You should back this up with a letter to them. See what they reply before going any further.

Any help will be much apprieciated.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In this case the Council should have been getting payment direct from your Benefits - approx £3-30 per week. Do they know about your status

Yes,they know my status,i tried everything in the early days of this debt to get them to take this back and deduct from my benefits,but to no avail.

Is your vehicle through Motability? Even if not the giveaway to the bailiff is:

a - you tax disc as that is marked as such

b - do you leave your blue badge on show

You should email Equita initially informing them of your vehicle and also asking them to remove the Levy and all associated charges. You should back this up with a letter to them. See what they reply before going any further.

My vehicle is not through motability,but is registered through D.V.L.A as disabled.

a-My tax disc does state the class as disabled.

b-I normally dont leave my blue badge on display but i have done so tonight.

I'm in the middle of contacting Equita now to advise about my vehicle and will follow up with a letter as advised.

Thanx for your help.

For your disabled satus and the fact you may be classed as "vulnerable" you should write to both Council & Bailiffs appraising them of this - you may need to enlist the help of a medical professional to back it up. You should also remind them both of the National Standards for Enforcement Agents, link to this below. Another tack to try is to contact your local Councillor and enlist their help - usual place to find them is via your Council website - in my opinion you should be able to contact them 7 days a week up until 9pm. If they are reluctant or refuse then contact the Leader of the Council or the Leader of an opposing Party. If possible invite them to your home and show them this site - many do not believe this type of thing goes on. When you write to the Council a good person to start with is the CEO copying in Head of Revenues.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you can't find your councillor on the council website, you can find them and contact them from the write to them site at www.writetothem.com

Thesr antics from councils and bailiffs with regard to disabled people is obnoxious in the extreme, and MP's should be being lobbied to end this scandal imho

try not to worry the gang on here will help you sort it out

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!