Cabot taking me to court (for mbna cc debt) but cannot provide cca ?

dekky2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Off to bed now....thanks for everybodys help so far...

Any ideas from anyone please post or pm me & i will pick through the best(with my vast knowledge !!!lol) and take it in on friday.thanks again everyone. Nite nite

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

As they've refused the 31.14 due to agreement not being mentioned in poc, what about sending a part 18 request asking them to confirm or deny that they hold a copy of the agreement?

Once they respond to that the agreement could then be requested...?

Elsa x

The trouble with this Elsa, is that no documents have been mentioned; Cabot have only referred to a "debt". A Pt. 18 is a request for further information linked to docs. mentioned in the POC.... but they haven't mentioned any!

Crafty, over-confident or mad?!.... :madgrin:

We'll decide, I think.... :lol:

This is very interesting. Surely if you are taken to court without a cca and the debt is to be proven on payment history etc then how can they prove that the interest rates they were charging etc is correct? Surely you would need a cca for that. Sorry if its a stupid question, the learning curve is steep :-)

Hi Dekky2,

I have sent you a PM, I'm quite willing to share my defence & also WS with you.

Its in PDF format so I cannot easily edit out personal details, so would rather mail it to you on the understanding that you dont share it on forums etc. purely for confidentiality reasons.

I hope thats allowed?

DC.

Hi Dekky2,

I have sent you a PM, I'm quite willing to share my defence & also WS with you.

Its in PDF format so I cannot easily edit out personal details, so would rather mail it to you on the understanding that you dont share it on forums etc. purely for confidentiality reasons.

I hope thats allowed?

DC.

thanks dc. i have had troubles with pdf's too !!

i will just write it out by hand.

Hi Dekky, I read somewhere else that you can submit another defence as long as it's within the the timescale. When has it got to by in by?

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

Hi Dekky, I read somewhere else that you can submit another defence as long as it's within the the timescale. When has it got to by in by?

gotta take the AQ in tomorrow(only a few miles ).

not been able to get onto moneyclaim.... to change anything.

Just out of interest as the POC is quite vague and it mentions no documents or proof to support their case, is it possible for the OP to ask for a strike out?

Edited by FORMISTER

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

i will be taking my ''AQ'' in tomorrow, not sealed it yet.(so if you have any ideas ???)

stating that i wish to amend my defence, giving a few reasons why.

if they will accept this, i have no idea, but i would just like to thank all that have tryed to help.

i know i have been a bit sloppy with my defending of this case so hope i hav'nt wasted all (who have helped)of your time.

if they do accept this i think i will get legal help from here on.

i will keep you all informed.

thanks again...DEKKY2

On your AQ I would also attach a Draft Order - check out PT's N149/150 AQ thread

In that draft Order you would be asking for the Claimant to be Order to submit a fully particularised POC

File an serve a true copy of the agreement relied upon

True copies of any Default Notice relied upon

Statements showing all credits and debits to the account since inception or any other way of proving the amount claimed

If the Claimant complies then the Defendant shall have a further 28 days to submit a fully particularised defence

Should the Claimant not comply then the claim will be Struck Out without further Order

or something like that - that will also cover your defence being ammended

You need to ensure you get across the fact that you have asked for the information from the claimant both informally and formal via a CPR31 request. They have ignored your requests and you can enclose the CPR reply as evidence. You can say that you think that they are obstructing you from considering the claim properly by purposely not mentioning any documents in their POC.

Sorry not very clear feeiling like cr@p today :(

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

• 5 weeks later...