West Yorkshire Parking Enforcement Issue and Payment Demand..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sis-in-law usually parks at a Sainsburys car park in Bradford, she has been issued 5 tickets or so but been advised to ignore by her friends (which she duly did, silly of her I know). Today her car was clamped and the clampers demanded £60 to remove it. She paid £60 cash to get it removed, she then rang the clamping company who demanded she pays £200 (ticket charges). She was also advised that wherever he sees her car he will clamp it until she pays off what she owes and has given her a deadline of this friday. Understandably she is terrified of this and has already paid £50 over the phone with her debit card.

The company is called West Yorkshire Parking Enforecement. Can someone please advise where she stands on this?

Hi, did your sister in law have a valid parking ticket or ensured she had not breached the PPC 'rules' when she was clamped?

If so then I'm pretty sure the clamper acted illegally and you should inform the police (though probably won't amount to much) or be prepared to take action to get your money back.

If she was parked without a ticket or in breach of their 'rules' then it's a lesson learned and nothing more as he clamper can only clamp on the property they are contracted to work on and only then if a car is parked without having met all of their 'rules'.

The answer is to ensure that she is parked legally in that car park or doesn't use it at all in the future.

Some of those with more legal knowledge may be along to advise you further but I'm sure that the clamper's threat to clamp whenever he sees her car is an empty one.

Hi, Thanks for your prompt response. It looks like she didn't actually buy a ticket and relied on the fact that she could park at the Sainsburys' free for the first two hours, students eh!

I've advised her to contact her bank and stop the payment and to not park there in the future. She is more concerned about being clamped wherever she parks in Bradford.

My sis-in-law usually parks at a Sainsburys car park in Bradford, she has been issued 5 tickets or so but been advised to ignore by her friends (which she duly did, silly of her I know). Today her car was clamped and the clampers demanded £60 to remove it. She paid £60 cash to get it removed, she then rang the clamping company who demanded she pays £200 (ticket charges). She was also advised that wherever he sees her car he will clamp it until she pays off what she owes and has given her a deadline of this friday. Understandably she is terrified of this and has already paid £50 over the phone with her debit card.

The company is called West Yorkshire Parking Enforecement. Can someone please advise where she stands on this?

Can you explain why she rang the clamping co after she had the clamp removed? In any event, they cannot legally clamp 'anywhere', for example on a public road or a place where they are not entitled to do so.

• It is unlawful to clamp for an alleged debt. She has been conned out of £50 already. She could go down to the police station, but they may or may not be interested. Whatever she does, tell her not to communicate with these people again. They can't do anything. If they clamp on Sainsbury's for this 'alleged debt' PHONE THE POLICE and tell them it is not a civil matter - they are clamping for a debt which does not exist. You can't just walk into Currys and take a TV if you think they owe you a refund for something - you have to go through county court. This is no different.

• Show us photos of the signs so we can look at the original £60 clamping issue.

• Go into Sainsburys and ask customer services who owns the land ie. who is their landlord. You will be persuing them in court as they are responsible for their agent's actions (unless Sainsbury's have employed the clampers which would be fantastic because you would sue them).

• Contact the SIA. They are acting in breach of their licence with their lies and threats.

do a chargeback on the fee they charged her if by credit card.

it is rather cheeky to keep doing it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Initially, apologies for the delay in getting back to you as I have been overseas on business trips.

Thankyou very much for your valuable responses, I will pass this information to her which will hopefully put her at ease.

Sam, I cannot explain why she contacted them however the poor thing was frightened and upset thinking her car would get clamped again so rang them to at least try to resolve the situation.

Initially, apologies for the delay in getting back to you as I have been overseas on business trips.

Thankyou very much for your valuable responses, I will pass this information to her which will hopefully put her at ease.

Sam, I cannot explain why she contacted them however the poor thing was frightened and upset thinking her car would get clamped again so rang them to at least try to resolve the situation.

Well as you can see from the above posts, it would be illegal if they did thus it would be a police matter. Advise her not to contact them again. If they start playing silly beggers by calling her, tell her to simply say; 'Put it in writing, I am not prepared to discuss this on the phone' and nothing else. Let us know if and when anything else happens.

do that chargeback

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...