Need Advice on if lowell can do this

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, if the debt has been sold to Lowell's then they have the right to check your credit file. When you signed an agreement with Vanquis you gave them the right to do this for the duration of the agreement.

This also applies if they sell your account to Lowells as you are still bound by the terms and conditions of that agreement

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

You will probably see any default on your credit file change to lowells as well. They should be taking over the existing default from Vanquis and have the rights to update and manage it

It is, but you gave Vanquis permission to search it and record entries on it for the duration of your credit agreement. Those rights transfer to whoever purchases the account from them.

Note that the DCA is also bound to the terms of the previous agreement , so they can't apply their own T&C's , ie their own interest rate

Edited by FORMISTER
clarification

Whether they have bought the alleged debt or not, if they have an interest in the account ie, they have been informed to collect on behalf of an original creditor (OC) then you will see them flag up searching your file, if they are the chosen DCA then their name will appear against the entries and default.

Agreed that this shouldn't happen, but it does and no-one seems to care except those who's CRF's are searched without their permission.

However as you are aware of this, then your original agreement will have contained that in the event of defaults or no payment, that you give your permission to them to pass your details to a third party, 'the DCA', once these vultures have the go ahead then they are a law unto themselves, and as DCA's and CRA's (credit reference agencies) are the best of buddies and they (CRA's) are paid by the DCA's to place this erroneous info on peoples CRF's then their is little that can be done.

If your seriously choked about it, then lodge a complaint with the CRA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The CRA's always side with the DCA's. The CRA's investigations from your complaints/enquiries basically involve asking the DCA if they are correct, the DCA replying "yes", and then the CRA telling you their investigation is complete and they are doing nothing about it.

Apparently according to the CRA's they don't need to see evidence and they are fullfilling their obligations by just asking and if you don't like it, complain to the ICO

Yep, which is why those with valid complaints, after a tin pot DCA has been searching your CRF for no reason and without your express permission MUST be reported, first to the CRA's then the ICO.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

sorry to but in buta quick question,

if the OC has sent a letter closing the account, or passed it to in house morons who write asking for the full outstanding ballance, is the agreement not teminated,

so can the DCA add intrest as in the original agreement

ms witts

Yes once the full balance of an account is requested you can then take it that the account is terminated, therefore no further interest or charges should be added.