Lloyds overdraft passed on to Wescot

DDWales
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes in my limited experience More crap are useless. With advice from site one letter asking for CCA sent - could not supply it and so all I have had for the last 6 months or so are begging letter saying "Please pay, please".

As BB would probably say - wax crayons must have fallen down back of sofa cos now have Apex writing with what looks like another "please please" letter.. Sppose should write to em but as stated just another merry-go-round ride and I hate them.

Intend

The only trouble with responding to their computer generated spam letters is that they will think you actually care and want to receive more deforestation, as they say, give a dog a bone and it will keep coming back, best left to ignoring them, especially this shower until they can actually produce anything remotely like a SD or summons, or if you want them to keep taking a bite of the bait drop them a line every 5 or 6 months, keep them amused for as long as possible, then send them to their bedroom without any tea.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 years later...

After total silence since October 2011, and no payments made!,

have had a lovely threatogram from 1st Credit.

2 letters the same day.

.the first being the standard 'phishing' 'are you such and such' and if not contact us etc...

and the other being that they have bought the debt from Lloyds

and that I am apparently the person they want including all personal details such as alledged money owed etc!

Bit naughty you think?

So what next?

No dealings with this lot before so what can I expect..

.the usual drivel?

After total silence since October 2011, and no payments made!, have had a lovely threatogram from 1st Credit. 2 letters the same day..the first being the standard 'phishing' 'are you such and such' and if not contact us etc... and the other being that they have bought the debt from Lloyds and that I am apparently the person they want including all personal details such as alledged money owed etc! Bit naughty you think? So what next? No dealings with this lot before so what can I expect...the usual drivel?

Isn't that an amazing coincidence! I just had a letter from 1st Credit accompanied by an LoA from LTSB! I look forward to the phishing missive next...

Isn't that an amazing coincidence! I just had a letter from 1st Credit accompanied by an LoA from LTSB! I look forward to the phishing missive next...

Tell me about it! The other Caggers have mentioned that it's probably to help stave off their recent fine!!!

dd

seems another batch sold on by loyds, they did one a bit back to the likes of bowells/crapquest.

search 1st crud on cag, see what they're like

remind, are you on a payment arrangement with this?

cheers, yours as well?

if creditor, after doing the dca rounds on behalf, doesn't take action themselves then is likely to be up for sale. seems usual back scratching, cred gets the write off and then sells it out, also on commission?, for a dca to try and get their slice!

dd

some options, seeing as not currently paying?;

reduced (taking into account any charges etc) full and final offer, lump sum.

reduced final offer on instalments.

cca request, i know its an o/d but just to see what they come back with. take things then from there.

prove it type letter.

ignore for now.

what do you think?

Edited by Ford

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers all.

Just ignoring until something useful turns up.

I will then hit them with the various templates and see what happens.

Ive had about 3 discount letters since before Christmas which is always a sign of something being up.

I think they know they've got a lemon on thier hands

...Lloyds have probably written off against tax years ago.

The account was opened in 2000/01

so it would be interesting to see what docs would be available and if they would be up to scratch.

is there anything that ever deemed as enforceable on an over draft

me thinks not.

its not covered by CCa anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dd

i meant an O/D 'cca' request.

whilst o/d's are usually exempt from the agreement requirements at that time,

they should say so on receipt of such a request,

but still should provide a statement of account,

as an o/d usually becomes 'running account credit' (as confirmed in the act itself)

and therefore becomes subject to the cc act (but limited). see part v, s74 of the act etc.

i think andyorch may have drafted one re O/d 's.

Edited by Ford

Thanks both...just curious I guess due to how old the account is and how they havent really done anything except use their many pet DCA's. This was originally passed on to Westcot in Dec/Jan 2010/2011!! Have had the standard discount letters too which often signal that there is usually something up.

Edited by DDWales

• 5 weeks later...

An update!

First Cred have decided to ring me at work!! Naughty!

Just fired off 4 recorded delivery letters to their lovely Reigate office:

the prove it,

written correspondance only,

removal of telephone number/data(Section 10 Notice)

and no doorstep visits.

Have any other Caggers had 1st Cred phoning them at work?

This is a first for me and apparently it was from a Mr Brown (of course it was....lol!).

My understanding was that DCA's couldn't contact you in work?

correct

complain to the ICO/OFT

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No templates as such, just in your own words and maybe a reference to the OFT's own DCG, although they should know them, they wrote them!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The ICO have their own complaint page on their website.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Another threatogram of a discount and an intended doorstep visit! :whoo:This one is quite interesting too as it states that they are acting on behalf of Lloyds and not the owners. They just cant make their minds up! All template letters (prove it etc) that I sent last week have been recieved by them also..let's see what happens next...

I think DCAs play a dangerous game - sometimes claiming ownership than at other times claiming to acy on behalf of the OC. Can't have it both ways.

My question - is this misrepresentation - and as such illegal?

what do other think and is this grounds for counter claims?