CCJ under review ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all and Seasons Greetings

I have just had a letter from Shoosmiths stating my file is being reviewed by Cabot Financial, their client.

However, this was a ccj and my monthly payments were agreed by county court obviously. I have paid the amount ordered by direct debit for years now, but im being told the review is due as per the agreed 6 months period, ha ha.

Im happy to carry on my d.d. but just wondered if this is legit considering this is a ccj?

Im happy to fight as i am with the other xxxxxxxx's thanks to your previous great help; i really just need an idea how i respond to the low lifes.

Thanks all

Speckled Hen

Shooscuffs and Cr@pbot doing their own thing with CCJ's eh!

Well first things first give the court who awarded you the CCJ a ring and inform them of what these two imbecile companies are attempting to do, then lodge a formal complaint to the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

If you want to respond to these idiots, then tell them that you have informed the court of their intent, the court is investigating as are the OFT an TS, if they wish to pursue this any further, then you will happily see them in court where by the Judge will find them in contempt and you will counter sue for damages...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi there -- I'm not a Solicitor but even a Dummy like me understands that if a COURT says XYZ these really VILE and WRETCHED DCA's can't say ABC without going back to court and asking for a change --which they won't get if you've been paying what was agreed.

If these companies who now realize its a FAILED business model in buying debts for pennies in the pound and then try and collect the ORIGINAL amount were to operate with a bit more sensitivity etc --ESPECIALLY at this time of the year when they ALL seem to be emerging from the woodwork they might actually MAKE some money.

Their sheer GREED coombined with sites like CAG which now gives consumers information as to their rights etc ensures that a lot of DCA's now walk away with NOTHING or a very small amount -- and using the Court system as an instrument of FEAR just doesn't work any more .

In 999 times out of a 1000 these days if it DOES go to a court the debtor will get a MUCH better arrangement than the DCA will want.

Cheers

jimbo

Could be they're reviewing with a view to applying to the court for a redetermination..so watch your back.

Or a less than subtle attempt to frighten you into upping your payments without the hassle of them going back to court.

However it could equally be a mistake by one of their witless drones :lol:

Elsa x