Brandon Case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/listing_calendar/getDetail.do?case_id=20101463

B2/2010/1463

Title:Ian Karl Robert Brandon v American Express Services Europe Ltd

Type:Appeal

Appeal/Application:from the order of His Honour Judge Roderick Denyer QC Bristol County Court dated 25-May-10

Hearing Status:Float on 12-Jul-11 or 13-Jul-11

Venue:London

Constitution:LORD JUSTICE PILL

LORD JUSTICE MOORE-BICK

LORD JUSTICE GROSS

Case Results

Track Your Case

Current Status:Awaiting a hearing - see Hearing Status

Tracking Information:11-Mar-11: Case passed to List Office

25-Aug-10: Case renewed to oral hearing

30-Jul-10: Permission to Appeal referred to Lord/Lady Justice

02-Jul-10: Bundle(s) approved

22-Jun-10: Letter sent to applicant/solicitor to request bundles and/or documents

Last Updated:01-Apr-11

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone explain what happended after the appeal was dismissed in May2010. We seem to jump to this point where we are now waiting for the appeal decision in July2011. How did the case go from appeal dismissed, to another appeal pending??

Reading between the lines, I think there was a hearing to decide if the appeal would be allowed, but I think AMEX consented to such and it is now listed for a hearing next week.

We really need Mr Brandon to say what is really going on, it may well have settled.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 2 weeks later...

well however it went, Brandon is a bl**dy legend for taking Amex on! Let's hope he had a result and managed to get the default provisions of the CCA enforced as originally intended i.e. so big credit firms did not get away with disregarding ethical practice and screwing retail consumers.

well however it went, Brandon is a bl**dy legend for taking Amex on! Let's hope he had a result and managed to get the default provisions of the CCA enforced as originally intended i.e. so big credit firms did not get away with disregarding ethical practice and screwing retail consumers.

Yep.....I'm with you 100%.

This is what it says on Wiki 'A judge will sometimes, having heard both sides of the argument, refrain from making an immediate decision and retire to consider the case further. The judge will announce that they are to 'reserve' their judgment until a later time. This is sometimes annotated in law reports by the Latin phrase "Cur. adv. vult." or "c.a.v." '

SB

Mmm Seems like he must have had a good case but they cant rule in his favour?

Nooooo.....I think it sounds promising myself! This is an appeal. There is obviously some flaws in the last judgement if it has to be thought about in depth this time. If Brandon had no chance of winning the appeal then I feel the judge would have made his judgement yesterday IMO.

SB