Theatened with injunction

arthurx1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been parking on an area of land next to my house for over 12 years.

I have maintained this land for the 12+ years

Now my neighbour has told me on Sunday that it is her land, and hasbeen for25 years, and has asked me to park elsewhere.

Today i have recieved a letter from her solicitor telling me if i dont stop parking my car there that she will apply for a court injunction.

I was unaware anyone owned this land, indeed the previous owners of my house parked there for 8 years.

First post hope this is the most suitable forum

advice PLEASE

Arthur

Hello, Arthur, I've moved your post to a more suitable forum where it might attract more responses.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Op, It would be a good idea if you were to visit xxxxxxxx, there are experts there on this very subject.

12+8 years may mean you have acquired the right to park there.

Edited by IdaInFife
typo removed external website address

There was recently a case on my local radio's consumer program where a woman had been using her back gate for 20 years untill the council sold the land behind her home to developers. The developers decided to create the backgardens right upto her back fence so she could no longer use the access.

She went to some sort of civil case (I don't know the exact name of it) and they found in her favor and she was granted acces rights meaning the developers, even though they owned the land will have to allow her to keep her access.

Can i claim "Perscriptive Easement"

arthur

I doubt it. There are a few parking/storage cases concerning easements.

There are criteria that must be fulfilled for a right to become an easement. One is that the servient owner (the person who the land belongs to) is not excluded from the land. It would therefore depend on the size of the land and the interference caused by your parking.

Adverse possession claims may be difficult - the possession must be "adverse" and this is something where there has been much dispute in the past.

Land disputes (especially between neighbours) are always best avoided.